RegisterDonateLogin

Has the death sentence on twelve systems.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Round 1: Scum and Villainy vs Destiny of the Force Options
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, December 7, 2015 9:18:56 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Set vs Set tournament

Scum and Villainy - spryguy1981
vs
Destiny of the Force - ChewbaccaBigfoot

Post your squads and explain why you will win. Everyone else - vote publicly for who you think will win. I'll track votes in this top post. (I reserve the right to exclude votes based on suspected sock puppet accounts.)

Voting ends December 11, 2015, 3:00pm EST (New York time).

===
Currently 10-2 for Scum & Villainy. jerjerrod posted a play report but did not vote.
spryguy1981
Posted: Monday, December 7, 2015 10:58:14 AM
Groups: Member

My squad
Zam
HoH
Shada
Spotter
3 Sniper
Veteran Ug
Squib

Map: Asteroid Base

Vs Revan
Jodo
Bandon
Inquisitor
Han
Exar
Nikto
Crumb

I feel like I would win this matchup due to sheer damage output and the ability for Shada to take damage. First target is the Inquisitor. Once he's gone I bring the General out and keep my squad around gambit and all of the cover. Forced to come at me Zam does great against anyone adjacent to those cover squares. I also hold the ug back until I need to start healing.

14 attack with combine potential plus GG and his 4 attacks ruining Jedi. Zam cleaning up. Squib provides satchel change to prevent lockout.
ChewbaccaBigfoot
Posted: Monday, December 7, 2015 2:00:58 PM

My Squad
62 Darth Revan, Sith Lord
38 Jodo Kast
27 Darth Bandon
24 Sith Inquisitor
21 Han Solo, Gambler
14 Exar Kun, Dark Force Spirit
8 Nikto Pirate
5 Salacious Crumb

Map: Freight Train Station

Vs.
44 Zam-BH
42 General G, HoH
28 Shada Dukal
16 BX Spotter
45 BX Sniper x3
15 Veteran Ugnaught
10 Squib Trader

I feel like I would win this with the hands of the Sith Inquisitor. I'd have to play it very carefully, but the goal would be to grip GGHoH and take him over to use Spinning Blade Attack on his own team. Master Tactician gives me the edge in initiative so I can use Revan to Deal a large amount of damage at the start of a round, especially if I can position Bandon at the end of the previous round to utilize the +10 damage. Jodo and Han have evade to last longer, and if GGHoH comes close Jodo can use Virulent Poison Dart for a large amount of hard to block damage. My plan would be to play smart to stay out of the way of his shooters if possible.
jerjerrod4
Posted: Monday, December 7, 2015 3:17:32 PM

This is a tough one to call. I want to vote for Revan because I love the mini, but going against someone like Spry, running a nasty meta squad, I think the Separatists would be too much to overcome. Revan has a lot of damage potential but the ability for the General to parry is huge, and I know that Spry would keep General G back enough to avoid the Inquisitor. I think the main reason for the Separatist victory here though is going to be Shada because she can keep things alive.

My vote is Spry's Scum squad.
TheHutts
Posted: Monday, December 7, 2015 3:19:56 PM

Freight Train Station isn't on restricted, right?

Sith Inquisitor is pretty vulnerable to accurate shot.
ChewbaccaBigfoot
Posted: Monday, December 7, 2015 3:56:30 PM

No, it isn't on restricted. I checked just to make sure. Also, that's why I'd have to play very carefully.
SignerJ
Posted: Monday, December 7, 2015 7:56:19 PM

Those BXs could do some serious damage. I feel like it would simply be too easy for spry to hold back Grievous until the BXs are in danger, at which point Revan & company will have taken enough damage to be in trouble. I'm voting for Scum and Villainy.
CorellianComedian
Posted: Monday, December 7, 2015 9:21:14 PM

They're both really good squads, but I would have to also go for spry's Seps. Grievous and the Inquisitor must both stay out of the fray until the opportune time comes. With those two gone, the Sith have vastly superior close-quarters beat-down capability, but the Seps can really knock them around at ranged combat, allowing them to sit and gun down the Gambit holders until such time as Grievous can arrive.

