RegisterDonateLogin

It's against Bloo Milk's programming to impersonate a deity.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Transformers! (hopefully new post of a GGDAC squad) Options
ewokballs88
Posted: Wednesday, June 24, 2009 6:11:29 PM
Groups: Member

I know this team seems simple but it can actually work pretty well. Here it goes, hopefully no one has used this idea.

General Grievous, Droid Army Commander
T1 Series Bulk Loader Droid x6 ( yes i said 6)
Gha Nachkt
R4, Astromech Droid
Ugnaught Demolitionist

So how bout this one. General grievous gives the t1's a 19 def, a 12 att, and twin. For a 21 cost they will have 140 hp, 19 def, 12 att, and 40 dam, with twin and double!!! They will be able to take many hits and survive and hopefully gha nachkt will help repair giving them just one more round to surive and do some more damage. R4 will hopefully lower their defense and make it easier for the t1's to hit and an uggie demo just for an extra activation and maybe some door help. So 10 activations, an amazing amount of potential damage output, and almost unlimited hp. To tell the truth I really dont need anythin else just getting these guys in the mix. If i get out activated at long range who cares Ill move in and then be able to attack. So please tell me how this squad looks im open to any comments because of how funny this team is.
AdmiralAckbar
Posted: Thursday, June 25, 2009 1:24:55 AM

It does have a great damage output but here are things and can do well against some Melee based squads.

Self Destruct- Like Kel dor's they will be able to shoot and run and get damage then once you base them you hit but then take 40 damage yourself.

Also I would watch out for heavy cannon squads with there high damage output and mobile evade they will be able to drop 1 to 2 T1s a round and still stay within distance. Going agaisnt Boba Mercenary would be the worst because he will never allow you to attack.
Lancer Squads may be trouble but with your high Health points I am not too worried.
swmimperial130
Posted: Thursday, June 25, 2009 2:54:53 AM

Jawa Scavengers with Czerka and gonks kill droids.
billiv15
Posted: Thursday, June 25, 2009 3:14:35 AM

Why would you use an R4 over a BDO? They are basically the same cost (drop one T-1 for an Ig-86) and the +4 remains universal, hidden, and a much longer benefit not requiring targeting.

I also find Darth Sidious to be of great help to T1 squads, as this allows you to run and hit when you need to.
awesome
Posted: Thursday, June 25, 2009 3:23:01 AM

Id drop a few things for a Geonosian overseer and a battle droid officer,(and possably a battle droid commander)

with the Geonosian and BDO they get another 4 attack and gain double attack, and with the BDC they get yet another 4 attack so they would be at a +20 for 160 damage.
mercenary_moose
Posted: Thursday, June 25, 2009 4:21:25 AM

Genosian would be solid gold in this squad. Also, I don't see anything that could stop a Lancer from running circles around you. A good shooter is needed in here to prevent that. If you have the points, bring in Dash.
swinefeld
Posted: Thursday, June 25, 2009 4:42:20 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

billiv15 wrote:
Why would you use an R4 over a BDO? They are basically the same cost (drop one T-1 for an Ig-86) and the +4 remains universal, hidden, and a much longer benefit not requiring targeting.

I also find Darth Sidious to be of great help to T1 squads, as this allows you to run and hit when you need to.

In case Bill's comment about Sidious wasn't clear to anyone, you use Pawn of the Dark Side to run the T1 up to base, then it swings away on it's normal turn. Heavy Weapon prevents the T1 from doing both on its own turn.

Lift is useful for movement also, but then you are replacing attacks from the other T1s.
swinefeld
Posted: Thursday, June 25, 2009 4:44:51 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

mercenary_moose wrote:
Genosian would be solid gold in this squad. Also, I don't see anything that could stop a Lancer from running circles around you. A good shooter is needed in here to prevent that. If you have the points, bring in Dash.

The Geonosian is definitely a great addition, but also must be protected like a BDO due to low HP. So look at including a Mouse Droid or two as well.
vanlanning
Posted: Thursday, June 25, 2009 5:50:40 AM

gha isn't very essential as he doesn't make up for his cost.
ewokballs88
Posted: Thursday, June 25, 2009 9:17:19 AM

thanks for the posts. okay i did have the bdo at first but i didnt think his attack bonus would stack with grievous's, but guess im not completely sure with the rules. I forgot to put the genosian in there Tongue. And i will put up a new revised version shortly so please comment on it thanks.