RegisterDonateLogin

Has never underestimated the power of the Dark Side.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Over ride clear up Options
Zalkrie
Posted: Monday, June 15, 2009 11:40:41 PM
Groups: Member

I have a question about R2's over ride ability. R2 during his turn moves next to a door that is closed. I know that the door opens at the end of his turn, but does his over ride come into play before the door opens or after.
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Tuesday, June 16, 2009 12:22:36 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

End of turn affects happen simultaneously and therefore it is up to the acting characters to chose the order they happen.
So yes, you can move R2 up to a door and at the end of his turn chose to have the door open (as long as it is not overridden shut...even by the current player...see below) and then override another door open.

Also, remember this from the FAQ:
Q: Can I resolve the new door to Override, and the old door that is losing Override in any order I choose, or even split them up during the end of my turn?

A: No. Override is always resolved all at the same time at the end of the character's turn in the following order: first, select a door within line of sight and immediately apply the selected open or closed state to that door; second, remove Override from the door Override was applied to on the previous turn (if different from the door for the current turn) and change its state to whatever it would be based on adjacent characters.
Zalkrie
Posted: Tuesday, June 16, 2009 12:26:08 AM
Groups: Member

Thanks Huk....that is what I thought, but it came up in a game this past week and someone else told my opponent something different.

Thanks for clearing it up!!