RegisterDonateLogin

Does NOT have a Holiday Special.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

The Jedi Exile, The Dark Woman, Grandmaster Yoda, Darth Maul stats Options
Lachesis
Posted: Tuesday, June 16, 2009 5:13:02 PM
Groups: Member

defender390 wrote:
I do not agree with Maul having Vaapad. He was a practitioner of Form VII (Juyo), but that is not the same as Vaapad. Vaapad was more of a state of mind rather than a combat form and there were only three practitioners: Mace Windu, Depa Billaba, and Sora Bulq. This simply flies in the face of canon, they should have just made a Juyo Style Fighting Special Ability. The Jedi Exile is simply a horrible representation of the character. The special thing about her was her ability to easily form force bonds, yet there is nothing to represent that. This was a theme present all throughout the game and was tied into almost every event before and during the game. She also trained the entire next generation of Jedi masters, yet there is nothing to show that either. I also do not think her commander effect help the Old Republic very much. It does not matter how many attacks you get if you cannot hit the broad side of a star destroyer. For the same cost as Darth Malak, Dark Lord of the Sith, it is obviously inferior. But that has always been the story of the Old Republic. Maybe I was just expecting more for an ailing faction. As far as future Old Republic pieces go, they better move Heaven, or I will raise Hell. I do like both Grand Master Yoda and the Dark Woman, though. They are very good representations of the characters and fit into their faction well.

atton rand at a 20 attack (malak) for 6 attacks at 40 damage, um i think he could simply snipe a guy on the opposite side of a star destroyer at that point,
Jedi Master Chief
Posted: Tuesday, June 16, 2009 8:42:52 PM

Wow I really love all of these pieces and I'm so glad that they didn't f up the exile in such a way that he wouldn't be playable. I like any kuryo and her charachter isn't supposed to be a beat but instead works as a Interesting gimick. Maul is not too shabby truthfully. Because he never really was as strong in the force. And he is in his version an assassin and I think it's very fitting. And gm yoda is pretty freakin awesome and I am excited for all of these pieces
joverfield
Posted: Tuesday, June 16, 2009 11:39:32 PM

maul needs gma..Dark woman is going to be fun and yoda will be fun to tow with doombot....
Boba Fett
Posted: Wednesday, June 17, 2009 2:03:50 AM

realy makes me mad that we don't know Khruk. he is my most wanted!
awesome
Posted: Wednesday, June 17, 2009 2:12:45 AM

WOW, Maul ROCKS, Love the Dark Women, for 21 points she might be the best piece.
the Exile is less than I was expecting, I mean giving extra attack is in allot of CE's.
Durge Dude
Posted: Wednesday, June 17, 2009 2:40:20 AM

Yes Yes Yes I have been wanting a Dark Woman for a long time and here she is and AWESOME if i might say
Durge Dude
Posted: Wednesday, June 17, 2009 2:41:11 AM

Yes Yes Yes I have been wanting a Dark Woman for a long time and here she is and AWESOME if i might say
mrtyler7
Posted: Wednesday, June 17, 2009 3:33:36 AM

I like all the pieces, but I'm a little disappointed, I suppose. The new maul seems pretty close to the CS maul, only cheaper. Knight Speed will help him get into place faster so he won't take as many shots getting across the board, and he is cheaper, so those are both pluses.

As for the Exile... Everyone's right. The Extra Attack CE is pretty sweet. However, without block or deflect, she's really open to attack. Force Defense and Repulse should help, but I can't help but feel a tad underwhelmed.

The dark woman's phase ability is pretty sweet, but with only 1 attack, she's not going to be all that useful. I know she's cheap, and you do get a lot of HP's for her cost..

Gotta love Yoda.

Thanks for the stats kenred!
lukey84
Posted: Wednesday, June 17, 2009 4:36:08 AM

i like the new maul, but i really wish he had cleave/rolling cleave. cool otherwise.
Sithfan
Posted: Wednesday, June 17, 2009 4:45:43 AM

I'm dissapointed with the new Maul. I would have been happy if Maul had these stats...

