Round 2: Legacy of the Force vs Armed and Operational Options
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, December 11, 2015 12:06:22 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Set vs Set tournament

Legacy of the Force - GeneralGrievous
vs
Armed and Operational + Invasion - juice_man

Post your squads and explain why you will win. Everyone else - vote publicly for who you think will win. I'll track votes in this top post. (I reserve the right to exclude votes based on suspected sock puppet accounts.)

If anyone plans to play this match, please post that you plan to. Others may want to wait to see a play report before voting.

If both players agree to play this out instead of having the community vote, then the vote will be ignored and the results of that match will stand.

Voting ends December 15, 2015, 3:00pm EST (New York time).

===

A&O wins 5-1
General_Grievous
Posted: Friday, December 11, 2015 1:24:01 PM
Groups: Member

Mine:

Legacy for me:

--New Republic Wrecking Balls (Legacy of the Force)--
61 Cade Skywalker, Bounty Hunter
50 Han Solo, Galactic Hero
48 Shado Vao
13 Galactic Alliance Scout
10 Luke Skywalker, Force Spirit
9 General Dodonna
8 Human Scout

(199pts. 7 activations)

Juice Man

63 Darth Bane, Sith'ari
23 Elbee
21 Zann Consortium Droideka
18 Gloom Walker Sniperi
17 Sorcerer Acolyte
14 Young Anakin Skywalker
12 LIN Demolitionmech
22 Givin Black Sun Slicer x2
10 Owen and Beru Lars

(200pts. 10 activations)

General_Grievous
Posted: Friday, December 11, 2015 1:24:44 PM

Why I would win:

Taking this fight to Grand Plaza. Here Bane would be a sitting duck for my shooters who could out activate then GMA in for pain administering. I would out activate him and would still have two pieces. Which could be the scout opening a distant door and a hero either dumping damage with accurate or splash as well as potentially booking it to gambit to steal some points, then retreat and heal up first thing next round. The second key part for me is my maneuverability. Having two GMA attackers would allow Han and later Shado to sneak out and unload damage and then tuck away from Banes range. Bane is a powerful piece but with absolutely no ranged defence or ranged powers he would go down easy to my activations and shooting on any open map. And the rest of the team is support for Bane or characters that wouldn't be able to almost ever draw LOS on my team due to high mobility and Dodonna. But what do you guys think?

Not to mention I have older aged Han, *Zoolander quote in reference to new movie* He is so hot right now
juice man
Posted: Friday, December 11, 2015 5:16:39 PM

One word - Override. Bane would be a duck sitting behind a locked door until I release him. As for out-activating, my Droidika has Wheeled Form and Blast Cannon. It could move fast and close to kill Dodonna in one shot. Or perhaps Elbee could lift it trough a recently overridden door (open) into gambit, where it won't move, giving it damage reduction 10 as well as advanced shields.
Could also get close using the side rooms (overridden shut) Bane gets a few FP's then come out using Elbee and the Demolitionmech as shields. While my shooters shoot the non-mobile targets.
The Sorcerer can cover the Demolitionmech, droidika and the sniper with a fog!

My squad has so many options LotF can't hide from me. an evading repair 20 who also lets me re-roll attacks if he gets close, a healer with draw fire, (for emergencies), mines for those close encounters, two overrides, speed 18 attacker with blast cannon, a stealthy sniper (with deadeye + careful shot), a sorcerer who can stealth/cover non uniques. Am I forgetting anyone...oh! Darth Bane. For those pesky jedi - or anyone else.

My map is Rhen Var. DBBL Override baby.

P.S. Aged Han? Is that a fine cheese?BigGrin
CorellianComedian
Posted: Friday, December 11, 2015 8:32:40 PM

This is quite an epic matchup. I think I'll wait a little (possibly for a play report) before I vote.
General_Grievous
Posted: Friday, December 11, 2015 9:20:13 PM

Door gimmick opens override. Only awkward thing there. And I would still have a shooter left. Also Dodonna will be so buried behind the heroes that self heal that he is not concerned.
CorellianComedian
Posted: Friday, December 11, 2015 9:37:37 PM

Um... Advanced Door Gimmick opens override, but Door Gimmick does not.
jak
Posted: Saturday, December 12, 2015 5:56:01 AM

they won't be playing, Juice and I don't VasselWink
General_Grievous
Posted: Saturday, December 12, 2015 6:11:21 AM

Well no doors in the tombs of any importance anyways. Any map my squad can get to gambit before being locked out.
juice man
Posted: Saturday, December 12, 2015 7:29:37 AM

Hide Dodonna, if you can, from my lifted into place Sniper (insert evil laughter), with Verpine Shatter Rifle, Deadeye, and careful shot. You just can't get through all the beef and iron at my beck and call. Damage reduction, advanced shields, evade, stealth. You have heal 40, I have repair 20 and heal 10. And that's on your map. On my map dbbl override puts you in a world of hurt.
General_Grievous
Posted: Saturday, December 12, 2015 9:51:22 AM

