RegisterDonateLogin

Available at your local Tosche Station (in the Power Converter aisle).

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

V-set 14: what do you want to see? Options
CorellianComedian
Posted: Friday, September 2, 2016 6:55:40 PM
Groups: Member

TimmerB123 wrote:
There was a rumor that a Gungan lover might be on set 15. I don't know if it's true so don't quote me.

Triple Cesta? LOL
Gungan Batman Clone
Posted: Friday, September 2, 2016 7:04:18 PM

TimmerB123 wrote:
There was a rumor that a Gungan lover might be on set 15. I don't know if it's true so don't quote me.

Mesa gettin' a lover!
harryg
Posted: Friday, September 2, 2016 7:06:32 PM

CorellianComedian wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:

Triple Cesta? LOL

I'm pulling for Atlatl 60 personally Wink
obiwan1knight
Posted: Friday, September 2, 2016 8:47:08 PM

Gungan Batman Clone wrote:
All those Clones from the Clone Wars!

Particularly Domino Squad: Cutup, Heavy, Fives, Echo (maybe the ARC Trooper Versions too)

Maybe start to build up the 501st Subfaction using them and the Umbara arc clones, Tup, Hardcase, Jesse, Dogma, etc.

Also Cody's guys: Waxer, Boil

Some others: Slick, 99, Clone Commando Gregor, Clone Force 99 (Hunter, Wrecker, Crosshair, Tech)

I have to say that Domino Squad was one of my favorite parts of the Clone Wars; I'd love to see them represented!
CorellianComedian
Posted: Friday, September 2, 2016 9:11:43 PM

jak wrote:
Gungan Batman Clone wrote:
All those Clones from the Clone Wars!

WHY?Cool those clones are all the sameWink

You know, it just struck me that, although it would be horribly messy to keep track, it would be quite poetic if Clone Trooper squads were made competitive, not by boosting the vanilla clones, but by the squads you could build relying on all the Waxer/Boil/Jesse/Hardcase/Gregor/etc.-types. If they all got solid 8-18 point minis and blended well, that would be really awesome. Instead of 8-16 of some random trooper, you'd have 5-10 Unique clones all with slightly different specialties.

Of course they'd all have to be stormtroopers and Mandos to keep them apart from any regular clone troopers you might use alongside them, AND they would take up the entire Republic expansions until about v-set 20. But it'd be cool.
chainparalysis
Posted: Tuesday, September 13, 2016 2:10:48 PM

Irek Ismaren as Lord Nyax! 8 lightsabers at once ought to make a cool character!
Mando
Posted: Wednesday, September 14, 2016 4:32:35 AM

Mother Talzin (nightsister mother from star Wars the Clone Wars)
Old Daaka (nightsister from SW The Clone Wars)
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Friday, September 30, 2016 10:06:20 AM

a dark side faction piece get force pull
jak
Posted: Saturday, October 1, 2016 1:00:14 PM

SET 12 IN THE SQUADBUILDER!!!!!!!!!!!
harryg
Posted: Saturday, October 1, 2016 5:20:32 PM

Bendu.
Is that to impractical? Probably.
CorellianComedian
Posted: Saturday, October 1, 2016 7:53:18 PM

Hey, I'm thinking it might be too late for set 12, but I'll post it here just to get it out there.

I love abilities that require an ally be defeated (Impulsive Reprisal, Unleash the Force, etc.)

But, they are total gimmicks. It seems like most of the time, you either ignore the ability altogether, or you sacrifice a piece yourself - it is part of many squad strategies to kill a Felucian or Salacious Crumb with Momaw or a Muun. That's a great strategy, but it totally destroys the flavor. I just can't picture Anakin Solo saying "You murderous, vile Stormtroopers! Your actions drove us to assassinate our own Felucian so I'd get angry and Force Nuke you because that's the only way we can win! VENGEANCE WILL BE MINE!!!!!"

So, I think it would be awesome to see more specific Impulsive-type abilities. Like, maybe they can only be triggered by a certain ally being defeated, but also more powerful than just run-of-the-mill Impulsive Sweep. So that way it's a waste of points to trigger it yourself, but your opponent has to seriously consider whether or not they want a crazed avenger coming after them.
harryg
Posted: Saturday, October 1, 2016 9:01:14 PM

CorellianComedian wrote:
Hey, I'm thinking it might be too late for set 12, but I'll post it here just to get it out there.