I definitely think that Chewbacca has the advantage on the Freight Train Station, but I'm thinking that map isn't an eligible choice since we're using the Restricted list? Confused

I'd consider changing my answer depending on how that gets sorted out; if Chewbacca chose a Restricted map that was able to tip the odds in his favor - or if we aren't limited to the Restricted list - I'd give the fight another look, but for now, my official vote is for spry's Separatists.

EDIT: So, my official vote is for Scum and Villainy.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, December 8, 2015 7:43:07 AM

Scum and Villainy.
Caedus
Posted: Tuesday, December 8, 2015 9:20:38 AM

+1 to the above sentiments. Map is a very important factor. I must vote S&V as it stands
ChewbaccaBigfoot
Posted: Tuesday, December 8, 2015 8:30:10 PM

Sorry didn't realize what the restricted map list actually was. I feel that on a balanced map, my squad wouldn't have much ability to stand up against the damage output of spry's squad. After seeing that this was the squad he'd created, I didn't figure I had much of a chance anyway with the squad I'd built. ;)
Mando
Posted: Wednesday, December 9, 2015 7:25:02 AM

scum and villany
General_Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, December 9, 2015 11:58:23 AM

Agreed, Grievous and the BXs is the best squad in this whole competition my opinion. Simple but deadly
gholli69
Posted: Wednesday, December 9, 2015 1:23:19 PM

Grievous and the BXs take this round fairly handily I believe so my vote is for scum and villany.
pegolego
Posted: Thursday, December 10, 2015 9:16:05 AM

After running BXs in numbers for the first time myself recently, it's hard to argue with their sheer destruction. On top of that, Spry has some useful door control from the Uggie and Squib, and Grievous/Shada/Zam are nasty 'backup', with Shada being key in the sense that she can die instead of one of the major players.

But then, CBF has init control via Revan as well as a handy swap to make the game interesting. But Jodo and Han are pretty limited by the BX Spotter (Jodo can use his dart though, of course), and the sheer range of the BX group I feel would be too devastating to overcome.

Would be a VERY interesting game I think, but my vote goes to S&V
juice man
Posted: Thursday, December 10, 2015 10:20:25 AM

After playing against jak and those cursed BX's. Go with Scum + Villainy.
urbanjedi
Posted: Friday, December 11, 2015 12:15:55 AM

I ran a test of this and surprisingly got very different results than I expected.

Played on Asteroid Base. DOTF set up on left with the main beats in the middle and everyone else not far away. SV set up hiding grevious and everyone else kinda protected by the Spotter with the 2 randoms hidden away. Intuitioned up in a group (but no LOS), then shot the door. Exar activated his thing and moved up. Jodo moved to hold the door open (evade), han and REvan behind him (well out of LOS), Inquisitor stayed quite well hidden building up force, Salacious stays hidden and mikto moves up behind the wall but out of sight at the moment. Bandon hides by Revan. Droids move to Gambit with Shada backup, Zam moves up a little and grevious still stays away fearing the inquisitor. Rd 2 SV gets gambit

Rd 3. Revan burns 2 force to master speed and assault and takes out a sniper that wasn't protected by Shada then swaps to the nikto. Shada kills him and then Sniper shoots at Revan with a spotter and revan misses the defense and takes 50. Jodo now runs up into the middle of the group Shada 1 square up, spotter to the right, and the 2 remaining snipers below and then below and to the right (adjacent to the spotter). And Bandon runs up 6 and grips the spotter (probably the worst choice). Inquisitor moves up to where Revan had been before (around the corner well hidden), Han moves up to by where Revan is now, Exar moves up and Salacious had to open the door to let Han out. Last Sniper drops 30 on Jodo, Zam doesn;t get through evade and Grevious moves up so he can try and get to Revan. Gambit for both

Rd 4. Jodo Goes first and kills a second sniper (cunning and Bandon's CE) then immediately dies to the third sniper and spotter. Grevious then goes and does his thing and hits han for 40 and hits/misses revan needing 8s and revan uses his last FP to Defense it and makes it so still at 80. Revan gets 30 through parry then swaps in Bandon, then Han does 40 to Greivous with Longshot and BAndon's CE. Shada Comes in and finishes off Han and the Zam drops 20 on Bandon. Bandon grips Han down to 30, Inquisitor pops out and finishes off Grevious and then Salacious lets the door close. Squib and Ugo move up.

