RegisterDonateLogin

Finally got that restraining bolt removed.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Some Tips On Saving Money When Trading Options
Darth Percocet
Posted: Tuesday, June 30, 2009 9:39:01 AM
Groups: Member

Ok i have this thread in the trade section of the forums as well & since this is bloomilk help section i figured i put it here as well. Just some tips i use to save & anyones input is welcome if you have any tips & ideas.

Hey everyone, i figured i would make a thread dedicated to this of what i know is the best ways to save money when your doing alot of trading on here or on WOTC. A friend of mine has this problem & asked me if i had any ideas for the solution so it got me thinking about it & this is what i came up with so far. Now if anyone has any other good ideas people can do, then you should post it on here. It would be really nice to help out our Bloomilk Community & SWM Community in general since we are all like a really big disfunctional family lol.. Remember also, these idea's are at your own expense when doing this, im just here to mearly give some idea's, i suggest doing them with people you've traded with in the past & have a somewhat relationship with someone.Ok heres what i have so far ...

(1) When doing alot of trades online for SWM's & your short on money to send out, you can offer to sell some of your Uc's, C's or maybe even some low valued rare's to pay for your shipping. You can put the money up for the shipping & just have it returned to you by doing this when the traders package gets to you. I know people who have done this & were pretty successful in doing so.
------------------------------------
(2) Recycle on packages you recieve in previous trades. I know everyone probably does this. I know i do nothing but this. When recieving a trade take caution & care in opening the package you recieved so your able to recycle it once again.

(3) Instead of going out & spending money on materials for trading such as Packing Nuts, Baggies, Sleeves & Top Loaders. You can #1 recycle them or #2 make use of house hold items to get your materials. For packing peanuts to take up the space you have in your box, i would say use Paper towels or Tissue (Of Course Unused lol). This is what i do when i have no packing nuts. Now if your figure is not new & you have no mini figure ziplock baggies, i find using sandwhich bags work, you can wrap them up with it & they stay pretty secure. Now i also first wrap them in tissue before i put them in a sandwhich baggie to get the make protection of the figure. Now sleeves & top loaders there isnt any way i know of to create these lol so try recycling them from previos trades & if not, than taking a piece of blank white CPU paper can do the trick. I've ordered from WWW.coolstuffinc.com & they've done this. Stack all stat cards in a pile & lay them on the paper, next fold the paper around the cards so that the whole deck is covered from corner to corner. Now when you place it in a box it should stay secure. I suggest do this if you are completely out of top loaders & sleeves.

(4) Now this one is up to the person you are trading with, at some times if you have traded with someone in the past you dont have money for a delivery confirmation #, then sometimes the person you are trading with will let you not have to put one on the package your sending. Now i suggest doing this with someone you've had a few trades with in the past & i wouldnt come out and ask people for this fore it will be bad communication skills in my book. You have to understand that some people will be waiting for your package to come before they have to A) go somewhere / vacation B) wait for yours to send out another C) just want the security of having a DC# in place. To where they might ask you to put a DC# on your package. Now dont get mad at this, & take it as no sign of disrespect, its just the recipients choice & you need to respect there choice because they are involved in the trade as well.

(5 - Trade Master Chuckafett Adds)
Another tip for recycling boxes and helping others out; Instead of just taping the box closed (and then taping and having the post office sticker addresses and postage over the outside of the box as well) wrap your box in two pieces of plain white paper. I find that all that sticky stuff on the box ruins it, often times after one use. If you use paper on the outside of the box the next guy can use the box again, saving everyone a little money!
(Darth Percocet Adds On To 5)
yea, thats more of helping out your fella trade, i just started doing that recently too because i had alot of boxes come in with the priorty mail tape on it & if i would of put it in the PO like that it would of been sent out as priorty, & if you rip it off like you said it ruins the box to where someone might get a one more time use out of it, by wrapping it in white paper it stays new yea that is a good idea chuck.. thanx

(6 - ithai Adds)
As far as shipping labels my suggestion is to buy a lot of them in a package at a office supply store or walmart. But once you make a trade you will always have boxes, and packing material. Good suggestions for those who are new at trading.
My best tip is always ship first class don't let the post office dudes upgrade you. I have sent packages to Washington state from Missouri and had them arrive in 3-4 days.

(Darth Percocet Adds On To 6)
Also if you have a printer what i do is open note pad or word pad & type in the person address your sending to along with your address & print it out, cut it out & tap it on the box.. lol now thats saving some money...

(7 - defender390 Adds)
I suppose that this might just be personal preference, but when I started trading I quickly learned to start trying for larger trades to get the most out of the postage
(Darth Percocet Adds On To 7)

See i have the problem myself of when confirming a trade with someone, not fully completing it meaning after the packages have been sent. So i would say when trading with someone, go through there collection theroly this way you can work out all figures right from the get go so your not scraping around for a box & some extra money to send a different box

Now remember these idea's are at your own expense when doing this, im just here to mearly give some idea's, i suggest doing them with people you've traded with in the past & have a somewhat relationship with someone Now if anyone else has some simple idea's to save with how the echonomy is then share your idea. Thank you everyone for listening to me blab on lol..