RegisterDonateLogin

Handy Tip: Frozen Bloo Milk cubes make great damage markers.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

GOWK is banned. And after? Options
krux
Posted: Friday, July 3, 2009 7:25:56 AM
Groups: Member

Ok, GOWK is banned Sad. Without GOWK, I think Republic is less competitive in the META. GMY (Grand Master Yoda) looks a little fragile to me. Rebels and New Republic look better. They have the awesome Evade/Mobile CE + lot of Direct Damage. Luke's Snowspeeder is still great and the new Kol is very good. Some Imperial squads are competitive too (Viable, TBSV Cannon...) So I only can see 3 competitive factions at present. JA does not bring much to the META-game. What's your opinion? Thanks for your comments.
xx carna6e xx
Posted: Friday, July 3, 2009 7:36:01 AM

krux wrote:
Ok, GOWK is banned Sad. Without GOWK, I think Republic is no longer competitive in the META (or at least less competitive). GMY (Grand Master Yoda) looks a little fragile to me. Rebels and New Republic look better. They have the awesome Evade/Mobile CE + lot of Direct Damage. Luke's Snowspeeder is still great and the new Kol is very good. Some Imperial squads are competitive too (Viable, TBSV Cannon...) So I only can see 3 competitive factions at present. JA does not bring much to the META-game. What's your opinion? Thanks for your comments.

how exactly is the new yoda fragile? 22 def and lightsaber defense ensure he won't take alot of damage
seibermaki
Posted: Friday, July 3, 2009 7:43:08 AM

Yoda's lightsaber throw sounded pretty cool.
krux
Posted: Friday, July 3, 2009 7:53:46 AM

xx carna6e xx wrote:
krux wrote:
Ok, GOWK is banned Sad. Without GOWK, I think Republic is less competitive in the META. GMY (Grand Master Yoda) looks a little fragile to me. Rebels and New Republic look better. They have the awesome Evade/Mobile CE + lot of Direct Damage. Luke's Snowspeeder is still great and the new Kol is very good. Some Imperial squads are competitive too (Viable, TBSV Cannon...) So I only can see 3 competitive factions at present. JA does not bring much to the META-game. What's your opinion? Thanks for your comments.

how exactly is the new yoda fragile? 22 def and lightsaber defense ensure he won't take alot of damage

I think the Soresu Style Mastery+MOTF2+Mettle is by far more effective than the Lightsaber Defense. I like Yoda's offensive capacities though. Need to be played tested... Too bad that GMY can't be swapped (small base). And sure, Yobuck can't be played with GMY. Thanks for your comments
Jonnyb815
Posted: Friday, July 3, 2009 8:04:22 AM

hmmm seps can be played with GOWK gone.Seps have droids and living squads aka the new asajj. Republic is still at top (Dark Woman,the new qui-gon,new yoda) Yodabuck swap can come back. WEW gree rex isnt top tier anymore but its still a tier 2 squad. gungans can be top tier vs other than yodabuck and lancer.
so seps,NR,empire,rebels,and Republic. Vong,OR,and Sith arent far behind. Locally I could play any faction and do well with it.

Vong isnt top tier but they got a big boost.
Capin_ahab
Posted: Friday, July 3, 2009 8:09:55 AM

Where was he banned? I have seen no conformation of this.
krux
Posted: Friday, July 3, 2009 8:15:58 AM

Jonnyb815 wrote:
hmmm seps can be played with GOWK gone.Seps have droids and living squads aka the new asajj. Republic is still at top (Dark Woman,the new qui-gon,new yoda) Yodabuck swap can come back. WEW gree rex isnt top tier anymore but its still a tier 2 squad. gungans can be top tier vs other than yodabuck and lancer.
so seps,NR,empire,rebels,and Republic. Vong,OR,and Sith arent far behind. Locally I could play any faction and do well with it.

Vong isnt top tier but they got a big boost.

