10 San Hill
3 Mouse Droid
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2
(148pts. 8 activations)

[Reserves]

San Hill:
16 IG-100 MagnaGuard
4 Battle Droid

I know combining Ventress witht the Vigo's isn't very original, but I thought to try my own spin on it. Ventress gains evade from the BBSV, and Greater Mobile from the TBSV. The Uggies provide the door control, and the mouse droid helps extend the Vigos commander effects to Ventress. San simply provides a little tempo control. Darth Tyranus is there because he can use his dark inspiration ability to give Ventress Lightsaber Duelist. Now, it'll become harder for melee fighters beat her.
The downsides of this squad are: 1. It focuses a lot on Ventress. If she dies, then everything becomes a lot harder for the rest of the squad. But the vigos and Tyranus can be good fighters if need be. 2. Because Ventress is gaining evade and greater mobile from the vigos, she loses her +4 attack from Loner.

So, any comments? Good squad? Bad squad? Okay squad?
Eroschilles
Posted: Wednesday, June 24, 2009 9:29:16 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I like it and I think its a decent Ventress team. I don't think ventress is the new Mara tho. Mara has cunning and all. She also has access to duelist now too.
IG-108
Posted: Friday, June 26, 2009 1:09:21 PM
Groups: Member

Anyone else want to comment?
And Ventress is kinda like a new Mara because they're really similar in stats, cost, abilities, and versatility.
ewokballs88
Posted: Friday, June 26, 2009 2:09:22 PM

good team. Though asajj aint even in the same league with mara. Mara has cunning, block to stay alive, and the most obvious thing that just makes her way better than asajj is that she is a shooter and great at it. But still good squad.
Joe
Posted: Friday, June 26, 2009 5:46:21 PM

Where as I do think that your is a decent squad. I take issue with the "New Mara" statement. A few things I would like to point out:

-Ventress has a higher printed damage which. But when compared directly to mara it matters not because Mara gets a pssive +10 damage in melee due to her lightsaber ability.

-That said, where as Ventress needs force points to acheive that 30 damage, mara has cunning attack. Ventress's force points do not last as long as cunning attack does. But cunning attack is more situational. I'd still take cunning over sith rage any day for that additional +4 attack value.

-Mara has a gun! Being able to stealth and pick off most opponants at range, or kite (For all you WoW) players is a valid and usefull ability.

-More synergy is to be found on the new republic for the time being. Although stealth makes her pretty safe on her own. Having general Wedge antilles giving the rest of your squad evade is great. And further irritating for your opponent. ^^

I can ramble on about Mara as she is one of my favorite characters and minis, but I'll spare ya.
sharron
Posted: Friday, June 26, 2009 7:36:41 PM

Joe wrote:
Where as I do think that your is a decent squad. I take issue with the "New Mara" statement. A few things I would like to point out:

-Ventress has a higher printed damage which. But when compared directly to mara it matters not because Mara gets a pssive +10 damage in melee due to her lightsaber ability.

-That said, where as Ventress needs force points to acheive that 30 damage, mara has cunning attack. Ventress's force points do not last as long as cunning attack does. But cunning attack is more situational. I'd still take cunning over sith rage any day for that additional +4 attack value.

-Mara has a gun! Being able to stealth and pick off most opponants at range, or kite (For all you WoW) players is a valid and usefull ability.

-More synergy is to be found on the new republic for the time being. Although stealth makes her pretty safe on her own. Having general Wedge antilles giving the rest of your squad evade is great. And further irritating for your opponent. ^^

I can ramble on about Mara as she is one of my favorite characters and minis, but I'll spare ya.

i agree with everything you just said joe. ventress will never have anything on mara because mara can shoot. lol. word.
seibermaki
Posted: Friday, June 26, 2009 7:50:35 PM

Which Mara are you guys referring to?
Joe
Posted: Saturday, June 27, 2009 2:53:44 AM

seibermaki wrote:
Which Mara are you guys referring to?

Mara Jade, Jedi

From the alliance and empire set.