battle droid officer-9
Mouse droidsX2-6
IG-86(cw)-17
Geonosian overseer-16
Security battle droid-8
Lobot CLO-15
Uggie Demo-3

-198-

first off the Lancer gets 2 turns doing +18 for 40 each this will wipe out pretty much all GOWK reinforcements, and maybe even hit GOWK himself

than once GOWK has moved the IG-86 is at a +21 for 120 this is very useful for taking him out, and it will usually do around 1-0 hits but wasting 1-2 of his FP's at a time,

the security BD is for if he hasnt gone, and the mouses are for getting in the way when his support is actually still living

Lobot is for door control and getting Dash Rendar(ie) in there or an IG-86 and something else if its needed

and the uggie is for extra door control

and Sid is there so you can Pawn the Lancer or do auto damage to GOWK and so that Grievous when he misses can reroll at least 1 miss.

I played this squad vs a few GOWK squads and it beat all(note I was playtesting against my self and played both teams equally hard)

I know that he is probably going to get banned but if he doesnt this is still a good anti-GOWK squad
mercenary_moose
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2009 8:25:35 AM
Groups: Member

It is an OK GOWK-slayer (no one really has a "good" Obi-K killing squad), but with very little direct damage, GOWK will be giving you fits as your attacks bounce off of him like pistol rounds off a battleship hull.
awesome
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2009 8:30:24 AM

nah, killing off most of his squad support with the lancer and he isnt going to save every SSM because the thing about GGDAC squads is they have high attack and damage output there really isnt much that GOWK could do about it.
mercenary_moose
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2009 8:36:37 AM

Do you realize how much havoc GOWK's boosted support can wreak in a short amount of time? I've seen otherwise fine squads obliberated by Gen. Obi builds in as little as 5 rounds. Yes, in just 5 rounds, I've seen tourney builds decimated and running for their life from GOWK's boys. Remember the the Dash Buzzsaw or Rex can dump that Lancer in one round pretty easily, ruining your squad almost immediately by taking out the centerpiece. I'm not trying to rip you just to be mean, I'm just saying that I don't think that this squad can be Obi-Wan on a consistent basis.
awesome
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2009 8:42:02 AM

but just the opposite could happen to GOWK squads, dash and rex and all other support could be wiped out in 1 round to,

and if rex wants a clean shot he'd have to get in the open and get activated opening it up for the IG-86 to dump on whoever wants to get near. or in site.
dnemiller
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2009 9:29:11 AM

your kidding right???

I mean seriously. This squads is good on its merits but it is not a perfect anti gowk squad. most people that run a Gowk squad have reinforcements built in.... I think you would have a tough day against the jawa scavenger and possbily rex and dash.

Edit: I see that is a 200 point build much like the one I ran in December when I was in Lamar.

At 200 I think you are in even bigger trouble as I think your opponent then has room for 3 JWm's or JWM and Anakin CON. I think at that point he would practically invite you to strafe and set it up where you would have to go after the JWM's. Then they Riposte at +16 I think it would be bad for your lancer. Your lancer would only have to be hit 2 twice or with one twin. After the 10 dmg from the Pawn it would be gone.
awesome
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2009 9:35:02 AM

but they have low hp, it would be up to who goes first for the win really, because 24-48 squares is easy to go through.

it would be close,

and besides there is no such thing as completely perfect,

but most of the time when I play tested this squad vs GOWK it usually won
dnemiller
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2009 9:47:41 AM

awesome wrote:
but they have low hp, it would be up to who goes first for the win really, because 24-48 squares is easy to go through.

it would be close,

and besides there is no such thing as completely perfect,

but most of the time when I play tested this squad vs GOWK it usually won

They have 90 hit points how is that low. Your strafe can only do 40 dmg!!! So they are at 50 and your Lancer is dead. I will take those odds all day long. You number one mechanic to your entire squad is dead and gone. I certainly could live with that.
awesome
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2009 9:55:22 AM

actually its 80 damage, but I was talking about dash, r2, rex, they would die from that 80 damage at a +18, and they are well worth the points if my lancer does go down
dnemiller
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2009 10:17:48 AM

awesome wrote:
actually its 80 damage, but I was talking about dash, r2, rex, they would die from that 80 damage at a +18, and they are well worth the points if my lancer does go down

80 on one strafe???? really explain that to me because I apparently know absolutely nothing about this game. How do you manage that. The overseer cannot give you double on a strafe so it could not be that. So how are you getting that off????
Mickey
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2009 10:24:43 AM

He's talking about Sidious' Pawn ability.
dnemiller
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2009 10:57:48 AM

Mickey wrote:

Oh I get that. But it does not happen simultaneously. So he would have to survive the first strafe. again all it takes is 2 hits from the JWM to kill the lancer. The pawn would happen first (generally speaking) so if 2 hit there is not a second strafe. You can defend a strafe it is possible. You can set it up where you can dictate a how you squad can survive. So it is possible.

I try when playing a game out in my head not to assume my opponent is an idiot. So making the assumption that someone would allow the strafe to happen just as he dictates hopes it would.

