RegisterDonateLogin

More protein than a Gimer Stick.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

The new GOWK: Grand Master Yoda Options
twinjedi
Posted: Saturday, June 20, 2009 4:17:36 PM
Groups: Member

IMO, I believe that GMY is the new GOWK, since GOWK might get band. Yoda is freakin' awesome, and hes the same cost as GOWK, but WAY better.Woot

I played a battle with my friend Darth Davis,btw he is a pertty good guy,some of u should trade with him,anyway I was using GMY and him GOWK. I won,with Yoda at 110 hit points,and killed GOWK in 5 roundsBigGrinFlapperLOLLaughThumbsUp Woot.

GMY is a very good piece at 55, and can help out your squad. BTW, he missed about 70% of his Soresu'sLOL.
Darth_Decronus
Posted: Saturday, June 20, 2009 6:19:53 PM

you may be on to something. but I think this will only be true if GenObi gets banned and your friend gets a better diceFlapper
seibermaki
Posted: Saturday, June 20, 2009 7:25:21 PM

Honestly, Obi-Wan should never be better than Yoda. ;)
awesome
Posted: Sunday, June 21, 2009 2:38:09 AM

Its true, I saw it happen, but I dont think he played it right, because he used like 2 FP's for moveing closer,

but I still think Yoda would have dominated, and Yoda in a squad isnt as hard to kill, because of that stupid sorasu style, with 2 mettles, that really sucks
chernan83
Posted: Sunday, June 21, 2009 3:55:04 AM

seibermaki wrote:
Honestly, Obi-Wan should never be better than Yoda. ;)

I agree 100%

Yoda was the man.

Kenobi was great, but Yoda was better.

Size mattered not.
defender390
Posted: Sunday, June 21, 2009 6:29:28 AM

Kenobi should be better than Yoda. Yoda was never the quintessential Jedi everyone depicts him as. It was Yoda's own lack of foresight that caused the failure of the Jedi Order. He could not realize the errors of his ways because of his own arrogance and self-rightousness. This was the exact reason why Qui-Gon was passed up for service on the council. He did not follow the council's way of thinking, so they never promoted him. Their choices were based on political opinion, not ability. Is that the Jedi way? His Jedi Order also never questioned the existence of the clone army. With the dark side clouding everything, should they have not questioned everything that was out of the ordinary? I think an army two million strong supposedly ordered by a Jedi ten years ago is out of the ordinary. It seems that even with such a dark side presence in the galaxy, Yoda's Order still maintained the arrogance that they were always right and that resulted in their downfall. Yoda was essentially a great teacher that was strong in the Force, but he left much to be desired as a leader. His strength in the Force compensated for his weaknesses in other areas, the perfect example being his use of Ataru. Kenobi on the other hand, was proficient in all areas. This was also pointed out by Anakin, since he mentioned that Kenobi was as strong as Master Windu and as wise as Master Yoda. His many military victories in the Clone Wars speak for themselves. By the time of A New Hope, Kenobi became so powerful that he was almost omniscient despite the cloud of the dark side.
awesome
Posted: Sunday, June 21, 2009 6:32:49 AM

defender390 wrote:
Kenobi should be better than Yoda. Yoda was never the quintessential Jedi everyone depicts him as. It was Yoda's own lack of foresight that caused the failure of the Jedi Order. He could not realize the errors of his ways because of his own arrogance and self-rightousness. This was the exact reason why Qui-Gon was passed up for service on the council. He did not follow the council's way of thinking, so they never promoted him. Their choices were based on political opinion, not ability. Is that the Jedi way? His Jedi Order also never questioned the existence of the clone army. With the dark side clouding everything, should they have not questioned everything that was out of the ordinary? I think an army two million strong supposedly ordered by a Jedi ten years ago is out of the ordinary. It seems that even with such a dark side presence in the galaxy, Yoda's Order still maintained the arrogance that they were always right and that resulted in their downfall. Yoda was essentially a great teacher that was strong in the Force, but he left much to be desired as a leader. His strength in the Force compensated for his weaknesses in other areas, the perfect example being his use of Ataru. Kenobi on the other hand, was proficient in all areas. This was also pointed out by Anakin, since he mentioned that Kenobi was as strong as Master Windu and as wise as Master Yoda. His many military victories in the Clone Wars speak for themselves. By the time of A New Hope, Kenobi became so powerful that he was almost omniscient despite the cloud of the dark side.

