RegisterDonateLogin

The fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Reboot Week 6 Sith Options
CerousMutor
Posted: Saturday, May 14, 2016 7:36:36 AM
Groups: Member

surf_rider56 wrote:
Did Jak mention a time frame for the contest? I suspect I'm running out of whatever time we have ......Mellow

There might be loads, I could be panicking needlessly
CorellianComedian
Posted: Saturday, May 14, 2016 7:40:42 AM

surf_rider56 wrote:
Did Jak mention a time frame for the contest? I suspect I'm running out of whatever time we have ......Mellow

If I'm not mistaken, we just 'skipped a week.' I think the round officially starts Monday, and then goes on a normal time frame from there.
CorellianComedian
Posted: Saturday, May 14, 2016 7:41:50 AM

From the weak 5 thread:

jak wrote:
surf_rider56 wrote:
Create a new thread (and move Githany over there) Donny; seems like we should "officially" start next week; it'll give everyone who's been dealing with issues a chance to catch up to everything going on.

done & doneWink
surf_rider56
Posted: Saturday, May 14, 2016 3:42:14 PM

Well, frankly as I said earlier, I was simply going to go back in time and use my Sith Agitator from about 3 years ago, a modest 12 pt piece that I kind of liked, but the Force was speaking to everyone else. I'd recently redid a Nihilus that was closer to the "World Killer" that he was potrayed as, but Jak said no repeats.

Well, I always say, Go Big or Go Home ....

Valkorion, Sith Emperor of the Eternal Empire

He was as close to an eternal Sith as anyone, he kicked Revan's ass with hardly a blink, and frankly in the back of my head I'd been thinking could Anyone have taken on Abeloth singlehandedly and won?

No, this is Not meant to be played; just another mental exercise, but it is thought provoking .....

Edit - It bothers me to No End that of the six figures we've been asked to create, I've made Epics of three of them (yes Plo was so overpowered as far as I'm concerned he counts and I hate Epics) that I couldn't leave the Emperor as my entry .... lets go with ....

Haazen the Deceiver

This is Haazen at the moment of his betrayal; his Sith Artifacts are what Wook says they could do so what can I say

Peace,

Surf
Lafcadio
Posted: Saturday, May 14, 2016 9:14:45 PM

Here's mine:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/25481/darth-gean

I'm not terribly familiar with extended universe Star Wars, so I just looked up sith on wookiepedia and tried to find some that hadn't been made into minis yet. And this is the one I settled on.

Feedback is very much appreciated. Especially in the area of pricing.
surf_rider56
Posted: Sunday, May 15, 2016 7:10:54 AM

Lafcadio wrote:
Here's mine:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/25481/darth-gean

I'm not terribly familiar with extended universe Star Wars, so I just looked up sith on wookiepedia and tried to find some that hadn't been made into minis yet. And this is the one I settled on.

Feedback is very much appreciated. Especially in the area of pricing.

Like Devoted. Where's this "Conditional Renewal" Naarkon was talking about? The stats + Force 5 alone make her base cost at 22; add in everything else and she's closer to 41-44 pts. Don't know the character as Naark said so can't comment on that ....
Lafcadio
Posted: Sunday, May 15, 2016 10:43:22 AM

surf_rider56 wrote:

Like Devoted. Where's this "Conditional Renewal" Naarkon was talking about? The stats + Force 5 alone make her base cost at 22; add in everything else and she's closer to 41-44 pts. Don't know the character as Naark said so can't comment on that ....

The "conditional renewal" is part of "Ferocious.

Here is a link to Darth Gean on Wookiepedia if anyone is interested. It's pretty short, but this is where I got the ideas for her abilities etc:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Gean

And thanks to all who have already given some feedback! I plan to implement it!
surf_rider56
Posted: Sunday, May 15, 2016 11:46:52 AM

Lafcadio wrote:
surf_rider56 wrote:

The "conditional renewal" is part of "Ferocious.

Here is a link to Darth Gean on Wookiepedia if anyone is interested. It's pretty short, but this is where I got the ideas for her abilities etc:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Gean

And thanks to all who have already given some feedback! I plan to implement it!