Second judging by what he posted in the other thread I am not sure he is clear how strafes works in the first place.
joelker41
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2009 11:04:40 AM

dnemiller wrote:
[quote=Mickey]Second judging by what he posted in the other thread I am not sure he is clear how strafes works in the first place.

Half of what he posts suggests he is unclear on more than just that.

You are telling me with a straight face that a squad with 1 quality attacker besides the Lancer (the IG) and a situational attacker (Sidious) and a really overcosted melee figure if being used a fighter (Grievous) can really stand up to a 200 point GOWK squad?

GOWK isn't tier 1 at 200, most people can agree to that so clearly he is lacking in that respect, other than that I would say the OP clearly shows little knowledge of GOWK or what is commonly run with him.

I would love to see what even a single JWM could do vs that let alone the two or three some versions have in 200.

awesome
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2009 11:56:03 AM

dnemiller wrote:
Mickey wrote:

Oh I get that. But it does not happen simultaneously. So he would have to survive the first strafe. again all it takes is 2 hits from the JWM to kill the lancer. The pawn would happen first (generally speaking) so if 2 hit there is not a second strafe. You can defend a strafe it is possible. You can set it up where you can dictate a how you squad can survive. So it is possible.

I try when playing a game out in my head not to assume my opponent is an idiot. So making the assumption that someone would allow the strafe to happen just as he dictates hopes it would.

Second judging by what he posted in the other thread I am not sure he is clear how strafes works in the first place.

like I said earlier, I dont have to attack all pieces I move over, so I wont be attacking the JWM's with strafe, and usually in most cases GOWK squads have 80 hp and below so it is easy to kill most,

I am not unclear about the game, I know GOWK squads are hard to beat, so dont go saying things you dont know,

this squad will go well against a GOWK squad it will be close, in the games I played GOWK vs This the GGDAC one beat out most of the time(granted I didnt have a JWM because #1 I forgot about them and #2 I have no clue what they do :P)

I do understand that you think that the JWM's will save the day but I dont have to attack them with the Lancer, they are melee so they have to be in sight to attack.
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2009 12:09:20 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Actually, if you use Strafe during movement, you must attack any character you move through. Just FYI...
awesome
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2009 12:13:33 PM

@imyurhukaberry were is the rule, please give me a link.

I thought that you could choose to attack who you wanted, because its the same with djem so you have to roll the save but you could choose if you wanted to attack.
Joruus_Cbaoth
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2009 12:16:36 PM

awesome wrote:
like I said earlier, I dont have to attack all pieces I move over, so I wont be attacking the JWM's with strafe, and usually in most cases GOWK squads have 80 hp and below so it is easy to kill most

That's where you're wrong, which explains why you're not understanding the flaws in your squad. Although Strafe Attack is an optional ability, once you begin using it (which you must declare at the start of your move), you cannot stop using Strafe Attack until you've finished moving. If you want to strafe one piece, you have to strafe them all. Its that simple. Wink

awesome wrote:

...#2 I have no clue what they do :P

Its hard to argue that a piece wont cause troubles or problems with your squad, if you haven't got a clue on what the piece does. The Jedi Weapon Master is (and has been) one of the top jedi in the Republic faction as well as the game for the past two years. Add in GOWK and you've got 2-3 force-sensitive tanks (which is common for a 200 point Republic squad) to plow through enemy forces.

If you're ever interested in a test run of your squad, feel free to get on VASSAL and we can play a couple games. If you don't have VASSAL or cant get it to run, just send me a Bloomail and we can set up a day and time! BigGrin

Edit: Ninja'd.
awesome
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2009 12:24:52 PM

please correct me if im wrong this is what I know that the JWM has

cost 26
hp-90
def-16?
att-12
dam-20

special abilities
melee, double

FP
force 5?
lightsaber assault
block, deflect, riposte, something else I think Im close

but I dont have to enter there square,
besides if I can take out r2, rex, dash Im fine with that

70 points for my 31,

and I doubt youd run more than 2 of them in 1 squad so I wont have to avoid all that much.
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2009 12:32:44 PM

awesome wrote:
@imyurhukaberry were is the rule, please give me a link.

I thought that you could choose to attack who you wanted, because its the same with djem so you have to roll the save but you could choose if you wanted to attack.

Whalaa... (quick forum search of "strafe optional" got this)
http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=1110840&highlight=strafe+optional

Post #3 is what you are looking for...

(Also, notice post #12 as to why Gallop is different)

Now...you can just move around the characters you don't want to attack, just eats up movement that you might need.
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2009 12:34:17 PM

awesome wrote:
please correct me if im wrong this is what I know that the JWM has

cost 26
hp-90
def-16?
att-12
dam-20

special abilities
melee, double

FP
force 5?
lightsaber assault
block, deflect, riposte, something else I think Im close

but I dont have to enter there square,
besides if I can take out r2, rex, dash Im fine with that

70 points for my 31,

and I doubt youd run more than 2 of them in 1 squad so I wont have to avoid all that much.

No offense, but just look under the characters in Republic...