RegisterDonateLogin

Is insignificant next to the power of the Force.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Round 3: Alliance and Empire vs Scum and Villainy Options
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, December 15, 2015 1:08:37 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Set vs Set tournament

Alliance and Empire - urbanjedi
vs
Scum and Villainy + Jedi vs Sith - spryguy

Post your squads and explain why you will win. Everyone else - vote publicly for who you think will win. I'll track votes in this top post. (I reserve the right to exclude votes based on suspected sock puppet accounts.)

If anyone plans to play this match, please post that you plan to. Others may want to wait to see a play report before voting.

If both players agree to play this out instead of having the community vote, then the vote will be ignored and the results of that match will stand.

Voting ends December 19, 2015, 3:00pm EST (New York time).
spryguy1981
Posted: Tuesday, December 15, 2015 3:21:07 PM
Groups: Member

Played 2 games on my map with this matchup and Scum won both. The first match I played a little more aggressive and attempted to take stuff down such as the shield. Zam being far away and able to shoot from a good LoS is huge on my map coming from the right side.

2nd game was closer as I played A and E with caution. In the end though Scum was a winner 210-103. I used the mobility of the Rebel Squad to dart in and out, but once shield saves went in the wrong direction I had to approach. Managed to kill everything on the Scum side except for Grievous, Zam, and the Squib. I think in the end Zam and Grievous is very hard to handle with this. I'll run a test or 2 on Jason's map also to see if the result vary at all.
urbanjedi
Posted: Tuesday, December 15, 2015 10:10:04 PM

not sure why the AE player would let you have the right. It is almost certain death to let Zam be on the right. With AE on the right R9 becomes a spot in gambit that Zam can't shoot unless she gets really close. So rd 1 you move the Speeder to gambit then rd 2 back it out and probably put Lando in gambit. In the game I played, the rebels kept the seps out of gambit most of the game and won on the back of that. Rd 1 was just moving up and staying in formation. Rd 2 Speeder moves back, Lando takes over Gambit, Grevios moves up on the other side of the wall, the droids stay back, the wookiees run in and triple whiff on grevious (even with wicket close by). Rd 3 see Zam blow up 2 wookiees, the droids take out the third with combined fire, shada did 10 to the speeder, and Grevious takes some heavy damage after the speeder runs up. Rd 4 REbels win init and finish of grevious, and push forward. A deflect of a 50 damage shot and one of Zams shots on the speeder keeps the damage to the speeder manageable. Rebels then work over Shada and one of the snipers. Rd 5, speeder falls as does Lando (stupid Zam 50 damage shots) and Han starts taking some damage and the 2 droids fall. This leaves Zam and the squib vs Damaged Han, Leia and some Mon Cals with the REbels at 5 rds of gambit to none. No mater what happens in rd 6, rebels get gambit and win the game so I stopped.

Also played this out on Ruined Base. I assume that the Seps would take the inside as it gives Zam some insane lines (as well as the droids) but not entirely sure. Rd 1, Seps move up some, while the Speeder takes Gambit and everyone else moves up out of LOS. Rd 2 Seps again don't do too much but manage to get Grevious to the turbolift and surrounded by the shield guy, shada and the snipers. Rebels keep gambit and keep working to stay out of LOS. RD 3 is where it starts to go down. When Just Zam is left, LAndspeeder smashes in and hits/misses the sniper, sHada takes 20. Then Zam does 20 to the speeder, then wookiees bash in and do Finish of Shada and do 30 to the sniper (wicket is up in the thick of it) and then Leia runs up and lets the landspeeder shoot again finishing the sniper. Rebs win init and LEia gives up the free attack to take out the SPotter. Zam blows up 2 wookiees, and Grevious goes to wheel and does 40 to the remaining wookiee, and 60 to the speeder. REbels sac 2 mon cals to base the snipers to stop them from shooting anything useful and the rebels pound on grevious and get him down to 20. Rebels move more mon cals up to keep basing the snipers.

Rd4 is where I played it out 2 ways. If rebs win init, Leia goes where she can shoot Grevious (mon cals combine fire and she kills grevious) and then the landspeeder kills the 50 HP droid, leaving Zam and one remaining droid who both have to shoot dumb mon cals. Best case would be to hope the ugo could kill the one adjacent to Zam so Zam could have a chance to kill the speeder fighting through both draw fire (droids) and a Deflect. Even if that all works out Han and Lando can take care of last droid and then the rebels just start retreating to the protected gambit and Zam dies a horrid death.

Now if Seps win init, then it is more interesting. Grevious kills the speeder, and probably does 40 to the droids. then LEia does the same trick killing grevious and give the attack to Han who can then kill the 40 HP droid, which then lets the seps kill the droids with Zam. Then Lando gets to do 30 to the droid that is left. Then init rolls around and if the rebels win Han takes out the last droid and then proceed back to the original plan, and retreat to gambit, and that works even if the seps win the rd 5 init as the best they could do would be killing the last mon cal and maybe wicket. That lets the same end result play out with the death of the last droid and then retreating to the safety of gambit.