Ahhh.... my mistake on the Ferocious bit; I didn't read it all, mistaking it for a Vicious variation. Renewal 2 would jack the price up another 3-4 Sad
CerousMutor
Posted: Monday, May 16, 2016 4:11:49 AM

surf_rider56 wrote:

Haazen the Deceiver

This is Haazen at the moment of his betrayal; his Sith Artifacts are what Wook says they could do so what can I say

Peace,

Surf

Jeezus! Haazan is a pain is'nt he!
donnyrides
Posted: Monday, May 16, 2016 6:40:03 AM

CerousMutor wrote:
http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/9225/saes-rrogon

My entry, no real time to work on a new Sith so here is one of may early ones.
From the FREAKING AMAZING Crosscurrent novel Saes saved his entire ship, the Harbinger, after it got caught in a hyperspace accident that catapulted it through time from the Old Republic to the Legacy/FOTJ novel series.
Jedi/Sith Clones Thrawn secret experiments!
Amazing novel.

If it's on audio book and I can pirate it from youtube, I'll check it out on. Have you read the Bane books? They are fantastic.
surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, May 16, 2016 8:55:47 AM

CerousMutor wrote:
surf_rider56 wrote:

Haazen the Deceiver

Jeezus! Haazan is a pain is'nt he!

Naww, he can be wiped out with missles; anything that has sight instead of range 6. He'd need to be used very carefully.

I just noticed; we seem to have about 9 entries already; other than GG (who may be busy and/or sitting this one out) is there anyone else looking to get in? Jak, is GG still running "Civil War: Imperial vs Republic?"
spryguy1981
Posted: Monday, May 16, 2016 1:43:50 PM

GG isn't running it anymore. We ended the campaign last week and have decided not to finish the final round.
CerousMutor
Posted: Wednesday, May 18, 2016 5:47:46 AM

So is nobody picking this back up?
surf_rider56
Posted: Wednesday, May 18, 2016 6:05:10 AM

CerousMutor wrote:
So is nobody picking this back up?

I suspect since we're all thinking we're "back to normal" that nobody has anything to say until we start voting on Friday; unless we start critiquing, we're just in a holding pattern and everybody is busy with finals/Regionals ....

Unless my Emperor card scared everybody away RollEyes
surf_rider56
Posted: Thursday, May 19, 2016 1:32:30 PM

... just started organizing my thoughts on how to vote; the first four characters all had Force Renewal 1 and Sith Rage; three of the four had Renewal 1, Rage and Force Lightning 2 ... my eyes are starting to cross from seeing the same thing ...... hmmmmm
CorellianComedian
Posted: Thursday, May 19, 2016 2:23:04 PM

surf_rider56 wrote:
... just started organizing my thoughts on how to vote; the first four characters all had Force Renewal 1 and Sith Rage; three of the four had Renewal 1, Rage and Force Lightning 2 ... my eyes are starting to cross from seeing the same thing ...... hmmmmm

Well, Force Lightning 2 is the staple of Sith Lords everywhere BigGrin

I had been considering changing Force Lightning from 2 to 1, and just updated the custom to change it. Help with the blurry vision at all? LOL
surf_rider56
Posted: Thursday, May 19, 2016 3:20:40 PM

CorellianComedian wrote:
surf_rider56 wrote:

Well, Force Lightning 2 is the staple of Sith Lords everywhere BigGrin

I had been considering changing Force Lightning from 2 to 1, and just updated the custom to change it. Help with the blurry vision at all? LOL

Soon as I find my glasses I'll let you know Laugh
donnyrides
Posted: Friday, May 20, 2016 6:43:14 AM

I think it's about making functional pieces. Rage makes higher point sith pieces more attractive because they can be self sufficient and don't require every squad to have spirits and Bandon to get some extra damage output. Lightning is also a very clean and easy direct damage FP that most Sith are known for. Sometimes cards get too wordy with explaining how an FP deals it damage. Lightning is simple. X damage to target(s) within 6.