Quote:
Cost 43
Hit points 110
Defense 20
Attack 12
Damage 20

Unique
Melee Attack; Double Attack
Loner (+4 Attack if no allies are within 6 squares)
Rolling Cleave (Once per turn, if this character defeats an adjacent enemy by making an attack, she can immediately move 1 square and then make 1 attack against another adjacent enemy without provoking an attack of opportunity)
Stealth (If this character has cover, she does not count as the nearest enemy for an attacker farther than 6 squares when choosing targets)
Twin Attack (Whenever this character attacks, she makes 1 extra attack against the same target)

Force 3
Sith Rage (Force 1: +10 Damage on all attacks this turn)

That's right... the same stats as the new Assaj, who also costs 43 points.
defender390
Posted: Wednesday, June 17, 2009 5:30:00 AM

I was perhaps a bit harsh in my analysis of the Exile. Atton Rand admittedly slipped my mind, but I still think he needed a defensive boost rather than an offensive one. He is still a glass cannon without Accurate Shot and will require careful placing to be used effectively, and with a low defense that will be hard. In order to give him Twin Attack, Extra Attack, and +4 Attack, you need 134 points of other characters. Also, while I do like the ability to bring in Malak for the Old Republic, I find it a little annoying that the best commander for the Old Republic is a Sith Lord. I was hoping for something that would help Carth, but that might not be possible at this point. That wasn't really my main problem with the character, though. My bigger problem is the poor representation of the character. A force bond ability would have been perfect on this character and would also have fit well on Anakin Solo. The only thing the miniature properly addressed as something unique for the Exile is Empathy (Beast Trick in-game) and that was a rather minor ability. I would have much rather had Shinja's version of the Exile than this. If I honestly thought we would get another one in the future I would like this piece a lot more, but I fear this is the only shot we got. I was simply a bit frustrated in my other post because it seems to me that once again an Old Republic piece was not as good as it could be. Perhaps my expectations ran a bit too high.
awesome
Posted: Wednesday, June 17, 2009 5:41:29 AM

defender390 wrote:
I was perhaps a bit harsh in my analysis of the Exile. Atton Rand admittedly slipped my mind, but I still think he needed a defensive boost rather than an offensive one. He is still a glass cannon without Accurate Shot and will require careful placing to be used effectively, and with a low defense that will be hard. In order to give him Twin Attack, Extra Attack, and +4 Attack, you need 134 points of other characters. Also, while I do like the ability to bring in Malak for the Old Republic, I find it a little annoying that the best commander for the Old Republic is a Sith Lord. I was hoping for something that would help Carth, but that might not be possible at this point. That wasn't really my main problem with the character, though. My bigger problem is the poor representation of the character. A force bond ability would have been perfect on this character and would also have fit well on Anakin Solo. The only thing the miniature properly addressed as something unique for the Exile is Empathy (Beast Trick in-game) and that was a rather minor ability. I would have much rather had Shinja's version of the Exile than this. If I honestly thought we would get another one in the future I would like this piece a lot more, but I fear this is the only shot we got. I was simply a bit frustrated in my other post because it seems to me that once again an Old Republic piece was not as good as it could be. Perhaps my expectations ran a bit too high.

you can boost his defense with the OR captain, it puts him up another 3 defense.
defender390
Posted: Wednesday, June 17, 2009 6:04:21 AM

Yes, a 19 Defense is certainly respectable, especially on a 26 point piece. I am not saying he is ineffective or useless, just that I am skeptical if he is worth all of the support you have to invest into him to get him to optimum preformance. I suppose I just prefer pieces that are slightly more autonomous. I always suspected that the Old Republic was going a defensive route like the New Republic with strong defensive abilities, but now the faction kind of seems cobbled together to me. They have good support, few uniques, and have not really found their stride yet. The Exile is good piece as far as playability since I believe she will keep the Old Republic afloat. She simply is not what I expected, and a poor representation of the character in my opinion.
LoboStele
Posted: Wednesday, June 17, 2009 8:06:45 AM

defender390 wrote:

Heh, I don't think anything will really ever help Carth become a competitive piece, lol. It's easy for the Exile to be disappointing though. I mean, it's the same problem that Rob talked about when they were working on Revan. Everybody has a different idea of what the character should be, because we all created them differently when we played the game. Heck, I didn't even realize the Exile was canonically a female till after I played the game and read about it on Wookieepedia. I played the Exile as a male. ;)

I think she does bring something interesting to the faction, that's for sure. Atton definitely becomes a better piece, though he's still pretty fragile, and will require a lot of finesse. But Extra Attack for all allies is pretty slick. All of the OR Jedi really benefit from that, and the Jedi Battlemaster in particular will be nasty with her.

I like her overall. Would've been cool to see something a tad more innovative, but I can understand why she ended up the way she is.
defender390
Posted: Wednesday, June 17, 2009 8:30:09 AM

LoboStele wrote:
Heh, I don't think anything will really ever help Carth become a competitive piece, lol. It's easy for the Exile to be disappointing though. I mean, it's the same problem that Rob talked about when they were working on Revan. Everybody has a different idea of what the character should be, because we all created them differently when we played the game. Heck, I didn't even realize the Exile was canonically a female till after I played the game and read about it on Wookieepedia. I played the Exile as a male. ;)

I think she does bring something interesting to the faction, that's for sure. Atton definitely becomes a better piece, though he's still pretty fragile, and will require a lot of finesse. But Extra Attack for all allies is pretty slick. All of the OR Jedi really benefit from that, and the Jedi Battlemaster in particular will be nasty with her.

I like her overall. Would've been cool to see something a tad more innovative, but I can understand why she ended up the way she is.

Yeah, I will agree to that. At least the Exile did not turn out like Revan and try to do too much. The thing that just eats at me is the absense of a force bond ability, considering that was a recurring theme before and during the game regardless of how you designed your character. She does help the faction, but I hoped for more of a defensive effect more than an offensive one. I think people who did not play Knights of the Old Republic II see a competitive piece, but people who did see what it could have been. Anyway, I came up with my own version here.
Partof1
Posted: Wednesday, June 17, 2009 9:08:59 AM

I love Exile and Yoda! Exile does not single handedly save OR, but she does have nice synergy with some of the pieces. Its a great CE, but has always been on expensive peices. With Echanis and Jabba CL with MD's, for example, and Vodo, who becomes a big threat and great tie-up piece, who gives her MotF Defense when he dies.
Yoda is awesome. Ataru Mastery is a great representation, showing acrobatics against one enemy. Ban or no ban, I'd use him over GOWK any day.

Maul is pretty cool, but kind of limite in that you almost need to play him w/ HoloSid. And Dark Woman, certainly cool, but i don't see her really filling a significant niche, but that may change when her LT is clarified.
swmimperial130
Posted: Wednesday, June 17, 2009 9:24:16 AM

Exile + Cade/Boba Bh = CARNAGE
LoboStele
Posted: Wednesday, June 17, 2009 9:30:32 AM

Partof1 wrote:
And Dark Woman, certainly cool, but i don't see her really filling a significant niche, but that may change when her LT is clarified.

Look at how Shinja has Light Tutor worded for her. That's how the card reads (I've seen it, don't ask how). It will work on Uniques or non-Uniques, and doesn't matter what faction they are. Will be very nice.
Partof1
Posted: Wednesday, June 17, 2009 10:27:54 AM

LoboStele wrote:
Partof1 wrote:
And Dark Woman, certainly cool, but i don't see her really filling a significant niche, but that may change when her LT is clarified.

Look at how Shinja has Light Tutor worded for her. That's how the card reads (I've seen it, don't ask how). It will work on Uniques or non-Uniques, and doesn't matter what faction they are. Will be very nice.

Oh, yeah, that is useful. I think I could find a use for her.
lukey84
Posted: Wednesday, June 17, 2009 10:42:44 AM

i just realized that my nihl will finally see a use. maul+nihl+juhani+holosid+chag merc. granted its all relying on dice rolls for crits, and melee centric. but man thatll hurt. i was really really really hoping for rolling cleave too, but whatever.