RegisterDonateLogin

Is what Obi-Wan offered Dr. Evazan.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

The "Great Stories" Thread Options
ewokballs88
Posted: Sunday, June 21, 2009 7:00:09 PM
Groups: Member

This squad is dedicated to all those moments that make you want to jump for joy or kick yourself in the face. Open to all great minis stories, good or bad. Heres a couple that I have experienced.

Good
Note before this game i had no chance and we were laughing at how ugly it was goin to be.
I just started playing minis and im playing my bro who has bane and jango bh. Mind you i have very few minis at this point. Hard to recall but my team was agen kolar, calo nord, and the original mace windu, with a gotal fringer. We were playing 200 points and the first round i move out my gotal fringer 12 squares into line of sight of his bane as the last activation. Next round i roll a 20 for init. and a 20 to disintigrate Bane. Best moment of my life. I go on to barely win.

Bad
I actually witnessed this one happen. Anyways my cousins were playin each other and one of them had a nom bomb team with all of them clumped up. Guess he didnt really think about it backfiring. He got shot once and all the nom bombs had a chain reaction killing his whole team but his warmaster who had 40 hp left. The game was over.

sharron
Posted: Sunday, June 21, 2009 8:14:41 PM

ok, this one was EPIC. i was playing my first game with kyp, and hes ghosted, and hes right in the middle of ruined base. bane and ulic have just been pushed for 50 because i won init. now its their turn. ulic runs up and attacks my shado vao (who is right next to my kyp) and misses. (obviously because shado is a wall.) then bane runs up, and tries to attack my kyp, who is on 50 hp. (i dont remember how.) bane does what he does, and hes about to attack for 50 damage twice. so he attacks kyp, and rolls a 1. it was awesome!!! my mate was glowering!! and i was cracking up. so he attacks kyp again, and HE ROLLS ANOTHER 1!!! it was eeeepic!!!! mintest game ever!!! i went on to win with kyp not being hurt again. it was greatest.
swmimperial130
Posted: Monday, June 22, 2009 4:36:51 AM

Because of this, I won a tournament and got Obi, Padawan.
It was the first match, I was facing DurgeDude who used Sion, SHAD, 2 Elite Sith Troopers, Dark Jedi Master, 2 Uggie Techs and Sid-O-gram. I was using a swarm squad, which on the first round I used Cesta 20 on the SHAD, which had 2 Uggie techs behind it, he missed the saves for all people (did one save for shields, though) so the uggies died. then it was his turn, and used the SHAD to twin two people in front of my shieldbearer, which deflected all the shots back at it. and did 20 damage because the saves for shields. I kept shooting with all of my shooters and doing cestas until it was dead (and sion was about 18 squares away from everyone). I took most of my meleers (Ewok scout, 2 T1s) and a Kel dor to kill him. The DJM lightninged the kel dor and ewok. the kel dor exploded after bane came and killed him (had 11 FP if he died) Then I used a bunch of people to shoot at him and he got down to 40 Health. Then the Sith Troopers (hiding so they don't get shot) are moving the way sion did, down the closed part of damaged Christophis map. Initiative. I get a 17, and DurgeDude gets a 13. I use the T1 and Kill sion (now 10 force points after he uses eternal hatred). He rolls a 4 for Eternal Hatred and Sion is truely dead with 10 FP. I go to kill the rest of his squad.Woot Woot Woot Woot Woot Woot Woot Woot Woot Woot Woot Woot Woot Woot Woot Woot Woot Woot Woot Woot Woot Woot Woot Woot Woot Woot Woot Woot Woot Woot
ewokballs88
Posted: Monday, June 22, 2009 5:20:55 AM

haha great stories.
I got another epic game. I was playing my shado,mara,han, and wedge team (200pts) against my bro's gowk team with maris,aurra,r2, and some other fillers including some kel dor. Anyways the game starts off and we end up both hiding behind two doors on the opposite side of a hallway (i was adjacent to my wall he was not) at the end of the round. I win init. and start the round with an uggie blowin a door then mara runnin through and assaultin maris(this was before the first activation rule was made). BOOM marris is dead and mara seems to stay alive with 60 hp left. Next round i win init. again and boom aurra is dead. Anyways for the rest of the game im tryin to kill obi-wan with no auto damage and he wipes my whole team! He has a trillion fp saved up and R2 is towin his @$$ around. So it comes down to shado and obi-wan. We each have 30 hp left. We roll init and he wins he double attacks and i have 2 fp left, he hits and i riposte and miss, he hits and the game comes down to this, i block and roll a 11!. I go to double him and he has 1fp. I hit, he rolls ssm and saves. I hit he rolls ssm and fails, once again comes down to this he roll his last fp and boom a 6. GAME OVER!!!
kezzamachine
Posted: Monday, June 22, 2009 9:43:44 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Good-o.

