RegisterDonateLogin

Makes you strong enough to pull the ears off a Gundark.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Master K'Kruhk stats are up on Bloomilk... Options
Partof1
Posted: Friday, June 19, 2009 8:34:46 AM
Groups: Member

I like this guy, lots of options, and he isn't ridiculously expensive. I love force leap, and its great with any extra tricks. When I think of what makes a good mini, I think of what annoys me when playing, and 30 base damage with avoid defeat is very annoying. His force Heal will also be useful if he makes his AD saves.

I think versatility is the biggest strength of the more recent Jedi. KKJBM, or the Exile, for example. I absolutelylove this set, because it has so many pieces, and not all are fighting for the same niche.
saeseetiin
Posted: Friday, June 19, 2009 9:33:30 AM

He is not bad 30 base damage 150 hit pts, deflect and leap is good too and I'm sure we will find a real nice commander effect for him. Everyone wants affinity for NR but I think NR did good enough for this set. No more new minis until Galixies at War I can't wait and I don't even have any of th JA set.
Draconarius
Posted: Friday, June 19, 2009 1:10:05 PM

I've already said this on WotC, but I'm very much unimpressed. For 52 points, I was expecting something... better. The 30 damage is nice, but overall he's just lackluster. I can't see a reason to play him instead of a pair of JWMs or something similiar.
awesome
Posted: Friday, June 19, 2009 1:26:49 PM

Most of the ones in JA are under what they should be, but really the dark women is way over done, 21 points of 110 hp, 10 attacl, can go through walls and have superstealth and give force points.
they should have dulled her down and sharpened the others.
Volvagia14
Posted: Friday, June 19, 2009 1:28:57 PM

I'm dissapointed a bit. Ever since I started playing minis (almost a year) I looked all through the minis and was sad to see there was no K'kruhk. Now they finnaly make one and he is decent at best. I was hoping for a bit better. TDW Light tudor would be cool to give to him though. Or better yet, Quigon Jinn, JM's Light spirit would be fun, but all in all, a bit dissapointed.
awesome
Posted: Friday, June 19, 2009 1:30:45 PM

yeah, republic needs a light spirit, to many force users without renewal
Volvagia14
Posted: Friday, June 19, 2009 1:30:50 PM

awesome wrote:
Most of the ones in JA are under what they should be, but really the dark women is way over done, 21 points of 110 hp, 10 attacl, can go through walls and have superstealth and give force points.
they should have dulled her down and sharpened the others.

I don't think she should be dulled, I think the others should have been sharpened. Oh well, can always hope this is all a cruel sick joke and there stats havn't been released yet. Tongue
awesome
Posted: Friday, June 19, 2009 1:33:13 PM

yeah, a sick joke would be nice, but I know the official previews are real, and Plagueis's and Sadow's(because I have them)
Tirade
Posted: Friday, June 19, 2009 2:26:10 PM

Draconarius wrote:
I've already said this on WotC, but I'm very much unimpressed. For 52 points, I was expecting something... better. The 30 damage is nice, but overall he's just lackluster. I can't see a reason to play him instead of a pair of JWMs or something similiar.

This sums it up for me. There is no real substance behind the piece. More like a handout to fans that have been wanting a K'kruhk miniature.
awesome
Posted: Friday, June 19, 2009 2:27:19 PM

Tirade, you are probably right, that is most likely is why Plagueis was made, either that or they ran out of idea's of mini's to make.
Tirade
Posted: Friday, June 19, 2009 2:33:43 PM

awesome wrote:
Tirade, you are probably right, that is most likely is why Plagueis was made, either that or they ran out of idea's of mini's to make.

Plagueis isn't quite so bad Wink. While he may be an odd offering, everyone that has seen Ep III has heard of the name. So I'm not too shocked to see him in miniature form. Who knows? Maybe Lucas and his cronies told Wizos they had to make a Plagueis miniature. All I know is I'm far happier with Plagueis than the blah piece we received named K'kruhk.
Darth_Decronus
Posted: Friday, June 19, 2009 2:58:33 PM

Tirade wrote:
K'kruhk joins a growing list of disappointing VRs from 40 piece sets (Anakin on STAP, Ahsoka, C-3PO, BH Leia, Vodo, Maul). Rob seems to save the best treatment for the Rs now. That is sad.

