RegisterDonateLogin

I ain't seen one of these websites since I was prospecting on Subterrel.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Interesting stuff with JA Options
Omnus
Posted: Thursday, June 18, 2009 6:15:30 PM
Groups: Member

I almost posted some random thoughts in the Bellevue WA calnder of events because we often do just bullshit on the calender but I figure I can be more social than that : )

So i was thinking about interesting stuff to do with JA minis.

I was thinking about the quigon, jedi trainer and what minis he could actually be useful with...I thought about stapkin and the dark woman. Then I realized if the dark woman has light tutor, she could give an fp to a clonetrooper on speeder, which allows the fig to benefit from quigon. While its not that big of deal because you could always do it with tarful, but Guigon is alot more useful and doesn't need mas amedda.

So I like that dark woman, clonetrooper on speeder and quigon jinn jedi trainer have some nice synergy with each other.

New yoda with clonetrooper on speeder could also work well. Speeder gets bonuses from yoda so it can actually hit and the speeder is able to clean up uggies to help yoda get ataru mastery.

I haven't worked up squads with these guys yet because I locked in regionals squads atm.

I know there is obvious stuff like sith lords and holosid (Yes, nightwalker...they are coming for you...if I gte 2 cases that could easily be 4 sith lords with FL2...lots and lots of lightning ready to cook r2!)

Ossus Guardians with a corsec officer could fun...

Anyway...anyone got some interesting combos that they have thought about with the new JA minis?

Boba Fett
Posted: Thursday, June 18, 2009 6:23:47 PM

not doing anything with JA till i see Khruk
Tirade
Posted: Thursday, June 18, 2009 6:30:28 PM

Omnus wrote:
I almost posted some random thoughts in the Bellevue WA calnder of events because we often do just bullshit on the calender but I figure I can be more social than that : )

So i was thinking about interesting stuff to do with JA minis.

I was thinking about the quigon, jedi trainer and what minis he could actually be useful with...I thought about stapkin and the dark woman. Then I realized if the dark woman has light tutor, she could give an fp to a clonetrooper on speeder, which allows the fig to benefit from quigon. While its not that big of deal because you could always do it with tarful, but Guigon is alot more useful and doesn't need mas amedda.

So I like that dark woman, clonetrooper on speeder and quigon jinn jedi trainer have some nice synergy with each other.

New yoda with clonetrooper on speeder could also work well. Speeder gets bonuses from yoda so it can actually hit and the speeder is able to clean up uggies to help yoda get ataru mastery.

I haven't worked up squads with these guys yet because I locked in regionals squads atm.

I know there is obvious stuff like sith lords and holosid (Yes, nightwalker...they are coming for you...if I gte 2 cases that could easily be 4 sith lords with FL2...lots and lots of lightning ready to cook r2!)

Ossus Guardians with a corsec officer could fun...

Anyway...anyone got some interesting combos that they have thought about with the new JA minis?

Wow, I didn't even think of using the DW's Light Tutor on a Speeder Bike. That's a great idea to up its attack (via Qui-Gon). That's still less than the Lancer's Attack (via Grievous and a BDO), but definitely a start. Now if only they could gain access to Twin Razz.

I must say, I like the synergy between the DW and Qui-Gon, JT. As for a crazy combo, I think it might be fun to run Younglings with Malak and the OR Captain.
Omnus
Posted: Thursday, June 18, 2009 6:55:45 PM

Quote:
Wow, I didn't even think of using the DW's Light Tutor on a Speeder Bike. That's a great idea to up its attack (via Qui-Gon). That's still less than the Lancer's Attack (via Grievous and a BDO), but definitely a start. Now if only they could gain access to Twin .

I must say, I like the synergy between the DW and Qui-Gon, JT. As for a crazy combo, I think it might be fun to run Younglings with Malak and the OR Captain.

In 150, I have had some good luck with just the lancer and a bdo. +14 for 20 with a reach of 24-48 squares can do alot to sweep through activations, kill commanders or just weaken 40-70 hp figs in a more easily 1-2 shoted range.

