RegisterDonateLogin

Chocolate milk, strawberry milk. A Jedi craves not these things.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Round 1: The Force Unleashed vs Legacy of the Force Options
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, December 7, 2015 9:06:04 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

The Force Unleashed - spryguy1981
vs
Legacy of the Force - GeneralGrievous

Post your squads and explain why you will win. Everyone else - vote publicly for who you think will win. I'll track votes in this top post. (I reserve the right to exclude votes based on suspected sock puppet accounts.)

Voting ends December 11, 2015, 3:00pm EST (New York time).

===
Currently 8-2 for Legacy. jerjerrod played a game but did not vote.
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, December 7, 2015 4:35:40 PM
Groups: Member

Mine:

Legacy for me:

--New Republic Wrecking Balls (Legacy of the Force)--
61 Cade Skywalker, Bounty Hunter
50 Han Solo, Galactic Hero
48 Shado Vao
13 Galactic Alliance Scout
10 Luke Skywalker, Force Spirit
9 General Dodonna
8 Human Scout

(199pts. 7 activations)

Sprys:

Force Unleashed
58 Boba Merc
47 Shaak Ti
45 Garm
28 Hoth Luke
14 Cloud City Leia
8 Mon Cal Medic

Garm will bring in
2 Rebel Vanguard's
Mon Cal Medic.

Why I wold win:

I would pick a nice map like tomb of the acolytes where I can draw in close and Dodonna would allow me to out-activate him. Followed by Han and Cade shooting the place up while Shado runs interference. Cade gets ghosted by Luke and is a 40 damage healer if needed. Activations, Han's disruptive shutting down Garm's CE and three major damage dealers being able to lurk until the end of the round before converging and taking out first Fett, then Luke, then Shaak. Shado and Shaak would be a good fight and Han and Boba are fairly evenly matched but there is too much uneeded tech on his squad. And Cade keeping any damage down is a better healer too. But what do you guys think?
spryguy1981
Posted: Monday, December 7, 2015 5:46:42 PM

Why I would win. I would be playing on Rhen Var more than likely.

The pseudo Mobile allows me to get Boba in and out of trouble and get some good shots off on whomever strikes my fancy. I could bring down Cade in one activation potentially if the targeting falls my way. Boba could double for 60, and then Luke could finish him off with a 50 damage push. Or vs Han, Boba will hit twice, one likely gets through and then Luke can shoot at him or push him if Han leads. Shaak Ti's stealth will help her vs Cade, and we all know that Han-Galactic Hero typically can't hit the broad side of a barn lol. The medics would be able to stay back far enough to avoid being shot and can heal 10 someone twice, the Vanguards can cause scattering. Boba hits Han for 30, and Han fails a missiles save and he is sitting pretty at 30HP. It would be largely dice dependent I feel like. Shado vs Shaak would have Shado needing 11 to hit her, while she needs 5 or 9 depending on when she goes. It would be a neck and neck battle dependent on rolls, but I think Luke's auto-damage would be the clincher.
ChewbaccaBigfoot
Posted: Monday, December 7, 2015 6:38:59 PM

Spry, where are you getting the 50 damage push ("Luke could finish him off with a 50 damage push")? Force Push 4 only does 40 damage...
spryguy1981
Posted: Monday, December 7, 2015 7:01:29 PM

You're right it's only 40. Sorry. I was looking at Unleashed doing 50 lightning.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, December 8, 2015 7:40:11 AM

Close match, but I vote Legacy.
Mando
Posted: Wednesday, December 9, 2015 7:41:28 AM

I'd have to go with Force Unleashed on this one. Boba is a solid attacker and Intuition + flight is always a good competitive option. It'll be a close match, but I'd side on Matt's squad being able to survive a bit longer to handle the other team and get a points advantage.
CorellianComedian
Posted: Wednesday, December 9, 2015 6:58:00 PM

I vote Legacy. Hoth Luke is only going to get one Push in without a battery, and isn't a huge threat aside from that. Shaak Ti does have Stealth, but she needs to come to the Legacy team if she's going to fight at all, and there will probably be someone left unactivated to hit her as soon as she runs up. Close call, but I go Legacy.
urbanjedi
Posted: Wednesday, December 9, 2015 9:21:36 PM

I vote Legacy on this one. I do think it would be close and could come down to some key inits as both sides want to take advantage of cunning. I think the GMA and the outactivate of Dodonna gives Legacy the slight edge so would push it just over the edge.
StarKiller97
Posted: Wednesday, December 9, 2015 10:33:25 PM

Legacy
gholli69
Posted: Thursday, December 10, 2015 4:36:05 AM

Legacy gets the win with dodonna being a lynchpin as he allows that squad to hold back and out activate if needed, or not depending on the situation and opportunities available.
pegolego
Posted: Thursday, December 10, 2015 9:32:52 AM

Each squad features similar components; a high cost Accurate double cunning shooter (one has Disruptive and GMA but is probably a bit more Fragile, Boba has sorta GMA from Garm as well as Intuition), a melee piece with a good balance of offense and defense, then Cade (double+twin+splash, Force Push) and Luke (auto damage), as well as both having some damage removal. GG has Dodonna, but since two of Spry's three major attackers get better damage going first, having OPTIONAL act control is awesome here.

This should be a close matchup between two great players, but I feel like Legacy may have an ever so slight advantage.
juice man
Posted: Thursday, December 10, 2015 10:08:35 AM

Sorry Commander Spry, Legacy. Dodonna really helps this. Force ghost is good to.
jerjerrod4
Posted: Friday, December 11, 2015 2:04:19 AM

Played this with Spry and Legacy was the winner.
spryguy1981
Posted: Friday, December 11, 2015 11:31:14 AM

I lost to legacy. It came down to Shado and Garm. Shado killed Garm, having taken damage throughout the game Shado was down to 30 HP.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, December 11, 2015 11:48:18 AM

Legacy wins.