How is Maul a bad VR?Confused he is a great piece and vodo is nowhere near as bad as the others on that list
Tirade
Posted: Friday, June 19, 2009 3:01:05 PM

Darth_Decronus wrote:
Tirade wrote:
K'kruhk joins a growing list of disappointing VRs from 40 piece sets (Anakin on STAP, Ahsoka, C-3PO, BH Leia, Vodo, Maul). Rob seems to save the best treatment for the Rs now. That is sad.

How is Maul a bad VR?Confused he is a great piece and vodo is nowhere near as bad as the others on that list

Well, compare Maul to the Map Pack Asajj. He might appear lacking after doing the comparison ;).

Also, I never said Vodo was bad, simply disappointing. Many people, including myself, expected a CE. Instead we got a piece lacking much faction synergy. So that's why Vodo falls into the disappointing category. Truth be told, I actually like him better than Maul.
Draconarius
Posted: Friday, June 19, 2009 3:48:49 PM

Tirade wrote:
Darth_Decronus wrote:
Tirade wrote:

Well, compare Maul to the Map Pack Asajj. He might appear lacking after doing the comparison ;).

Also, I never said Vodo was bad, simply disappointing. Many people, including myself, expected a CE. Instead we got a piece lacking much faction synergy. So that's why Vodo falls into the disappointing category. Truth be told, I actually like him better than Maul.

You and I agree completely, Tirade. Maul looks good until you look at the new Asajj, at which point you realise he's pretty hopeless.

We also agree on Vodo: he's a good piece, but just not what I expected from the legendary Jedi Master. Nothing new, just... bland. He also does next to nothing to help his faction out.

K'Kruhk is the same, only worse. His stats and abilities are all utterly boring aside from that 30 damage. I know from experience that Avoid Defeat isn't as good as you might otherwise think. And he does absolutely nothing to help his faction.
Darth_Decronus
Posted: Friday, June 19, 2009 6:17:18 PM

ok I see where you're coming from with Vodo. And I would most likely agree with the Ventress, Maul comparison if they were in the same faction. But they arent so they never have to be chosen between
Tirade
Posted: Friday, June 19, 2009 6:55:05 PM

Darth_Decronus wrote:
ok I see where you're coming from with Vodo. And I would most likely agree with the Ventress, Maul comparison if they were in the same faction. But they arent so they never have to be chosen between

There is still going to be a comparison. Like it or not, pieces will be compared across factions based on cost. If it's not Maul, then it's Darth Talon. She seems inadequate when compared to Asajj as well. On a related note, a piece like Lucien Draay feels overcosted when stacked up against Kol Skywalker. No matter the faction, you'll find a comparison worth making. This especially happens if a piece doesn't stack up to a similarly costed piece from another faction.
Volvagia14
Posted: Saturday, June 20, 2009 1:43:33 AM

It's not that Master K'kruhk is bad, it's just that at his cost he should be better. At 52 points he isn't worth putting in when there are other pieces you could get multiples of that are better. What I'm saying is, he would be better if he didn't cost as much as he does, or if he brought more to the table. But I feel he is outdated, even though he isn't even out yet.

at least his piece is cool :P
awesome
Posted: Saturday, June 20, 2009 7:49:19 AM

Draconarius wrote:
Tirade wrote:
Darth_Decronus wrote:
[quote=Tirade]K'kruhk joins a growing list of disappointing VRs from 40 piece sets (Anakin on STAP, Ahsoka, C-3PO, BH Leia, Vodo, Maul). Rob seems to save the best treatment for the Rs now. That is sad.

ummmmm, if you think about it though, asajj isnt as good as maul, because asajj doesnt get as many CE's from the Seps. but for maul you can give him enough to stomp on her,

really dont compare him to her, they cant even be on the same team, look at Nihilus if you compare maul with him, maul looks good by himself.
sharron
Posted: Saturday, June 20, 2009 10:28:06 AM

ok guys, heres how it works. lol. k'kruhk WILL NOT DIE. he has 150 hp, 22 def, deflect, force heal, and avoid defeat. throw him in with quiggy jedi master, and you have 11 force points, force heal to heal yourself, deflect to protect yourself along with high defense, and avoid defeat. if you play him properly, he WILL NOT DIE. im looking forward to my opponents face when he watches me live forever. its going to be great. as for maul, im in the same boat as awesome. you cant really compare them, as they are different factions, different people, and have different CEs to benefit from. i like the new maul. and he will do some beasting in any game you play with him.
sharron
Posted: Saturday, June 20, 2009 10:30:38 AM

ow... maybe i should look at the character before i write these... 20 def, 4 FPs. sorry. lol.