Go ahead and lift your sniper the whole 4 squares closer so he can have nothing to shoot at but remain in the open for GMA. Dodonna will be so far back and laughing all the way to town at your paltry two weak ranged pieces. Also damage reduction < Lightsaber which two out of three death dealers distribute. And the problem with your shooters is if they commit then they're gone. Can't lift everyone to safety. Lift < GMA. If your team moves for gambit they are dead. If they wait to get a lucky shot then I win by gambit points and healing up my runner Shado. *Grievous voice* either way, you lose. *maniacal laughing*

[hahaha it's on like donkey kong Juice!]
juice man
Posted: Saturday, December 12, 2015 10:23:48 AM

Hmm, if Dodonna is so far back that he can't be gotten to and behind a wall of heros, your heros are also very far back. Your one GMA shooter is very fine (like that cheese you mentioned), but if you try to LS anyone that will expose your people to (drumroll) - Bane. My weak shooter can also camp in gambit with damage reduction 10 and advanced shields. If you come to oust him, you open yourself up to BAD THINGS! (Did I mention Elbee also has a taste for jedi?)

Your other good shooter must camp to be a good shooter.

P.S. I'll have to play Jack a couple times, this does look fun; on your map, on my map - Pffft, I win! Override baby!!!

P.P.S. Have to say, arguing this is fun.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Saturday, December 12, 2015 11:34:22 AM

You guys are hilarious. I'm still undecided. I'd like to hear play reports.
General_Grievous
Posted: Saturday, December 12, 2015 3:37:16 PM

Oh bam! It's so on! I'll get to gambit before you lock me out. How many times? Every time. And go ahead and put your droideka in gambit I'll come out and have Han and Cade dump so many rounds that their family reunion with great uncle Han will turn your droid into Swiss cheese. Which Dodonna will then eat. And tell Bane to come on out, come see what happens when an immovable force comes into contact with a wall of blasted blasterfire and becomes Swiss cheese as well. Bane's one defense against getting torn to shreds by gunfire is... Nothing, he can't avoid it at all. Just kidding he can hide in the corner and wait for a gambit win. *drops mic and walks away*

Don't make me settle this with a dance off, because even though he's old GMA beats wheeled any day on the dance floor

P.S. Hahahahaha
juice man
Posted: Saturday, December 12, 2015 7:00:09 PM

If you get to gambit before I lock you out, that just means I lock you in(with my killers). Dance your way out that predicament! As for Bane's defense against getting torn to shreds by gunfire...well...that's killing the gunmen. 90 HP's for "Dancer". Cade will be "Prancer" just trying to stay away from Bane. Since Santa's reindeer can fly and your guys can't, that'll be the han - er - ham for Dodonna's cheese sandwhich.

Wow, wish I had a shield and a spear to clang against it.
jak
Posted: Sunday, December 13, 2015 5:44:30 AM

juice man wrote:

Wow, wish I had a shield and a spear to clang against it.

you could BANG some pots & pans

then again so could GG, I hear he's kinky that way
juice man
Posted: Sunday, December 13, 2015 3:39:32 PM

Jack and I played, A and O won 201 to 111.

At the thought of the blaster barrage he faced, Bane felt a slight chill in his soul. Ah! Who am I kidding, Bane has no soul, death to all who oppose me!!!

Six rounds I had gambit in all of them Jack had 3. Han and Dodonna were alive and unhurt at end Bane had 80 damage on him O + B had healed 40. I had Bane, Owen, 2 Givens and Youngster left. Han managed a crit and a normal hit for 60 early, on Bane. Bane got lucky on Shado and cit and hit him, overwhelmingly, for death.
The other guys who were not Bane did what I hoped and tied up the opposing squad, also doing damage, long enough for Bane to have his way with them. Young Ani repaired Elbee once for 20.

My taking gambit (with the Droidika) forced Jack to engage which was all I needed to get close enough to attack. The force fog "forced" (get it?, get it?) Cade to close to six in the gambit area. He did last longer than I though he would, but healing himself meant he wasn't attacking me.

In the end just too much HP's to blast through and two big jedi hunters to do their thing.

Bane killed Shado, GA Scout, Cade (Luke). Elbee killed Human Scout and put damage on Cade
General_Grievous
Posted: Sunday, December 13, 2015 6:52:21 PM

Alright I am also doing this game tomorrow. We shall see if my skill makes a difference in how this is played. Did you use my map?
FlyingArrow
Posted: Sunday, December 13, 2015 7:09:44 PM

General_Grievous wrote:
Alright I am also doing this game tomorrow. We shall see if my skill makes a difference in how this is played. Did you use my map?

What is your map? You mentioned Tombs but said Grand Plaza earlier. Tomb of the Acolytes is not currently on the Restricted List.
juice man
Posted: Sunday, December 13, 2015 7:17:31 PM

Yes, your map. Grand Plaza. My map, of course, has too many doors for you to overcome.(bu-wa-ha-ha-ha)Drool