Rd 5.
DOTF chooses not to go first. Droids shoot at Revan and Revan Defenses. Then Revan moves and drops 80 on Zam, swaps with Bandon who finsishers her off. Shada comes in and hits Bandon down to 70. Ugo shoots and misses and veryone else just hides. Gambit 5 to 2.

Rd 6. Revan runs in and finishes off the spotter. Sniper drops 30 on REvan (down to 50), Bandon and Shada are duking it out. Inquisitor still hiding building up force. Salacious opens the door.

Rd 7. Revan takes out the last sniper, Shada finishes off Bandon and somehow manages to live through what should have been a death riposte, then dies to the inquisitor popping to finish her off. Gambit now 6 to 4 game over on gambit but well in hand

So, to wrap up, DOTF wins. In analyzing the match the Master Tactician is huge and the fact that most of the guys are killable by Revan with Cunning and Assault combined with the fact that the lines on Asteroid base aren't very long at all meaning that the Seps have to be pretty close negating their biggest advantage. The real issue here is that the Snipers don't have double and still need pretty high numbers to hit and the seps can;t bring greivous out early because of the inquistior. I think Chewbacca had it right when he said he can win this match because without grevious DOTF wins and if you bring grevious out you just get gripped and have to attack your own squad (save 15 with Exar so not great odds). The fact that almost the whole squad has stealth actually hurts in this instance as Grevious is the only target.

On other maps with longer lines or a harder to cross gambit (jabba's palace, rancor pen, ruined base, etc) I think the game could play out different but since Spry chose asteroid base I just played on that.

jerjerrod4
Posted: Friday, December 11, 2015 2:03:48 AM

Ran this playtest with Spry last night as well as my game and the results were that Scum won in a tight match.

Round 1 Spry gets into gambit 10-0

Round 2, I see a line on General Grievous to where he is close to his team and can get off a good spinning and grip 20 him, but he rolls a 17 and saves. Zam missiles the Inquisitor and he fails the save, and the Shada hits him with a Zsinj Needle, rolled a 14, Spry informs me that it's save 16. Dead Inquisitor. Han shoots the Spotter, hits, makes the save, Spry takes the damage on Shada. Bandon grips Grievous who is down to 80. Spry centers around gambit. Revan gets gambit and brngs the Nikto to swap with next round. 44-10

Round 3 I use Revan to kill Shada and then swap in the Nikto. Spry kills the Nikto with Zam, and then puts 20 on Bandon. Grievous bases Revan with a Force Point and twins, 30 gets through after defense. BX then drops 50 on Bandon with combine. He grips Grievous and runs away. Exar moves up with Aura on. Han shoots the shield, fails the save. 62-48

Round 4 Revan doubles General, he parries one with a 16, then takes 40, he's down to 40. Swaps in for Jodo. Grevious twins and runs away taking 10 on the AoO. Having moved into sight, the BX kills Bandon and then the other two put 30 on Jodo with a failed evade. Zam doubles and Jodo takes 20. Han hits the shield this time and makes the save. 99-58

Round 5 Jodo goes first and bases the shield to take it down. He is killed by Zam with Final Shot, who then kills Han also with a failed evade and final shot. Spry remains in gambit forcing Revan to come in. 3 BX's pile onto Revan who takes 30, one BX Miss, one hit, one defense.

Round 6 Revan takes out General Grievous but Zam is able to finish him off with double and final on the last shot as Revan can only defense 1 and misses the save. Spry wins but it was close.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, December 11, 2015 6:31:44 AM

Interesting play reports. I'm going to retract my vote for now.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, December 11, 2015 11:58:48 AM

Scum & Villainy wins.