Might try playing this out if the Seps take the outside instead of the inside and hopefilly spry and I can get a chance to play a couple games or walkthroughs on vassal to see which squad is better over the long haul (not just a game or 2)
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, December 15, 2015 10:21:38 PM

Can someone re post the squads?
urbanjedi
Posted: Tuesday, December 15, 2015 10:59:13 PM

Grevious HOH
Zam
3x Sniper
Spotter
Shada
Squib
Vet Uggie

Landspeeder
HanTaun
Leia
Droids
3x WFF
Lando DS
Wicket
5x Mon Cal dorks
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, December 18, 2015 1:27:34 PM

Looks like the play tests are coming back even. Really close, but at this point I'd vote A&E.
spryguy1981
Posted: Friday, December 18, 2015 2:39:50 PM

Ran this test again from my map this time taking the left hand side which is the weaker side for me. Played out over 6 rounds and I still won even though both squads went over 200 on the last turn after gaining gambit. I had Zam left with Full HP, Lando was at 40 HP, Han was at 60HP. 215-206 was the final score that I had for this match. Wookiees killed Spotter, and a Sniper, as Shada took 70 early from Han before I Could get her safely on the droids. One Mon Cal hit and died from a shield save, Leia took 20 from a shield save also, but her CE allowed Luke to kill the other droid. It was super close as evidenced by a 215-206 Sep victory. I am playing on Ruined Base now.
spryguy1981
Posted: Friday, December 18, 2015 3:18:29 PM

Ran this on Jason's map this time with me taking left putting him on the right.

Round 1 lots of positioning Landspeeder to gambit, Han is able to put 30 on Shada after A and E gets right door open. BXs pile into the turbolift for gambit.

Round 2 Han and Leia are able to take Shada down to 10 as I move her to a bodyguarding position. BX takes out a wookiees, Wookiees charge spotter puts 30 and then rolls a 1. Zam is able to take out Lando with a failed Evade and a Mon Cal.

Round 3 Han kills a BX off the shield and Leia cannons him to take down Shada. Zam takes down Han. Landspeeder puts 40 on another BX. Grievous kills a Wookiee and the Spotter kills one with Gauntlet Knife that had already taken damage.

Round 4 is the key round as Scum wins init and I am able to move up the SNiper and Spotter to draw a shot on Leia and kill her. Landespeeder kills the Spotter and mobiles back to gambit. Zam kills r2p0 with Sniper and her double + final shot. 2 Mon Cals try to take down the 10HP BX, Grievous is able to Spinning Blade them both down.

Round 5 I just move up killing all but the Landspeeder and a Mon Cal and taking gambit. Landspeeder kills the 10HP BX.

Round 6 Landspeeder puts 40 on Grievous but at this point scum goes over 200 and wins.
jerjerrod4
Posted: Friday, December 18, 2015 3:28:34 PM

Going with Scum and Villainy.
urbanjedi
Posted: Friday, December 18, 2015 11:41:16 PM

Really wish Spry were around and we could give a few walkthroughs.

But I do have a couple of questions

In rd 2, where the heck was Lando that he started the Rd where Zam could see him? With Mobile, Lando should almost never be able to be shot at.

In rd 4, did the Bx fail its Draw Fire save from the droids?

I do believe that this is a very close match (on either map), but with even dice that AE has the slightest edge because it has slightly more acts, doesn't suffer from heavy weapon, has slightly more mobility (speed 8,10, charging assault and the canon shot) and has a built in Canon shot that can kill any of the BXs with one Canon shot. More importantly, it has the higher costed piece meaning that it can sit back and make the opp come to them in any sort of cagey match.
juice man
Posted: Saturday, December 19, 2015 6:07:33 AM

Have to go with SaV. Energy Shield, Stealth and cloaked.
Oh! The intuition on those BX's can be brutal.
jak
Posted: Saturday, December 19, 2015 6:13:47 AM

juice man wrote:

still having BX nightmares, Juicy?LOL
juice man
Posted: Saturday, December 19, 2015 6:19:05 AM

jak wrote:
juice man wrote:

still having BX nightmares, Juicy?LOL
Yep.
spryguy1981
Posted: Saturday, December 19, 2015 6:41:11 AM

Lando sniped the Veteran Uggie that I left exposed. He was in cover but not low cover and was 2nd closest so I had 1 shot to get him and he failed his evade. It was the first activation of that round. Yes I made the draw fire save and with 50HP Leia is one shotted.
CorellianComedian
Posted: Saturday, December 19, 2015 9:37:05 AM

Ouch, tough match! I think I have to vote with SaV, but could totally go either way.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Saturday, December 19, 2015 5:00:11 PM

Scum wins it, 4-2.