Thanks for your opinion, really interesting
IG-108
Posted: Friday, July 3, 2009 8:18:47 AM

krux wrote:

How is Republic that much less Competitive without GOWK? It was very competitive before (Mas Amedda, tons of unique Jedi, dozens of commander effects, Commandos, Gungan sheildbearers, ect.) GOWK made it even better. And they're going to get more stuff. JA helped them, and the current rumor is that Galaxy at War set is going to be Clone Wars heavy. So they'll get even more stuff. Republic is in now way that much less competitive in the meta.
As for what I think are the three most competitive factions? Seps are my favorite, and GGDAC makes them so much more useful. But I think that Empire, New Republic are the top two. Republic and Rebels are tied for me in third. At least, those are the three factions I see used most of tournaments.
krux
Posted: Friday, July 3, 2009 8:20:25 AM

Capin_ahab wrote:
Where was he banned? I have seen no conformation of this.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Forums/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=1888&p=9
krux
Posted: Friday, July 3, 2009 8:23:25 AM

IG-108 wrote:
How is Republic that much less Competitive without GOWK? It was very competitive before (Mas Amedda, tons of unique Jedi, dozens of commander effects, Commandos, Gungan sheildbearers, ect.) GOWK made it even better. And they're going to get more stuff. JA helped them, and the current rumor is that Galaxy at War set is going to be Clone Wars heavy. So they'll get even more stuff. Republic is in now way that much less competitive in the meta.
As for what I think are the three most competitive factions? Seps are my favorite, and GGDAC makes them so much more useful. But I think that Empire, New Republic are the top two. Republic and Rebels are tied for me in third. At least, those are the three factions I see used most of tournaments.

Cool, i think that Empire, New Republic and Rebels are the most competitive. But Republic and Seps are not far... Hope Galaxy at War will rock!
Sithborg
Posted: Friday, July 3, 2009 8:38:36 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

Republic is now free to be varied, rather than just GOWK squads. Yoda may be more fragile, but let me assure you, Ataru Mastery/Throw 3 makes him much more offensive than Obi. Republic was quite competitive post Clone Wars, without Obi-wan being broken. Yodabuck and Rex were making them a force to be reckoned with. Now with Yoda, Dark Woman, and Antarian Rangers, they are still quite powerful. Republic players will just have to be a bit more creative than Obi+R2+other to be top teir.
strate_jakit
Posted: Friday, July 3, 2009 9:00:05 AM

yoda is a great replacement for gowk. i pulled yoda on the first day ja was out and used him in several battles, usually paired with jensaarai, and he tore up everything my friend used genoharadans, dash rs, vader lotf, and both mandalores. yodas easily a better offensively than gowk and can defend well enough, i think republic is still very competive without gowk
seibermaki
Posted: Friday, July 3, 2009 9:05:12 AM

krux wrote:
IG-108 wrote:

Cool, i think that Empire, New Republic and Rebels are the most competitive. But Republic and Seps are not far... Hope Galaxy at War will rock!

what's Galaxy At War?
RannKonnar
Posted: Friday, July 3, 2009 9:43:31 AM

[/quote]what's Galaxy At War?[/quote]

The next set coming out.
Its gonna have a bunch of generals like Plo Koon.
Volvagia14
Posted: Friday, July 3, 2009 12:05:30 PM

finnaly! He's banned...

*phew*

no more 10+ threads talking and complaining, wondering and hoping...he is gone...

now we can get back to running our lives like normal boys and girls without all the *this and that* of GOWK

plus GM Yoda is a heck of alot better :)
StriderRe80
Posted: Friday, July 3, 2009 12:16:15 PM

Volvagia14 wrote:

blasted straight he is more offensive and has better force powers
Dr. Destructo
Posted: Friday, July 3, 2009 12:17:13 PM

I don't know, have you looked at the boards, I think there are just as many GOWK threads now than beforeBigGrin
Volvagia14
Posted: Friday, July 3, 2009 12:18:42 PM

SHHHHHHH!

don't let them know....
Sithborg
Posted: Friday, July 3, 2009 12:18:54 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

Volvagia14 wrote:
finnaly! He's banned...

*phew*

no more 10+ threads talking and complaining, wondering and hoping...he is gone...

now we can get back to running our lives like normal boys and girls without all the *this and that* of GOWK

No, we will get 5 threads crying about how he is banned, and we will get 5 threads on Boba, BH, 5 threads on Riekan, 5 threads on Dodonna, 5 threads on Mas, 5 threads on R2, and 5 threads on Thrawn to be banned.
IG-108
Posted: Friday, July 3, 2009 12:35:32 PM

Sithborg wrote:
Volvagia14 wrote:
finnaly! He's banned...

*phew*

No, we will get 5 threads crying about how he is banned, and we will get 5 threads on Boba, BH, 5 threads on Riekan, 5 threads on Dodonna, 5 threads on Mas, 5 threads on R2, and 5 threads on Thrawn to be banned.

That's my biggest fear. Now that it's been proven that a piece can get banned in SWM, who's next? I've heard rumors of whiners who want Boba BH, Thrawn, GGDAC, and so many others who should also be banned because they say that they're all "broken" and such.