RegisterDonateLogin

Is your only hope.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Revamp of the Articles Section Options
Bubba Fett
Posted: Friday, November 13, 2015 4:41:32 PM
Groups: Member

I was just kinda wandering through bloomilk today looking for some stuff to use in teaching the game to a friend when i noticed that the we still have the Articles section in the menu bar below the title. So I decided to click on it cause it'd been a while since I gone there and I noticed that it still has the same articles as when I joined 5-6 years ago.

That gave me a great idea but it might take a little work. What if we took some of the great discussions and references that have accumulated in the forums over the years and condensed and compiled them into official articles. This would aid in finding many of those great resources that may be buried under years of forums and would make them much easier to access and read, especially for new players and those teaching them.

Most of the articles already there could use some updates, but many of them were authored by Bloomilk's amazing creator, shinja, who, as far as I know, doesn't frequent this site too often anymore. It think it would a great idea to use this to continue to use this section and fill it with more "official" articles written up from those forum threads. I don't know if this would work better than pinning those threads but I think it would look nicer and it would be much more efficient to find stuff without a forums search feature.

Just a suggestion, but certainly one that I see as feasible and potentially very useful. I'd probably be willing to help at least a little bit. What do all you guys think, especially those who organize, update, and run the site?
kobayashimaru
Posted: Friday, November 13, 2015 6:22:04 PM

great idea Bubba Fett!
Is there a particular visual you have in mind?
I'm envisaging the early Rogue Trader format

Whoever made those save11 magazine entries - those looked super purdy! BigGrin

anything that generates more interest in miniatures and makes life easier when gaming has got to be a good thing BigGrin
ChewbaccaBigfoot
Posted: Friday, November 13, 2015 7:18:31 PM

I like the idea. If this idea takes off, I could probably help a little bit as well.
CorellianComedian
Posted: Friday, November 13, 2015 7:23:14 PM

Brilliant idea, Bubba! I think that would be awesome!
Bubba Fett
Posted: Friday, November 13, 2015 8:00:51 PM

I'm not exactly sure how it would be formatted. It was a rather random idea that popped into my head. I would really like to see this go somewhere but I don't have any particular vision past the concept of compiling all of it.
jak
Posted: Saturday, November 14, 2015 11:23:20 AM

Bubba Fett wrote:
What do all you guys think, especially those who organize, update, and run the site?

therein lies the problem, those individuals are absent from the siteCursing
nothing is down in a timely manner, or at all in most cases.
the squadbuilder is woefully out of dateThumbDown
that use to be the best part of the site
Bubba Fett
Posted: Saturday, November 14, 2015 1:03:29 PM

I'm not one to complain about absences as I myself can be a rather inconsistent user during certain seasons. Too bad I don't have more experience with web design programming otherwise I would be happy to help. The resources this site provides are invaluable and I'd hate to lose it. That being said though, I can attest to how much work any programming project is, especially the upkeep of a high traffic site such as this that needs updating every six months. So if the people who keep this site running feel like they can no longer do it, I'm sure it would greatly appreciated if someone would take that over. That's how the site kept running when shinja handed it off. I would be happy to learn but I'm not sure I have the time, at least during the school year. I do understand that real life takes priority, taking away more time from the game than we'd like. I don't think I've actually played a full game in several months. The more organized and user friendly interface the site has, the greater chance we have to grow this game. I have yet to believe that this game is in decline or nearing its end. Just my two cents on the matter.