The clonetrooper on speeder is also not melee so its doesn't suffer from the riposte risk. Bacara can give it +10 damage against adjacent targets too if you want. But I like the idea of keeping the support costs down, so after you clear activations and weaken a bunch of pieces they feel severely weakened and you only lost a 28pt speeder. Other nice thing is that have a lancer, speeder or yobuck around makes positioning a lot more difficult.

May rarely if ever come up...but if we are beefing of the speeder with quigon or yoda...it would be funny to accomplish a decent strafe within 6 of czerka for strafe/jolt. Even if its just fly over 3 figs within 12 squares of each others, try to jolt each of them and then end the strafe and make a regular attack against one that made the jolt save for an extra chance to jolt.
Tirade
Posted: Thursday, June 18, 2009 7:01:25 PM

Omnus wrote:
Quote:
Wow, I didn't even think of using the DW's Light Tutor on a Speeder Bike. That's a great idea to up its attack (via Qui-Gon). That's still less than the Lancer's Attack (via Grievous and a BDO), but definitely a start. Now if only they could gain access to Twin .

In 150, I have had some good luck with just the lancer and a bdo. +14 for 20 with a reach of 24-48 squares can do alot to sweep through activations, kill commanders or just weaken 40-70 hp figs in a more easily 1-2 shoted range.

The clonetrooper on speeder is also not melee so its doesn't suffer from the riposte risk. Bacara can give it +10 damage against adjacent targets too if you want. But I like the idea of keeping the support costs down, so after you clear activations and weaken a bunch of pieces they feel severely weakened and you only lost a 28pt speeder. Other nice thing is that have a lancer, speeder or yobuck around makes positioning a lot more difficult.

May rarely if ever come up...but if we are beefing of the speeder with quigon or yoda...it would be funny to accomplish a decent strafe within 6 of czerka for strafe/jolt. Even if its just fly over 3 figs within 12 squares of each others, try to jolt each of them and then end the strafe and make a regular attack against one that made the jolt save for an extra chance to jolt.

Hmmm, I didn't even think of Bacara either. Just goes to show how often I run clones :P. I don't think 68 points of Tech/Commanders is too much. You would still have room to squeeze in some stealth guys for Bacara.

Another fun idea: use Light Tutor on Cody. With a +14 attack, that Sniper and Accurate really comes into play. Maybe a 200 squad like:

General Aayla 50
Rex 33
Qui-Gon, JT 24
The DW 21
Cody 20
R2 9
Mas 8

Not sure what to do with the other 35 points. I would be tempted to squeeze in another Clone Commander like Bacara or Gree.
Omnus
Posted: Thursday, June 18, 2009 7:43:01 PM

I also like that RS Jabba can bring in two Crimson Nova BH's as reinforcements that both Benefit from his CE. Not sure if that is competitive in any format but it can be used in any faction.

Czerka + Mobile makes the Crimon Nova BH's pretty good.

While I am thinking about it...

A Jensaari Defender with Evade and haunted could be cool. Talk about soaking up a ton of Damage (not compared to GOWK but still). Can get GMA from a twilek too. Evade+Deflect+Mettle and Attuned Armor. Deflect may not be needed that often but if he gets disrupted, delfect is still really nice to help against the big single shots from Han smug.
sharron
Posted: Thursday, June 18, 2009 10:42:28 PM

i think ossus guardians in a NR squad, then put garm bel iblis in there, then bring in an ithorian commander via reinforcements. vong get even beastyer, and get evade, extra roles, everything. awesomeness.
Opan Windu
Posted: Thursday, June 18, 2009 10:54:10 PM

Leia Skywalker can let your squad reroll Cade BH's splash damage.
awesome
Posted: Friday, June 19, 2009 12:57:58 AM

Well, Ive been thinking about the Yoda, if there is 1 enemy(not based up to you) within 6, you could than use lightsaber throw to get twin on all the characters in the back and a 4 attack,
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Friday, June 19, 2009 3:09:20 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Omnus wrote:
While I am thinking about it...

A Jensaari Defender with Evade and haunted could be cool. Talk about soaking up a ton of Damage (not compared to GOWK but still). Can get GMA from a twilek too. Evade+Deflect+Mettle and Attuned Armor. Deflect may not be needed that often but if he gets disrupted, delfect is still really nice to help against the big single shots from Han smug.

Now add in a Bacta w/ 2-1B BlooMilk