(Darth) Sharron's Yuuzhan Vong squad could not be beat. He was mowing everyone on his favourite map - the Ravaged Base - so I devised a cunning plan to sink his battleship. Ran Luke Snowspeed, Han Smuggles, AE Leia, Dengar BH, Doddy and Ootie Dootie (what my 4-year old calls R2) and a Rebel Heavy Trooper (someone had to be non-unique...) and the played out exactly the way I thought and ran him over 150-nil. Sorry, Sharron... the amount of thought I put into that game and how it would run... it was just a pretty thing - but you'd beaten me twice wi' the Monkeyman before that...

Bad-o.

One of my first big games when I first started was against (Darth) Mortuus; Rebel vs. Sith. He ran Exar and others and I had Oobie-Doobie Banoobi Unleashed and others... I still kick myself because two times prior to the game conclusion I had the chance to end it and I took my foot off the throat (Lesson!) - but it came down the last round - Oobi v Exar. Both had 20 HP, I won Init and moved in to Force Push. Game over... except that, Mortuus rightly pointed out I had only 1 Force Point. We were playing 'hand off the piece is the move' so it was deemed that I had wasted my move, he came in and lpped my head off. Game over. I found out a day or so later that the Force Point renews at the Start of the activation... so I actually had 2 which means I would have won it. It's a story of classic newbie craziness but gutted me extremely... mostly because I threw 3 chances to win it! Dang.
Partof1
Posted: Monday, June 22, 2009 10:24:15 AM

I beat a PAX finalist with a push team. I had VAU, YoD, Luke HPU, ERC, RS Leia Senator, 2 Uggs, and a Mouse. He did a Han Scoundrel Cannon with Luke CotF, Han, A&E Leia, RS R2, RS, Threepio, Obi Ghost, Dodonna, and some Uggs.

I played the Teth courtyard map, from the Ani pack, with the downed walker. We both ran our big Jedi out, him Luke, And me VAU, with Yoda following a bit behind. Vau pushed Luke out into the big hallway from the pillars, then Luke HPU pushed again. I won init, Luke pushed, and his Luke died.

Later, We had our people in melee, Yoda fending Han and Leia off with Stuns and Alters, VAU dead, and Luke taking potshots. I based his Han with my two Uggs, and attacked with each, missing. He moved away, took the AOO's, and both of them critted! Han's at half health, Leia's been hit by something, I believe. My Luke, Leia and Yoda are fine.

I go on to eventually build up FP's and Oush Han, and then shoot his Leia. I was proud of that, but I wish I had fit in Dodonna.
sharron
Posted: Monday, June 22, 2009 4:04:48 PM

kezzamachine wrote:
Good-o.

(Darth) Sharron's Yuuzhan Vong squad could not be beat. He was mowing everyone on his favourite map - the Ravaged Base - so I devised a cunning plan to sink his battleship. Ran Luke Snowspeed, Han Smuggles, AE Leia, Dengar BH, Doddy and Ootie Dootie (what my 4-year old calls R2) and a Rebel Heavy Trooper (someone had to be non-unique...) and the played out exactly the way I thought and ran him over 150-nil. Sorry, Sharron... the amount of thought I put into that game and how it would run... it was just a pretty thing - but you'd beaten me twice wi' the Monkeyman before that...

Bad-o.

One of my first big games when I first started was against (Darth) Mortuus; Rebel vs. Sith. He ran Exar and others and I had Oobie-Doobie Banoobi Unleashed and others... I still kick myself because two times prior to the game conclusion I had the chance to end it and I took my foot off the throat (Lesson!) - but it came down the last round - Oobi v Exar. Both had 20 HP, I won Init and moved in to Force Push. Game over... except that, Mortuus rightly pointed out I had only 1 Force Point. We were playing 'hand off the piece is the move' so it was deemed that I had wasted my move, he came in and lpped my head off. Game over. I found out a day or so later that the Force Point renews at the Start of the activation... so I actually had 2 which means I would have won it. It's a story of classic newbie craziness but gutted me extremely... mostly because I threw 3 chances to win it! Dang.

lol! i was shattered after that game Kez. i honestly went home thinking "why didnt i kill your r2, or just go all out crazy monkeyman style?" stupid r2. couldnt even hit him once. i think i could have, and i rolled a 1. worst game of my life. SS squad coming your way next lol.
kezzamachine
Posted: Monday, June 22, 2009 4:24:33 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Thanks for the heads up! *grin*
IG-108
Posted: Wednesday, June 24, 2009 2:22:08 AM