Ummmmm, if you remember but Yoda is always better than Obi, in episode 3, Yoda said that Obi could not fight the emperor instead of Vader because obi was not rady like Yoda was, so Yoda is better than Obi,

and besides who really cares?
awesome
Posted: Sunday, June 21, 2009 6:35:57 AM

OH, and a nother really cool thing, Kota got very close to killing GOWK, 1 on 1, he got GOWK down to 10 before dieing, it really depended on init, because GOWK was out of force and it was really funny, he spent a ton of FP's trieing to stop himself from getting activated by Repulse.
defender390
Posted: Sunday, June 21, 2009 6:44:24 AM

awesome wrote:
Ummmmm, if you remember but Yoda is always better than Obi, in episode 3, Yoda said that Obi could not fight the emperor instead of Vader because obi was not rady like Yoda was, so Yoda is better than Obi,

In a tactical sense, yes, you could say Yoda is more powerful in a one-on-one battle. However, in a strategical and large scale tactical sense, Kenobi is much more adept. Also, how do we know this not Yoda's own arrogance again?

No, it does not really matter. I just never understood why people always love the prequel Yoda.

By the way, that is pretty funny about Kota repulsing Kenobi. Kota is definitely a favorite, but I have not had much luck pulling him. It is too bad he does not help Antarian Rangers.
awesome
Posted: Monday, June 22, 2009 8:39:31 AM

Yeah, he is good, but with the right stuff, If you plan only to repulse, youd be wasting your time with him, the best way to do it is with a rebel troop transport,

but 1 on 1 with Obi, it was very funny.
mercenary_moose
Posted: Monday, June 22, 2009 9:29:49 AM

defender390 wrote:
awesome wrote:

In a tactical sense, yes, you could say Yoda is more powerful in a one-on-one battle. However, in a strategical and large scale tactical sense, Kenobi is much more adept.

Amen. I have a friend who keeps whining to me about how Yoda is so much better than GOWK, and he just ignores me when I say that with SSM, Mettle, and tons of boosted support, a good GOWK squad could take a GMY squad any day and win.
Eroschilles
Posted: Monday, June 22, 2009 10:29:30 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Maybe. I think a good GOWK squad would have trouble against a good GMY squad. Throw 3 in conjuction with ASM is really good. Tow GMY into the right position and Rex is dead from ASM and Twin.
ArtemisCFrog43
Posted: Wednesday, June 24, 2009 1:36:37 AM

I was thinking about this last night...

Grand Master Yoda is pretty good + he is a decent replacement for GOWK if/when he is banned + he is Rare + he is unique = Yobuck will be played much less if at all Confused

Why not just replace GOWKs card with one that is more unbannable? Instead we now have to chose between two Yodas that are pretty good and will be lacking a sweet Obi-Wan. Looks like I'll have to break out my General Kenobi again (I love his CE anyway)
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Wednesday, June 24, 2009 3:20:41 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I would errata GOWK to be at least 75pts. This would limit a lot of the support he could bring in. He himself would be no less powerful, but the squad on the whole would be.

Good point Froggie. I like Yobuck too much not to play him. ThumpUp
mercenary_moose
Posted: Wednesday, June 24, 2009 3:39:30 AM

Artemis: Your math is good, but I don't think that YoBuck will go away anytime soon. You are expecting to swap in GMY and go on a 26-square strafing run with him that kills all fodder in your reach?
ArtemisCFrog43
Posted: Wednesday, June 24, 2009 5:51:16 AM

I know Yobuck and GMY are different types of characters and that some people are going to choose either one for the type of squad they want to run, but I'm a little iffy about the fact that they have pretty much made it so you have to choose between GMYoda to get a stat boost or Yobuck for a fodder killer.

I really do wish they had just made changes to GOWK. I don't really like the idea of keeping the same mini and jacking up the cost. I'd rather remove mettle or MOTF2 from his card and keep him the same. There has better be a good Obi-Wan coming in the next set to replace GOWK if they are going to ban him.
billiv15
Posted: Wednesday, June 24, 2009 6:15:56 AM

I'd like to point out that Panaka swap CE requires a medium base. I am fairly certain Yoda is a small this time. So odds are, no swapping GMY.
AdmiralAckbar
Posted: Wednesday, June 24, 2009 6:33:34 AM

That is a very good point bill. That will take out alot of options for GMY and swapping squads.
Draconarius
Posted: Wednesday, June 24, 2009 2:57:16 PM

AdmiralAckbar wrote:
That is a very good point bill. That will take out alot of options for GMY and swapping squads.

Hey, at least the Uggies can do something other than just blow the doors now. Laugh
awesome
Posted: Wednesday, June 24, 2009 3:33:19 PM

Draconarius wrote:
AdmiralAckbar wrote:

Hey, at least the Uggies can do something other than just blow the doors now. Laugh

nope, panaka's ce says 2 medium based characters so uggies or yoda dont count.