28 Zenoc Quah
27 Jakan, Most High Priest
19 Yomin Carr
17 Domain Lah Subaltern
15 Yammosk War Coordinator
13 Yun-Ne'Shel Priest
40 Domain Lah Warrior x4

(498pts. 16 activations)

Don't remember if we played 3 or 4 games. Two games vs. Boba Fett. One was Mando one was NR.
Narrow win vs. the Mando Boba, the NR Boba was Jack. He was ready to throw in his hand, but stayed so as not to make them rework the pairings. Now, Jack and I practiced vs. each other a lot, and I always managed to beat him. Before GenCon I saw a good addition to his squad, and was not so sure I'd win this time. Short story -
Jack = bad die rolls and one major misplacement.
Joe = good/great die rolls.

Last game vs. Urbanjedi (Jason) he ran something like this:

144 The Phantom Menace
71 Darth Vader, Legacy of the Force
41 Atris
32 Thrawn (Mitth'raw'nuruodo)
23 Imperial Governor
132 Echani Handmaiden x6
21 General Veers
15 Jabba, Crime Lord
8 Bothan Saboteur
8 Mas Amedda
5 Imperial Dignitary

(500pts. 16 activations)
The important part is SIX! Handmaidens at +15/30 and EIGHT! attacks. Scary. I've played Jacks version of this and gotten creamed, so this looks to be baaad news. Jason's map (Jabba's Palace) but it's open and thus good for both of us.I set up on the big room side. He has a hard time setting up. (leery of little the Lahs speed?) For some reason all the Vong synergy's and CE's really clicked in my head this game. Managed to open a door with Commander Sha'kel, use his CE to move a Lah Warrior and attack Jason's Bothan Saboteur, used the Domain Lah Subaltern's CE to move backward one space, reconsidered; moved forward one space instead, activate the warrior run 16 kill a maiden, use same CE to Rolling cleave another Maiden. Jason was not happy. He had to kill that puppy or I'd swap in and damage his Epic or Vader. When he killed it I used Jaken's CE to move another Lah Warrior up, ready for a run, killing another Maid (or two?) At this point it was downhill for him, too many followers for him to deal with (evade, +4 save) His Epic went soon after. (Shedao Shai did him, I think).

urbanjedi
Posted: Friday, August 14, 2015 9:33:34 PM
Groups: Member

Yeah, the game versus Joe was a rough game for me. He trounced me and used his synergy to pound on me and the fact that he was able to take swap as well was just icing on the cake for him. It didn't help that I gave him ample places to use his rolling cleave although in all reality that didn't matter. His squad was just plain better.

Bryan won the 100 with
Palps on Throne
Nightsister Sith Witch
Dash
Jag
4x Ugos.

I had this squad along hoping somehow that I would be able to play until I realized it was the EXACT same time as Minis Madness. Bryan was wandering around looking for a squad and I lent him this one. Not sure how the games went, but he handed it back a bit later saying he had won the 100. All WOTC pieces, none newer than IE.
General_Grievous
Posted: Friday, August 14, 2015 11:29:10 PM

Nice sounds like some sweet games! What are the epic rules though? I thought there was a commander effect limit? Is it just 500 points and 16 activations? Or anything not in play like disruptive?
countrydude82487
Posted: Saturday, August 15, 2015 4:30:21 AM

General_Grievous wrote:
Nice sounds like some sweet games! What are the epic rules though? I thought there was a commander effect limit? Is it just 500 points and 16 activations? Or anything not in play like disruptive?

There has not been a commander effect limit for the epic tourny at gen con for the last 2 years. They do not allow activation control, of any kind, and there is a hard 16 activation limit (Including Reserves and Reinforcements). Other than that the only Non-standard Requirement is 1 Epic piece (no more, No less)
General_Grievous
Posted: Saturday, August 15, 2015 6:02:52 AM

countrydude82487 wrote:
General_Grievous wrote:

There has not been a commander effect limit for the epic tourny at gen con for the last 2 years. They do not allow activation control, of any kind, and there is a hard 16 activation limit (Including Reserves and Reinforcements). Other than that the only Non-standard Requirement is 1 Epic piece (no more, No less)

Aw too bad about the activation limit haha, there goes my dream reserves team
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, August 19, 2015 10:57:58 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

DarthMaim wrote:
Any chance we could get some play reports from "Juice Man for 500 Epic Tourney" and "Lou from the 200 Mystery" and from whoever won the "100 pt championship"? Or maybe just a little of the details of these tourneys? ie; # of participants, winning squad factions and list what minis they had on their winning teams? Thanks :)

--Dance of Death Tile Wars: Ommin--
54 Darth Caedus, Sith Lord
35 Ommin, Sith Sorceror
31 Barriss Offee, Rogue Jedi
30 Vergere
17 Marka Ragnos, Dark Force Spirit
14 Exar Kun, Dark Force Spirit
11 Freedon Nadd, Dark Force Spirit
11 Watto

(203pts. 8 activations)

This was my Tile Wars squad. It's very similar to my squad from the championships... minus the Juggernaut and Squib. Add Ommin, Watto, and a 3rd Force Spirit. I used a tile from the Surveillance Station pack. It is from the water side (some tiles are space and some are water), and it just has a huge pit in the center. Basically an open door to the ocean below. Got 2nd place in Tile Wars. The tanks took so long to kill that Jak and I got a double-loss in the final match. Before than, he had two 3-pt wins and I had a 2 and a 3. The other 4 players all beat up on each other so all four wound up 1-2. So Jak won it with 6 pts and I was 2nd with 5 pts. Other four were DarthJawa/countrydude, TimmerB, Alek, and I believe the 6th was juice_man.

(Incidentally, Jak ended up winning our match, too. We played it out even though it was a double loss for taking too long.)