I love abilities that require an ally be defeated (Impulsive Reprisal, Unleash the Force, etc.)

But, they are total gimmicks. It seems like most of the time, you either ignore the ability altogether, or you sacrifice a piece yourself - it is part of many squad strategies to kill a Felucian or Salacious Crumb with Momaw or a Muun. That's a great strategy, but it totally destroys the flavor. I just can't picture Anakin Solo saying "You murderous, vile Stormtroopers! Your actions drove us to assassinate our own Felucian so I'd get angry and Force Nuke you because that's the only way we can win! VENGEANCE WILL BE MINE!!!!!"

So, I think it would be awesome to see more specific Impulsive-type abilities. Like, maybe they can only be triggered by a certain ally being defeated, but also more powerful than just run-of-the-mill Impulsive Sweep. So that way it's a waste of points to trigger it yourself, but your opponent has to seriously consider whether or not they want a crazed avenger coming after them.

I like this. I would like Impulsive abilities that specify an enemy must defeat the ally for it to trigger. But it would of course have to be more powerful to compensate. Some of those Impulsive abilities are really, really weak (Impulsive Advance, anybody?)
jen'ari
Posted: Sunday, October 2, 2016 7:33:33 AM

CorellianComedian wrote:

+1

Legends did this with a couple of pieces that have kind of built in ways for that piece to die first. So we are right on board with you in wanting to see these types of pieces as well.

Shmi Skywalker is a great example of how to get the piece to die without having to kill it yourself and be pretty flavorful and give something meaningful and fun.

We did it with 2 pieces by using something called "Avenging (the name of the person)"

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/25122/obi-wan--apprentice

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/18883/han-solo--galactic-rogue

and than we did things like this as well.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/23997/kol-skywalker--legacy-of-the-force

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/23993/kir-kanos--rogue

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/25116/darth-cognus

Which are pretty fun ways, I feel to do what you are asking and most of all it encourages full on play because if it dies, you get bonuses, so the cost of the death is a tad lessened.
Gungan Batman Clone
Posted: Saturday, January 21, 2017 3:38:58 PM

chainparalysis wrote:
Irek Ismaren as Lord Nyax! 8 lightsabers at once ought to make a cool character!

+1 Lord Nyax would be great! Maybe a Fringe Darth Maul from Rebels?
harryg
Posted: Saturday, January 21, 2017 4:28:24 PM

Maybe a Son and Daughter that each cost 50 points and work well with The Father?
jen'ari
Posted: Saturday, January 21, 2017 4:58:09 PM

I would like to see some Separatist love with force users

Mother Talzin
competitive Asajj
Sora Bulq
low costing but really good dueling Dooku

I would like to see Naga Sadow

General_Grievous
Posted: Saturday, January 21, 2017 5:24:35 PM

harryg wrote:
Maybe a Son and Daughter that each cost 50 points and work well with The Father?

+1 to this! Would be so fitting, super healer and epic fighter with literal beast modes.

+1 to Rebels TV show characters.

And as usual:
Abeloth, Cheap Grievous with battle droid prideful, Rianna Saren+Zeeo, and NK-1 Necrosis or ability to bring grievous into imperials but make him beoome a droid only.
General_Grievous
Posted: Sunday, February 5, 2017 8:35:26 AM

Can we also get a Large based model of the phantom? Using the rebel troop cart, and allowing characters to fire from it? I created a custom but I think it would be sweet to see. My take on it:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/27245/hera-syndullas-phantom

It really helps boost up Zeb and Chopper, the two lacking ghost members

Also related but different: General Kalani as a Separatiat/Affinity to be in a rebel squad with Ghost characters
donnyrides
Posted: Sunday, February 5, 2017 10:45:57 AM

anything from the Bane books and something for vong.
My 2 piece wish list are something like these:
Kas'im, Sith-Blademaster
and
Yun-Shuno Priest
TimmerB123
Posted: Sunday, February 5, 2017 11:52:45 AM

Thanks for all the great suggestions!

This thread is done now, V-set 14 is deep into the design phase, and already has the set list locked in and rough drafts of almost all the characters.

In other words - it's time to start brainstorming for set 15 and beyond!

Go here to continue posting these great suggestions.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Link to v-set 15 thread: http://www.bloomilk.com/Forums/default.aspx?g=posts&t=20403