RegisterDonateLogin

Statement: HK-47 believes Bloo Milk may allow meatbags to compete on his level.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Ohio Regional 2016 Options
Caedus
Posted: Monday, August 31, 2015 11:16:03 AM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/20/2015
Posts: 912
Folks, I would like to Hold/Host an SWM regional weekend in my area next year. I have a centralized location for Ohio, Indiana, and Michigan Players. I would also like to extend the encouragement invite to our Chicago and PA folks as I am a day tripper away. Being out of the game for a while, I will need some help with rules and judging and prizes and such. Grand prize would most likely be a Gen Con badge as that seems to be the running flavor. I have access to a couple of venues. I will PM a few of you that I met through the Indiana regional for some help and support.

I would like this Event to be on or around May 21st/22nd of 2016. I think with my location NW Ohio, Defiance to be exact, it has the opportunity to attract a good number of players. Please, EVERYONE is invited and I would really like some feedback, questions, or concerns.

Thanks
jak
Posted: Tuesday, September 1, 2015 5:29:17 AM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 10/17/2010
Posts: 3,559
Location: Beggers Canyon Tatooine
if you've been to a few regionals before, then just imitate a similar tournament.
you'll need quite a few attendee to support a GenCon prize, that was done alot before the game ceased production.
I ran the last few Ohio regionals, and had poor attendance, less than 10, so I stopped.
drop me a line if you have questions
Caedus
Posted: Tuesday, September 1, 2015 6:00:59 AM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/20/2015
Posts: 912
jak wrote:
if you've been to a few regionals before, then just imitate a similar tournament.
you'll need quite a few attendee to support a GenCon prize, that was done alot before the game ceased production.
I ran the last few Ohio regionals, and had poor attendance, less than 10, so I stopped.
drop me a line if you have questions


My first question is, Would you attend and if so, would others in your area? I have 3 in my area that would and I'm really close to the IN and MI players too.
juice man
Posted: Tuesday, September 1, 2015 6:06:06 AM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 1/5/2009
Posts: 2,241
Location: Akron Ohio, just south of dantooine.
That's less than 3 hours. That's a day trip! (and if we want we can run up to Archbold for some ornament shopping)
Caedus
Posted: Tuesday, September 1, 2015 6:16:54 AM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/20/2015
Posts: 912
juice man wrote:
That's less than 3 hours. That's a day trip! (and if we want we can run up to Archbold for some ornament shopping)


Nice.
jak
Posted: Tuesday, September 1, 2015 7:34:45 AM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 10/17/2010
Posts: 3,559
Location: Beggers Canyon Tatooine
Caedus wrote:
juice man wrote:
That's less than 3 hours. That's a day trip! (and if we want we can run up to Archbold for some ornament shopping)


Nice.


we have only 4 in our play group, 2 of which, have NEVER traveled to play.
last OH reg. had 7 people,Crying 4 from out of stateOMG

also, it is SWM tradition to provide a place to crash for long distance travelers.
jak
Posted: Tuesday, September 1, 2015 7:35:56 AM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 10/17/2010
Posts: 3,559
Location: Beggers Canyon Tatooine
juice man wrote:
we can run up to Archbold for some ornament shopping)


is Beth joining us, or you just that much of a 'mo?Laugh
TimmerB123
Posted: Tuesday, September 1, 2015 10:09:21 AM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 7/9/2008
Posts: 3,316
Location: Chicago
I'd try and make it. Perhaps I could talk in a few others from Chicago
countrydude82487
Posted: Tuesday, September 1, 2015 10:21:46 AM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 12/26/2008
Posts: 1,233
I would try to make it as well. We live in Central Indiana.
juice man
Posted: Tuesday, September 1, 2015 11:11:20 AM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 1/5/2009
Posts: 2,241
Location: Akron Ohio, just south of dantooine.
jak wrote:
juice man wrote:
we can run up to Archbold for some ornament shopping)


is Beth joining us, or you just that much of a 'mo?Laugh
Hey!Blushing The Candy Cane Christmas Shop is a neat little ornament shop. (it's no Bronner's, but it has some things they don't)ThumbsUp
jak
Posted: Tuesday, September 1, 2015 11:47:30 AM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 10/17/2010
Posts: 3,559
Location: Beggers Canyon Tatooine
juice man wrote:
jak wrote:
juice man wrote:
we can run up to Archbold for some ornament shopping)


is Beth joining us, or you just that much of a 'mo?Laugh
Hey!Blushing The Candy Cane Christmas Shop is a neat little ornament shop. (it's no Bronner's, but it has some things they don't)ThumbsUp

so then......the answer is YES, I'm that much of a 'MOLaugh
jak
Posted: Tuesday, September 1, 2015 2:27:17 PM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 10/17/2010
Posts: 3,559
Location: Beggers Canyon Tatooine
wait!Woot I take it all back if those places sell cool STAR WARS stuff
Caedus
Posted: Tuesday, September 1, 2015 9:18:37 PM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/20/2015
Posts: 912
jak wrote:
wait!Woot I take it all back if those places sell cool STAR WARS stuff


By then EVERYONE will be selling starwars stuff from the movie this year.
Darth_Jim
Posted: Wednesday, September 2, 2015 2:44:16 AM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/23/2008
Posts: 770
Location: Central Pa
I've been married 32 years. If I played on our anniversary I'm afraid that streak would end.
Caedus
Posted: Wednesday, September 2, 2015 5:33:36 PM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/20/2015
Posts: 912
Darth_Jim wrote:
I've been married 32 years. If I played on our anniversary I'm afraid that streak would end.


Everything is still tentative. Lol
den25
Posted: Monday, September 7, 2015 10:36:29 AM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 7/29/2011
Posts: 270
Quote:
we have only 4 in our play group, 2 of which, have NEVER traveled to play.


Actually Jak, Editor travels 2 hours (one way) to be part of our play group every month.

That being said. I'd be willing to travel to Defiance to play, I love that town! Especially if it's in May. That month works well for me!

I will vouch for Jak on trying to get people to show for an Ohio tourney. I beat the bushes trying to get people to show up, and we still only had 7 show, it was very frustrating.
jak
Posted: Tuesday, September 8, 2015 7:09:51 AM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 10/17/2010
Posts: 3,559
Location: Beggers Canyon Tatooine
yea, Den, what I meant was no travel to tournaments, out of state.
like a long weekend to NY, or VA.
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

Bloo Milk Theme Created by shinja
Powered by Yet Another Forum.net.
Copyright © 2003-2006 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.