For sith, unless you hit a Sith Sorcerer/Sorceress, FPs are pretty cookie cutter. I wish Sith Rage would have been named something like "Call on the Force" so both light and dark could use it. LS precision is garbage in comparison.

I'm leaving my input for the pieces on the comment section of each piece.

Surf_Rider since your piece doesn't have a comment section I'll leave my thoughts here.
I like the stats and the cost makes it playable and the artwork is beautiful, but I think you've made an indestructible piece. Both Gauntlet and Yoke not having a way to save out means that if you have an all melee squad, you've lost. Can't base him and if you do, you get pushed back and take 10. Even LS throw can't hit him because you can't target him. Melee attacks must target, so even if Haazen bases an enemy, they can't hit him on their turn because the can't target him. I think you have to loosen up his SAs to make him able to be fought against. Else he just takes a ghost, Bandon and DWIII and runs all over the place LS assaulting everybody for 80 damage.
surf_rider56
Posted: Friday, May 20, 2016 8:07:45 AM

donnyrides wrote:
I think it's about making functional pieces. Rage makes higher point sith pieces more attractive because they can be self sufficient and don't require every squad to have spirits and Bandon to get some extra damage output. Lightning is also a very clean and easy direct damage FP that most Sith are known for. Sometimes cards get too wordy with explaining how an FP deals it damage. Lightning is simple. X damage to target(s) within 6.

For sith, unless you hit a Sith Sorcerer/Sorceress, FPs are pretty cookie cutter. I wish Sith Rage would have been named something like "Call on the Force" so both light and dark could use it. LS precision is garbage in comparison.

I'm leaving my input for the pieces on the comment section of each piece.

Surf_Rider since your piece doesn't have a comment section I'll leave my thoughts here.
I like the stats and the cost makes it playable and the artwork is beautiful, but I think you've made an indestructible piece. Both Gauntlet and Yoke not having a way to save out means that if you have an all melee squad, you've lost. Can't base him and if you do, you get pushed back and take 10. Even LS throw can't hit him because you can't target him. Melee attacks must target, so even if Haazen bases an enemy, they can't hit him on their turn because the can't target him. I think you have to loosen up his SAs to make him able to be fought against. Else he just takes a ghost, Bandon and DWIII and runs all over the place LS assaulting everybody for 80 damage.

Regarding "Cookie Cutter" approach" As CC said, Lightning is a Staple of being a Sith. I just thought it interesting that 3-4 characters in a row all said Renewal 1, Lightning 1, & Sith Rage. Now Rage is what it is, have it or not, but Renewal could've been Level 2, Lightning could've been Lightning 2 or even Sith Lightning. Didn't seem like much variation. First in (Jak) no problem, but if you want to make your piece standout/different, that's where imagination comes in.

Regarding "Invincibility" I agree, Gauntlet & Yoke are dammm nasty; but I used the descriptions Wook gave me; the Yoke reflects the idea that everybody trusted Haaz and never thought he was an "enemy" and why target friendlies. The Gauntlet, according to Wook ....

"Gauntlet had the power of preventing anything from touching the wearer without his or her consent, blasting aside anything that attempted to do so with a surge of Dark Side energy. Its protection was sufficient to defend the wearer from a lightsaber strike. In addition to providing protection, it also enabled the wearer to purposely direct such blasts towards chosen targets on a whim, without even needing to turn and face them"

I Avoided the redirect part but because as you pointed out he'd be ridiculous/impossible to kill, I left him otherwise vulnerable; no Double Attack so no "80" Damage, and voluntarily, if he's next to you, you probably can Push, Thrust or Blast him; he doesn't want to base you because then he opens himself up. He's got no other defenses other than his 17 D and a sight/long ranged weapon will take him out easy. As for an all melee team going against him, well, you bring a knife to a gunfight .... I've had plenty of games where I was blindsided.

I work with what I've got according to the Holy Wook Smile
jak
Posted: Saturday, May 21, 2016 5:13:30 AM

OK GENTS
Time to start voting!ThumbsUp

Can one of you geniuses post 'Em all together, like we do.

THANX