RegisterDonateLogin

Help me Bloo Milk, you're my only hope.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Are the Clone War Maps not very popular? Options
lifelike
Posted: Saturday, June 6, 2015 11:45:21 PM
Groups: Member

Newbie map question (my first post here):

I see the maps from the Clone Wars map packs (or 5 of the 6 at least) are almost never included in any of the lists for good tournament scenarios I have found for any year or organization. I don't plan to play to compete, but I'm curious about what makes them so disliked for competitive play? They happen to be the only maps I own so far (but not for long).

gholli69
Posted: Sunday, June 7, 2015 2:18:54 AM

They are not on the restricted map list which is why you don't see them listed for tournament play. There are a number of reasons why a particular map may not be on the resticted list, but generally it's because there is an unfair advantage from one side of the map versus starting on the other side. They are fine for casual play though and if I'm remembering correctly I think the Rattatak arena map was on one side of one of those maps, and it is the standard map for the Royal Rumble format of the game that is played at GenCon as a team tournament and also at some regional events "Indiana".
jak
Posted: Sunday, June 7, 2015 6:27:45 AM

I have extra maps, if you're interested,
low prices & free shippingThumpUp
lifelike
Posted: Sunday, June 7, 2015 9:04:00 AM

jak wrote:
I have extra maps, if you're interested,
low prices & free shippingThumpUp

I might be interested in cheap maps, yes, but I am in Sweden so I doubt shipping will be very free. :)

Ordered a bunch of maps already. Shipping is about as expensive as the maps are, so all prices are effectively doubled, and that is best-case if the packages are not caught by the customs office and have another 25 % + fees added on top of that (they also add 25 % of the shipping costs, just to make it hurt even more). Fingers crossed...
jak
Posted: Sunday, June 7, 2015 9:06:16 AM

I'll
let you know what I haveSmile
lifelike
Posted: Tuesday, June 9, 2015 4:58:48 AM

jak wrote:
I'll
let you know what I haveSmile

Thanks! I am trying hard to not buy any more at the moment though. Feel free to send a list and maybe I will (eventually) be tempted to buy something.
Jedicartographer
Posted: Tuesday, June 9, 2015 5:22:23 AM

DONT FORGET TO CHECK OUT FPMMAPS.COM

I've got a whole bunch of Star Wars maps!!!
lifelike
Posted: Tuesday, June 9, 2015 5:55:59 AM

Jedicartographer wrote:

DONT FORGET TO CHECK OUT FPMMAPS.COM

I've got a whole bunch of Star Wars maps!!!

I ordered a bunch of Armored Cartographer maps this weekend. Are you involved in doing them? I got terribly confused by all similar-sounding names on the people making/publishing maps, trying to sort out what to get. :)
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, June 9, 2015 6:48:04 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

He's the primary artist for Armored Cartographer maps. Another user had the screenname ArmoredGear7, and he was the other artist. Hence the name Armored Cartographer. Jedicartographer has made the majority of their maps.

As far as the clone wars maps (and any other map not on the restricted list), the most common reason why maps aren't on the restricted list is that they are too wide open - so there's a strong advantage to shooters over melee pieces.
General_Grievous
Posted: Saturday, September 19, 2015 10:57:55 AM

Agreed Rattak arena is fun for multiplayer brawls though the rules for royal rumble escape me at the moment. I do really like the maps for huge play, but the downside is stupid strafers tend to dominate those maps. It's too bad because the artwork is spot on. Definitely check out Jedi Cartographers maps as his latest map pack is easily the greatest collection of all time for art and competitive gameplay