RegisterDonateLogin

Unlikely to lead to fear, anger, hate or suffering.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

The Next Big Thing... Options
IG-108
Posted: Sunday, July 5, 2009 9:57:59 AM
Groups: Member

So, now that Jedi Academy's out, and the ultimate judgement of GOWK is over, we should be able to move onto upcoming things in SWM, instead of dwelling on the past. To a point.
We do know that Galaxy at War is the next set to come out. So far, the only thing we semi-know about it is from what we can tell from this image. For sure, there's a new Grievous. There's a clone that some (including myself) think it's a new Commander Cody. Others think that it's Commander Bly. And there's some other Jedi that isn't clear enough to tell who it is.
So what do you think will be in the new pack, or, what do you want to see in the new pack. I've heard rumors that it'll be Clone Wars heavy. If that's true, I think we'll see a lot of stuff from the T.V. show and EU that weren't put into the Clone Wars set. Things like a new Plo Koon, new Kit Fisto, Cad Bane, Battle Droid Commando, and others.
So, if anyone feels like it, just go ahead and post what you think. If not, just go ahead and let this thread slip into the deep dark recess of other forum pages, where it'll belong.
Dr. Destructo
Posted: Sunday, July 5, 2009 10:42:49 AM

well, I'm not a huge fan of Clone Wars era(don't play Seps or Rep), so I'm not thrilled about getting another CW heavy set less than a year apart from the last one, but if they make newer/better versions of Kit, Plo, and Ki-adi I'll be fairly content. If they add an Imp Joruus C'baoth though, then this set could be my new favorite in spite of CW crazyness.
Darth Sarcasim
Posted: Sunday, July 5, 2009 11:30:01 AM

Im excited for another clone wars set.. i am currently trading off my non sep/rep figures. HOPEFULLY we see a bunch of new faces..

On that note... Durge on Swoop bike would rock.
twinjedi
Posted: Sunday, July 5, 2009 11:44:30 AM

Obi-wan on swoop bike would be cool too.Woot
markedman247
Posted: Sunday, July 5, 2009 12:06:05 PM

twinjedi wrote:
Obi-wan on swoop bike would be cool too.Woot

As long as it's similiar to Anakin on STAP, I would be all for it.

Strafe but with a moderate +9 attack on a strafe run.

defender390
Posted: Sunday, July 5, 2009 12:18:40 PM

I want another Old Republic era set. When I first saw that the next set was going to be called Galaxy at War, I though it was going to include a little bit from all eras, much like legacy. It is a bit of a disappointment that we are getting yet another Clone Wars set, not because I do not like the era, but because it is getting beaten to death right now.
Sithborg
Posted: Sunday, July 5, 2009 12:23:17 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

Don't forget Asajj. She is on the second booster art for Galaxy at War. I would hazard to say that Cad Bane will be in the new set.

I would say the next set after Dark Times will be EU heavy like JA. Makes sense to cycle like that.
markedman247
Posted: Sunday, July 5, 2009 12:29:03 PM

I hope that Dark Times has a newer, fresher, less-of-an-80's-Russian-Gymnist, Member-of-Vixen Guri.
IG-108
Posted: Sunday, July 5, 2009 4:10:44 PM

defender390 wrote:
I want another Old Republic era set. When I first saw that the next set was going to be called Galaxy at War, I though it was going to include a little bit from all eras, much like legacy. It is a bit of a disappointment that we are getting yet another Clone Wars set, not because I do not like the era, but because it is getting beaten to death right now.

Even though the CW era is being "beaten to death", there's suprisingly still a lot of stuff that hasn't been made for the game that should. That doesn't include the possible newer versions of CW Jedi.
I'm still hoping for a Saba Sebatyne piece. If they make her, I will start playing New Republic. And hopefully some Killik fringe pieces to just fit in with the Dark Nest Trilogy books.
spryguy1981
Posted: Sunday, July 5, 2009 5:50:58 PM

I still wanna see Roan Shryne, Commander Bly, and Kam Solusar.
DarthJak
Posted: Monday, July 6, 2009 2:55:40 AM

Cool hhmmm?.... the next big thing?........
IS IN ME TROUSERS!Flapper
defender390
Posted: Monday, July 6, 2009 4:49:18 AM

IG-108 wrote:
Even though the CW era is being "beaten to death", there's suprisingly still a lot of stuff that hasn't been made for the game that should. That doesn't include the possible newer versions of CW Jedi.
I'm still hoping for a Saba Sebatyne piece. If they make her, I will start playing New Republic. And hopefully some Killik fringe pieces to just fit in with the Dark Nest Trilogy books.

I always prefer the sets that represent every faction in some way. This pretty much limits my favorite sets to the expanded universe sets since they have great faction representation. I did not like Clone Wars simply because it only represented three factions. I actually did like Imperial Entanglements more just because of the much needed characters and updates.
swinefeld
Posted: Monday, July 6, 2009 6:48:24 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

markedman247 wrote:
I hope that Dark Times has a newer, fresher, less-of-an-80's-Russian-Gymnist, Member-of-Vixen Guri.

That is one of the funnier things I have ever read on these forums BlooMilk
twinjedi
Posted: Monday, July 6, 2009 7:02:13 AM

DarthJak wrote:

hey man, whats wrong with u, know one likes that juck, and I'm pertty sure know one wants to read it.Sneaky ThumbDown
Volvagia14
Posted: Monday, July 6, 2009 7:58:06 AM

maybe they will make a new Obi that has the GOWK CE but isn't as...well you know :)
DarthJak
Posted: Monday, July 6, 2009 1:53:30 PM

twinjedi wrote:
DarthJak wrote:

hey man, whats wrong with u, know one likes that juck, and I'm pertty sure know one wants to read it.Sneaky ThumbDown

settle down............... it's a joke.......at least I didn't beat a dead GOWK horse

Sithborg
Posted: Monday, July 6, 2009 2:54:38 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

Well, here is what the new write up for Galaxy at War is in the new WOTC catalog is supposed to be...

Release date: October 27, 2009

Forged in the Fires of Battle

From the Core to the Outer Rim Territories, the flames of war spread throughout known space. It is a dark time for the Republic, as clone troopers engage endless waves of battle droids, and the fate of the galaxy rests on the outcome...

•The ultimate collection of military minded heroes and villains, including 16 new characters from The Clone Wars - 40 figures in all!
seibermaki
Posted: Monday, July 6, 2009 8:07:26 PM

I imagine they may do some of the Clone Troopers but without helmets, to show off their cool hair-do's(groan) in the Clone Wars tv show.... seriously, they probably will lol.

Of course, there are probably a few characters we haven't seen yet that will be on the TV show in the fall, before the minis come out.

Oh yeah, they might have that princess(or Senator) from that Episode on the snow planet, and the Snow creatures from the same episode.

A Commander Appo(501st Legion) would be cool, unless he's been retconned or something by Commander Rex?

Some of the characters from the Republic Commando books would be nice, such as some of the "Mandalorians" who helped trained the Commandos and Clones, or Omega Squad.

Goldie, the double-crossing astromech droid!