Here's a game where one die roll would have changed everything.
I was playing a 150 tournament with GGDAC, San Hill, BDO, 2 uggie demos, and 4 IG-86s. My opponent was playing Lord Vader, Mithrawn, Mas, Imp dignitary, Raxus Prime Trooper, 1 uggie demo, and Ozzel. And we were playing on my opponent's map, the throne room. I kept GGDAC, San, and the BDO in the back while moving my uggies and 86s up. I managed to kill the Raxus Prime Trooper and the dignitary rather easily. Then he moved his uggie up next to two of my 86s, and used mithrawn's swapping to switch the uggie for Lord Vader. Vader lightsaber assaulted and sith raged my 86s. He killed one, hit the second for 30 damage, and then rolled a 1. That roll decided the whole game because now I was able to shoot Vader 6 times before Thrawn was able to swap him back. I ended up going after several other pieces, and he had Vader go around and after GGDAC and his buddies in the back. I lost GGDAC, but San and the BDO got away. Even though GGDAC was dead, my opponent had lost all his other pieces, and Vader only had 30 hit points left. He still tried to come up and kill my droids anyway, so I shot him with one 86 combining fire with the BDO, and that was it for Vader. That also put me at my first tournament win ever at 3-0. It was a smaller turnout than we usually have, hence the few rounds.
awesome
Posted: Wednesday, June 24, 2009 2:40:01 AM

GOOD,

this is probably my favorite story I have, I was using a Young Krayt dragon with Exar Kun, and he had vader(ie) and boba bh, anyways, I run my dragon up to vader and the dragon crits for 100 damage on vader, it was very funny, and than ran my swoop bike down to were his commanders were and got exar to them and killed them both, it was funny seeing mas ameda trying to kill exar.

BAD

last week, I was running general wedge with shado vao and kyle JBM with a TBSV so kyle with greater mobile, anyways,

SHADO GOT KILLEDBY A FREAKING STORMTROOPER!?!, he missed all 3 saves!
mercenary_moose
Posted: Wednesday, June 24, 2009 4:29:20 AM

OK, OK, this story is pretty epic. At the LGS, we were having a sealed-booster Alliance and Empire game. You pulled an A&E pack and then used some of your own pieces to complete the build. This one guy goes, pops his booster, and pulls... an Ewok Hang Glider. Huh Other dude rips open his booster and pulls a Leia. So the game's on. Second player gets his Jango Fett, Bounty Hunter to play in his squad. I don't exactly remember what the first player had, because it was about a year ago, but he threw in his Ewok Hang Glider in, just to make the best out of a bad situation. So, in the game, one of the first things the second player does is put Jango out in an open area to ensure a lot of available targets to shoot. Bad mistake. Jango soon gets eaten alive by enemy shooters, and he's down to 20 HP. At this time, our little friend the Ewok Hang Glider comes in and strafes Jango. I don't remember the exact circumstances of the attack, except that the Hang Glider needed a crit to hit. So, the Hang Glider attacks, and rolls...

A 20. OMG

So yes, that was the dayt that a little Ewok in a trashy glider took out the most fearsome bounty hunter in the galaxy.
awesome
Posted: Wednesday, June 24, 2009 4:33:21 AM

IG-108 wrote:
I was playing a 150 tournament with GGDAC, San Hill, BDO, 2 uggie demos, and 4 IG-86s. My opponent was playing Lord Vader, Mithrawn, Mas, Imp dignitary, Raxus Prime Trooper, 1 uggie demo, and Ozzel. And we were playing on my opponent's map, the throne room. I kept GGDAC, San, and the BDO in the back while moving my uggies and 86s up. I managed to kill the Raxus Prime Trooper and the dignitary rather easily. Then he moved his uggie up next to two of my 86s, and used mithrawn's swapping to switch the uggie for Lord Vader. Vader lightsaber assaulted and sith raged my 86s. He killed one, hit the second for 30 damage, and then rolled a 1. That roll decided the whole game because now I was able to shoot Vader 6 times before Thrawn was able to swap him back. I ended up going after several other pieces, and he had Vader go around and after GGDAC and his buddies in the back. I lost GGDAC, but San and the BDO got away. Even though GGDAC was dead, my opponent had lost all his other pieces, and Vader only had 30 hit points left. He still tried to come up and kill my droids anyway, so I shot him with one 86 combining fire with the BDO, and that was it for Vader. That also put me at my first tournament win ever at 3-0. It was a smaller turnout than we usually have, hence the few rounds.

he couldnt of swaped vader for an uggie, they are not the same base size.
Dr. Destructo
Posted: Wednesday, June 24, 2009 6:16:43 AM

ok, so there I was playing a 150pt NR squad against a Thrawn/Nyna super stealth squad at the train station. The bulk of the battle was uneventful as I was losing soundly, but I managed to eventually fight back to a shootout of epic proportions. On my side was General Wedge at 10hp. For the Empire, Thrawn at full hp. Simply said, Wedge pulls it out after making some 8 Evades and successfully making at least 3 Avoid defeats to take Thrawn down. I think that little shootout took longer than the rest of the game had before it, but it was so worth it.
IG-108
Posted: Wednesday, June 24, 2009 6:20:24 AM

awesome wrote:
IG-108 wrote:

he couldnt of swaped vader for an uggie, they are not the same base size.

You're right. It was something else. I couldn't remember, so I just guessed on what it was. That and I forgot the swap rule. I think it might have been the Raxus trooper, and then I killed it.