RegisterDonateLogin

Side effects may include: nausea, heartburn, and Aing Tii flow-walking.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

FrostyCon 2016 Options
atmsalad
Posted: Saturday, February 20, 2016 5:17:26 PM
Groups: Member

UrbanShmi wrote:
Top 4 were Trevor (ObiKin, Mace), Jim (Talon, Embo, Mira), Joe (Vong, not sure what) and Jason (Cin, Serra, Adi). Jason and Joe in the finals.

Tim played a Mando squad, I think he got fifth. Etienne was playing Seps with the Enforcer Droid. I don't really know many other details.

And Etienne sucked!!!!! ThumbDown Lol
UrbanShmi
Posted: Saturday, February 20, 2016 5:44:05 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

atmsalad wrote:
UrbanShmi wrote:
Top 4 were Trevor (ObiKin, Mace), Jim (Talon, Embo, Mira), Joe (Vong, not sure what) and Jason (Cin, Serra, Adi). Jason and Joe in the finals.

Tim played a Mando squad, I think he got fifth. Etienne was playing Seps with the Enforcer Droid. I don't really know many other details.

Anticipating the meta is always tough at the start of the season, especially with two new sets in circulation.
UrbanShmi
Posted: Saturday, February 20, 2016 5:54:40 PM

Breaking news: UrbanJedi wins the first Regional of the season. Apparently, Marn wins Regionals by himself lol. Broken!

Congrats to Jason and the rest of the field.
jak
Posted: Saturday, February 20, 2016 6:38:04 PM

top 4 !!
4- Darth Jim
3- TINK
2- Juice Man
1- UrbanJedi

thanks to all for making the drive to make this possibleThumbsUp
atmsalad
Posted: Saturday, February 20, 2016 6:40:49 PM

UrbanShmi wrote:
atmsalad wrote:
UrbanShmi wrote:

Anticipating the meta is always tough at the start of the season, especially with two new sets in circulation.

I pinned it pretty accurately, 2 close games and 1 blow out. It was fun playing a different squad then the norm though.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Saturday, February 20, 2016 6:43:58 PM

What was the rest of the field?

9 squads...

2 Republic
1 Vong
1 Fringe
1 Sep
1 Mandalorian

3 more, right?
UrbanShmi
Posted: Saturday, February 20, 2016 6:48:40 PM

Ar least one person was running the 100 point Sidious. J told me the rest, but I forgot.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Saturday, February 20, 2016 6:49:48 PM

Bryan or Caedus (I forget which) strongly indicated they'd be playing Sith. That would leave one more unaccounted for.
atmsalad
Posted: Saturday, February 20, 2016 7:04:46 PM

Shawn (caedus) played elite republic commandos with cin and Serra. Bryan played cognus, atton, zannah and amanoa.
urbanjedi
Posted: Saturday, February 20, 2016 8:05:48 PM

Jak was on Han stormie ithorian and radians x26
FlyingArrow
Posted: Saturday, February 20, 2016 8:18:54 PM

That's 10. Who ran Sidious?
atmsalad
Posted: Saturday, February 20, 2016 8:22:11 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
That's 10. Who ran Sidious?

No one, Shawn was going to, but decided on what I previously posted.
General_Grievous
Posted: Saturday, February 20, 2016 8:39:49 PM

Anyone know what the enforcer droid squad was and what matchups/maps it was on?
atmsalad
Posted: Saturday, February 20, 2016 9:42:32 PM

--MOUNT ME!!!--
100 Dooku
65 NR-N99 Droid Enforcer
19 BX Commando Droid Spotter
10 Squib Trader
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

(200pts. 6 activations)

Played this as a warm up for the regionals and to test some ideas. So glad I wasn't expecting to do well, lol

1. Against Jim with Talon- 195 to 207
2. Against Joe with Vong- auto loss with blast bugs
3. Against Bryan with Sith- lost on some close play mistakes 140 to 240
4. Against Shawn with Rep- won a rough match against shawn. His dice helped immensely, but he got 100..

Dooku is nasty, but not worth his points. To many times I felt like he was so fragile and not able to hit heavy enough. Moving forward with this squad idea I would take him out and replace with any number of characters depending on the meta.
UrbanShmi
Posted: Saturday, February 20, 2016 11:49:21 PM

Sorry, guess I was mistaken about the Sidious. Maybe I has it mixed up with the Dooku, or maybe I was thinking about Shawn.
General_Grievous
Posted: Sunday, February 21, 2016 9:32:06 AM

Awesome thanks for the play report. I may be considering bringing my own huge team to our regional this year and that helps
jak
Posted: Sunday, February 21, 2016 10:43:14 AM

one of the weirder parts of Frosty was that is was NOT frosty at all.
Temperature was in the high 60's on Saturday! awesome nice! great to have a 3rd rd bye, so I could enjoy the weather.

Darth_Jim
Posted: Sunday, February 21, 2016 7:34:47 PM

Just so everyone knows, I did NOT run Boba. I keep trying to tell people he never was the cornerstone of my fringe squad...Embo is. Here it is...

