RegisterDonateLogin

Grant you the rank of Jedi Master, Bloo Milk does not.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Why trade? Options
shatterpoint7
Posted: Wednesday, June 10, 2009 7:25:56 AM
Groups: Member

I don't get why people would be willing to trade minis worth aproximatley the same amount, and also pay shipping. Plus, you don't even know if that person will actually send you the minis. I'd make an exception for dups.
Boba Fettuccine
Posted: Wednesday, June 10, 2009 8:11:48 AM

Well, there are several reasons to trade.

1) If you are looking to finish a collection. (I just got my Darth Revan, well on my way to finishing TFU!)

2) If you don't have a ton of money and want more/better pieces. Say, if you don't want to pay $30 bucks for a Jango Bounty Hunter and have a couple of characters that you never play laying around, odds are someone will have him for trade. It's really the only way to get harder to get pieces without selling a kidney. You could spend $30 to get that Jango, or you could spent $2.95 plus a character that never sees gameplay. Sounds like a better deal this way.

3) The trading system is specifically set up so that even though "you don't even know if that person will actually send you the mins," you can be reasonably assured that they will. I wouldn't be worried about receiving a mini from a person that has 10+ GTL points. They have more reason to be worried about a person who has none. I don't think we have had a person with over 10+ GTL points weltch on a trade and get a BTL point.

Need I go on?
kenred2
Posted: Wednesday, June 10, 2009 8:20:11 AM

shatterpoint7 wrote:
I don't get why people would be willing to trade minis worth aproximatley the same amount, and also pay shipping. Plus, you don't even know if that person will actually send you the minis. I'd make an exception for dups.

This is why we have the "ref" system to ensure people who are experienced with trading, be as reliable and trustworthy trading online. The more refs, the better the experience you'd have trading with that member.

The Good Trade List (GTL feedback reference) can be found here:
http://www.bloomilk.com/Forums/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=440
ChuckaFett
Posted: Wednesday, June 10, 2009 8:23:59 AM
Groups: Member , Trade Moderator

It's fun! I love the suspense of waiting for something pleasant to show up in the mail. I'm old now and other than mini's all I get in the mail are bills! Would much rather get a mini!
You get to know people on the boards a little more, at least in my experience I've had some great conversations via PM.
The system isn't perfect, but it works for the most part. Some people build their reputations online via the trade system and most take it very serious. Knock on wood, but I've yet to be hosed!
DarthRAD
Posted: Wednesday, June 10, 2009 8:34:21 AM

All well said points.....

Use the GTL if you're not sure Confused
Get rid of units you don't need for units you do need at a far cheaper price BigGrin
and Make friends in the process Cool
Boba Fettuccine
Posted: Wednesday, June 10, 2009 8:55:56 AM

ChuckaFett wrote:
It's fun! I love the suspense of waiting for something pleasant to show up in the mail. I'm old now and other than mini's all I get in the mail are bills! Would much rather get a mini!

Ya know, I'm the exact same way Cool It's always exciting to open the mailbox because there might just be a little white box.

I like all the creative ways in which people package them, too. The vast majority of players are just as anal as I am about the straightness of a lightsaber. If someone needs a lesson in packaging, trade something with swinefeld. That guy can package a mini like no one's business!