RegisterDonateLogin

Yes, yes. To Bloo Milk you listen.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Bloomilk Championship 2009 Options
swmimperial130
Posted: Sunday, August 16, 2009 7:59:24 AM
Groups: Member

mercenary_moose wrote:
Sad; I live in Idaho. So close, and yet so far away...

You think you're far away? Who (besides me, critcounter, and DurgeDude) are farther away from Oregon to Springffield, Illinois?????
swinefeld
Posted: Sunday, August 16, 2009 8:17:25 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

swmimperial130 wrote:
mercenary_moose wrote:

You think you're far away? Who (besides me, critcounter, and DurgeDude) are farther away from Oregon to Springffield, Illinois?????

Aye. By about 3 hours Wink
amsnow
Posted: Sunday, August 16, 2009 8:27:27 AM

should be good to meet the out of towners, hopefully some people i have traded with BlooMilk
swinefeld
Posted: Sunday, August 16, 2009 8:36:09 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I dream of the day when I can take trips to play minis in faraway places BigGrin

Couldn't go to GenCon because of work, and Indy is only a 4-hour drive Angry
Omnus
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2009 4:00:32 AM

mercenary_moose wrote:

Hey, I grew up in Idaho right next to the snake river on the border to WA. What part are you from?
mercenary_moose
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2009 4:58:22 AM

I am living in the Treasure Valley. What city are you from?
Omnus
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2009 6:11:06 AM

I grew up in Lewiston, ID and Clarkston WA. Pretty small for the most part. I moved to the seattle area in 2001.

Even from northern ID it can be 5-6 hours easy to get to Seattle. We would be happy to have anyone from anywhere but I know some just can't make it.

We are already really excited from all the positive responses. The initial estimates were 30-40 and now its looking like we may break 50 players. I am personally really looking forward to meeting more players from other areas that are able to make it to us.
seibermaki
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2009 9:14:30 AM

Not many people from California here eh?
Omnus
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2009 11:42:03 AM

We are looking at atleast a few from Cali, few from oregon and a few from canada coming aswell as 30+ players from all over WA. Anyone and everyone is welcome. No cap for the amount of players and the more people we get the more prizes we will be handing out. Already looking like I may be giving out something like 4 cases of boosters worth of prizes in addition to the 15 promos.

But we will see how it ends up, no matter how many people show we will have fun. Regionals was 38 without the spokane group, oregon or cali's support, so we should blow that out of the water. We have probably gained 10 players in the area in the past few weeks.

This event is completely player generated. Shinja, Uncle's Games and I wanted to start something fun for the SWM players. So just come out have some fun and meet some people. The first Annual Bloomilk Championship will be an event to remember I promise you : )
mercenary_moose
Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 4:37:38 AM

Omnus wrote:
I grew up in Lewiston, ID and Clarkston WA. Pretty small for the most part. I moved to the seattle area in 2001.

Even from northern ID it can be 5-6 hours easy to get to Seattle. We would be happy to have anyone from anywhere but I know some just can't make it.

We are already really excited from all the positive responses. The initial estimates were 30-40 and now its looking like we may break 50 players. I am personally really looking forward to meeting more players from other areas that are able to make it to us.

I don't go up north much, but I have really liked Lewiston the few times I have been up there. That would be a fine place to grow up.

Anyway, to all that can actually go there, best of luck to you. I don't need to tell you to have fun; it sounds like it will be a heck of a time.
Azavander
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2009 4:42:53 PM

On the Wizards site I was testing the calendar feature, I added this event just for fun, I will be happy to delete so you can put up an official one. But it is usefully in the fact people can say if they are attending or not.

http://community.wizards.com/azavander/blog/view_event.one?ceid=18151255&pref_tab=calendar

the formatting did not copy over when copy and pasting.
MAINEiac
Posted: Tuesday, September 8, 2009 1:25:57 PM

azavander's link says the tourney is the 9th AND the 10th. I thought it was the 10th only. I am coming from far away, so I wanted to be sure.
Also, it says prizes will be for the top 15. Is there going to be any type of promo for everyone that plays? Just curious, as my goal will to meet people and Possibly win one game.
thanks,
MAINEiac
p.s. anyone care if I run 11 kel dor bounty hunters and some 7 pt figure?! I just may do that.
swmimperial130
Posted: Tuesday, September 8, 2009 1:29:07 PM

MAINEiac wrote:
azavander's link says the tourney is the 9th AND the 10th. I thought it was the 10th only. I am coming from far away, so I wanted to be sure.
Also, it says prizes will be for the top 15. Is there going to be any type of promo for everyone that plays? Just curious, as my goal will to meet people and Possibly win one game.
thanks,
MAINEiac
p.s. anyone care if I run 11 kel dor bounty hunters and some 7 pt figure?! I just may do that.

That is NOT allowed!!!(cause you'd dominate.....)
MAINEiac
Posted: Tuesday, September 8, 2009 1:32:39 PM

yeah, fear me :)
seriously though, is it both days or just the 10th?
thanks
MAINEiac
Omnus
Posted: Tuesday, September 8, 2009 1:37:40 PM

THevent is only the 10th. But there will likely always be people around for some games. I have 15 promos mini that go to the top 15. There will be something like 3-4 cases of minis from the store that will be spread out among as many players as I can justify. We might get some additional prize support from wizards which would mean even mroe stuff to give away.
swmimperial130
Posted: Tuesday, September 8, 2009 1:41:53 PM

If you can get a discount for my dad to fly with me here for $1000 then the cost for us to come would be around $367
Azavander
Posted: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 3:36:39 AM

Hey sorry when I built the calendar note (which I have deleted) I originally built it for myself and I am driving up Friday so that is why it was 2 days sorry for the confusion I may have caused.
Grief
Posted: Wednesday, September 16, 2009 1:18:06 AM

MAINEiac - Just use 10 Kel-Dors and Moff Nina, It's a squad I bring to annoy all the cannons sometimes.
seibermaki
Posted: Wednesday, September 16, 2009 6:19:40 PM

Grief wrote:
MAINEiac - Just use 10 Kel-Dors and Moff Nina, It's a squad I bring to annoy all the cannons sometimes.

Yes, do it! heheh.
MAINEiac
Posted: Thursday, September 17, 2009 5:35:24 PM

does nina give them super stealth?
--- I just may do that.. I am not going to be that competitive anyway ;)
MAINEiac