RegisterDonateLogin

The Force is with Bloo Milk, but it is not a Jedi yet.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

NR Han Team advice Options
Eroschilles
Posted: Friday, May 1, 2015 7:47:05 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I am toying with a couple of squads to use for the PA regionals that I saw others were doing well with, but I am not really sure which way to go. I haven't played for a while, about a year so I don't expect to do too well.

so here is the first:

45 Han Solo, Corellian Legend
32 Chewbacca, Galactic Hero
29 Ganner Rhysode
25 Leia Skywalker, Jedi Knight
23 General Wedge Antilles
20 Wraith Squadron Pilot
10 Jagged Fel
9 General Dodonna
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

(199pts. 10 activations)

I like what Jagged and Leia do for the Wraith pilot. Some fun potential to kill quite a few low point guys.

Next is:
48 Luke Skywalker, Galactic Hero
20 Wraith Squadron Pilot
10 Jagged Fel
10 R2-D2, Galactic Hero
9 General Dodonna
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

(200pts. 9 activations)

I like melee interference. No movement breaker.

Anyways, thoughts?
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, May 1, 2015 7:54:53 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Leia probably isn't worth it without a couple Mouse Droids. She's decent when helping clean up but dies quickly if she's up front. But with no other door control, I wouldn't drop an Ugnaught for one.

countrydude82487
Posted: Friday, May 1, 2015 9:31:59 AM
Groups: Member

I would drop luke on the Second one for a different, Cheap Melee piece. 2Part of lukes big benefit is giving GMA and in this squad he only gives it to leia. You could use Lowbacca, Zekk, or even the New Shadow Vao. THis would also free up some space for more door control and mouse droids to broadcast leia's Commander Effect.
fingersandteeth
Posted: Friday, May 1, 2015 9:59:38 AM

FlyingArrow wrote:
Leia probably isn't worth it without a couple Mouse Droids. She's decent when helping clean up but dies quickly if she's up front. But with no other door control, I wouldn't drop an Ugnaught for one.

I don't think the squad spreads out as much as you think. You need Chewie to protect the more fragile pieces (Han and Leia) and Wedge gets a real boost when you keep him close to Han. I think you could run it without mice but one or two is plenty.
Leia brings more than her CE. She has both force sense and force absorb that are very useful tech additions and she is another source of Protective for Chewie. Also, her LS throw is a nice 12 square assault that is really handy. In the current meta with a Wedge/Han/chewie squad i would need a reason NOT to include her because she fits so well and counters a decent amount of things. She is a great piece in these squads.

Eroschilles wrote:
I am toying with a couple of squads to use for the PA regionals that I saw others were doing well with, but I am not really sure which way to go. I haven't played for a while, about a year so I don't expect to do too well.

so here is the first:

29 Ganner Rhysode
25 Leia Skywalker, Jedi Knight
20 Wraith Squadron Pilot
10 Jagged Fel
9 General Dodonna
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

(199pts. 10 activations)

I like what Jagged and Leia do for the Wraith pilot. Some fun potential to kill quite a few low point guys.

Next is:
48 Luke Skywalker, Galactic Hero
20 Wraith Squadron Pilot
10 Jagged Fel
10 R2-D2, Galactic Hero
9 General Dodonna
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

(200pts. 9 activations)

I like melee interference. No movement breaker.

Anyways, thoughts?

The first one is clearly better IMO. I would not run this without Ganner unless you are running the TBSV because you really need the dmg output from the triples. I like the idea of boosting han to 16's most of the time with Jagged but i'm wondering if you need door control instead, or you could drop the wraith and add override and activations. You will find that opportunist on your 2 big shooters means you want to activate last, which means activations.

The second one is nice with its beef but again i would prefer Ganner in there to the wraith and jagged. I feel getting in position for either likes LS throw, Hans triple or Chewies double protective is likely to pay off more than the +4 to pilots and the scrub killing that Jagged and the wraith will provide. Ganner will also benefit from likes CE so you will get GMA out of him which will help his offensive output in the late game.
Sthlrd2
Posted: Friday, May 1, 2015 10:18:13 AM

The first one is better IMO but I would drop Jagged for a R7 and mouse.
gholli69
Posted: Friday, May 1, 2015 10:48:54 AM

Ganner will also benefit from likes CE so you will get GMA out of him which will help his offensive output in the late game.

+1 to this especially since he's hitting for 30 a pop base dam.
fingersandteeth
Posted: Friday, May 1, 2015 12:09:35 PM

gholli69 wrote:

+1 to this especially since he's hitting for 30 a pop base dam.

Eh? What am I missing here?
TheHutts
Posted: Friday, May 1, 2015 8:21:06 PM

My friend and I played Han on Han last night. The build with Disruptive won, since it could turn off the other Han's evade, but I'm sure that other things such as more beef would be useful in other matchups.