Jam Session

Talon Karrde
Aves
Embo
Mira
Dash
Clobot
Lak Sivrak
R7
Mouse

I went 3-1 in swiss and lost to Joe in the semi finals. Embo and Mira for the most part played their roles well. Dash was rather disappointing, but Clobot was not. Aves works well...but is not too strong. Well done, Tim, his designer. Aves looks to be a keeper. Some changes are in the works, but Boba will not be among them.
urbanjedi
Posted: Sunday, February 21, 2016 10:46:36 PM

Having not near enough time I decided to bring back an oldie for this one. Settled on Adi and Cin, even though I KNEW that Adi would not be good since I expected the meta to be much more focused on melee and less on crazy shooters.

Cin
Adi Gallia
Serra Keto
Scorch
Marn (2x ugos and a peace brigade thug were my standard)
Foul
R2
3x ugos

Rd 1
I put the beatdown on BYE. He tried to keep it close he couldn't hit and I couldn't miss
3pts

Rd 2
Tim and his Mando Bombs. This is an extremely bad matchup for me as he has more autodamage than I have HP and I didn't help at all by letting him get off 2 different sets of really good flamethrowers in addition to multiple Self destucts that hit more than 1 guy. I did manage to kill enough guys and earn enough gambit to eek out 1 pt.
1-1 4 pts

Rd 3
Versus Joe and his Vong. I brought in my standard bribery guys and with con artist they all stole blast bug from him. This was bad, bad news for Joe. With Cin and Serra each able to kill a warrior on their own, and Adi, Foul and Scorch usually able to either take one out or heavily damage one, AND 4 blastbuggers to work on them as well, his warriors dropped fast as if he went after the big guys, the blasterbugs worked him over and if worked on the blastbuggers, then the big guys made him pay.
2-1 7pts

Rd 4
Trevor and Obikin. Assuming that no one makes mistakes and rolls are equal, I think Trevor has a slight edge (60-40 or maybe 65-35). This game started out bad for me. I hung artoo out to dry for no reason. Then later in the same round, I gave trevor an easy line to Adi which let Trevor drop her with impunity. Then Mace came in and went nuclear on serra. BUT serra, wanting to prove she was up the task, makashid away every crit that mace threw at her (3 in a row at one point) and with Cin and his brutal strike and serra doing 30 damage hits, MAce fell. However Cin was very low in life and obiken pushed him out of the way and the duo were much better swordsmen than serra and she finally fell as well. Cleanup didn't take too much longer, but by keep trevor out of gambit most of the game the score was much closer than the match. It ended 230 something to 170 something. Had I been able to get through Obiken (about half health), I could have actually won the match. I didn't but still got the all important point, putting me to 8pts on the day securing my spot in the T4
2-2 8pts

While the other matches finished out, I was looking at the standings and figured out that I was going to make the T4 AND even more exciting, I was going to get a rematch of the match I had just played unless something strange happened. It didn't and the rematch was on.

Semis
vs trevor again. I changed up my bribery and brought in a twilek BG instead (didn't do anything except die to an ugnaught) but was better than 3 random guys as it COULD have absorbed a hit. At least in this game I didn't give a way R2. I still let Adi get shot at by Sev. Then Trevor taught me something. He taught me that Scorch has Proximity Mines. Boy did I learn that lesson very well as I then realized that if his scorch had them, then mine should as well. I checked and scorch said he had tons of them. I kept my scorch on the fringes of the battle throwing mines in for the whole game. I think he did 40 to Obiken and 20 or more to the others. I basically sacrificed Serra to go take out his R2 and keep the scrum in the middle. The turning point of this game was when Mace and Obiken reported that they were too tired and refused to hit any of my jedi. I don't even know if they could have hit ugnaughts they were so tired. In one set of 7 attacks (4 from Obiken and 3 from Mace) they hit only twice and one of those were makashid away. And that wasn't a 1 round thing. It just kept happening. 3 rds of Brutal Strike from Cin (plus those pesky mines from earlier) took care of obiken while Obiken and Mace were trying to fight through my other jedi. After that, Cin went to work on Mace and finally mace fell with me having basically a full health Cin, and a full Scorch left. On to the finals.

Finals
Joe beat Jim even though Jim rolled reserves twice in the match (it must have been an epic game and I wish I could have watched). Joe knew he couldn't bring in the blastbug guy with quorreal again so decided to bring a scarification guy. The only problem with that (which joe knew but he didn't really have any better options) was that unless I roll that elusive 1, I Can kill each of his guys in 1 attack (Brutal from Cin or 2x 20 damage hits from Serra). I basically whittled him down while holding gambit and once I took out all his warriors, I thought I was in the clear. With all the scrubs gone, the Vong induced their Jedi Hatred (Specialization) and dropped Serra like a chump. I worked to finish off his guys (a couple crits helped) and finally finished him off.

MVP of the day was easily Marn as he almost singlehandedly defeated Joe. Without Marn, the match against Joe is probably in his favor. I Can still kill his guys but I don't think I can do it fast enough to keep up. It might be interesting to try that matchup without Marn and see what happens.

urbanjedi
Posted: Sunday, February 21, 2016 10:49:39 PM

In talking with Joe after and Tim extensively on the car ride home, Joe's best option would probably have been to bring in 2x Advance agent officers (Marn can't bribe them both) AND they have thud bug which could be huge if he gets it off. Alternatively bringing in 4x Advance Scouts COULD also work (again because of the thud bug). The priest wasn't very usefull since I didn't ever leave an injured guy around.