RegisterDonateLogin

Is your only hope.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Possible New Complete-ish MapList November 2016! Options
kezzamachineII
Posted: Thursday, November 17, 2016 2:32:46 PM
Groups: Member

Yo.

So, in an effort to stocktake my map collection and to plan for future SWM:CE adventures, I tried to put together a *better* maplist for an entire collection so I could see what I had and what the whole lot looked like. I'd love feedback on it! I want to put in some data as to who made what and release dates and such (I have most of that info already), and I am thinking I'd like to put in some of the more semi-official custom maps (like Kashyyyk and Dagobah - those hugh awesome ones)... but that's all future thinkings. Anyhoo - feedback away!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0doq8tjv6fuhib4/SWMmaplistnov2016.pdf?dl=0
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, November 17, 2016 6:53:53 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Under "DISTANT OUTPOSTS: in space":

You have "illegal" on Boarding Action but it should be on The Nova Eclipse.

Under "MASS TRANSIT: shipping centre":

You have "Offworld Docking Po." as Illegal, but I'm pretty sure it's Open.

"COMMERCIAL STREETS AND PLAZAS" is listed twice. The second looks like it should be something about palaces.

Under "DARK STREETS AND SHADOWY PLACES":

You have JC6: Gangster's Vault and JC6: Black Market Auction House both listed. "Black Market Auction House" was an early working name for "Gangster's Vault". "Gangster's Vault" was the name finally chosen so there really is no map called "Black Market Auction House". The map you have labeled as "Black Market Auction House" doesn't have a name on it, but it was called "Imperial Garrison" in the kickstarter, and should be moved to another category (probably Outposts and Obscure Locations or Enclaves). Actually, I think "Imperial Garrison", "Modular Base", and "Blue Squadron HQ" all belong in the same category, but right now they're in 3 different ones.

Under "OUTPOSTS AND OBSCURE LOCATIONS":

You have Mustaphar spelled as "Mustapha" twice.

I believe the "ONEOFF" maps were classified "ILLEGAL" since they were so hard to get a hold of (so opponents couldn't practice on them).

I know what all the codes mean, but it would be nice to have a key.

This is excellent! Only a few corrections to offer considering how much work went into it. Superb!

Looks like you do not have Christopher West's latest Forsaken Lands III and IV maps.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mapmaker/poster-maps-of-the-forsaken-lands-iii-iv-and-more
kezzamachine
Posted: Thursday, November 17, 2016 7:36:19 PM

Yes, but are there any changes?

*hehe*
kezzamachineII
Posted: Friday, November 25, 2016 11:53:27 AM

Right.

Thanks to the awesome feedback of the Flying Arrow (AKA FlyingArrow), here is a redo of the above list:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0doq8tjv6fuhib4/SWMmaplistnov2016.pdf?dl=0

I've made pretty much all the changes suggested, except for the key. I'm working on another coupl'a pages where I can also have a list of some more detail as far as the map origins and other such things are concerned, and I wanna put a key on that.

I'm also keen to include some of the more popular non-official maps too. I currently have:
* The massive Kashyyyk and Daogbah maps - like, twice the size of normal ones,
* The massive Death Star map and the smaller skirmish ones,
* There's a Jabba's Palace one,
* Docking Bay '94,
* A whole bunch of ones that my brother made (which are pretty good!),
* and a smattering of other ones.

Are there any non-official ones that y'all use?
FlyingArrow
Posted: Saturday, November 26, 2016 1:54:01 PM

I don't see any of the changes at that link.

The only 2 non-official maps I had printed out were Nar Shaddaa and the skirmish size Death Star map.
kezzamachineII
Posted: Sunday, November 27, 2016 10:56:27 AM

Edited!
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, August 10, 2018 7:26:52 AM

Will we get a new 2018 map list?

Things not in the 2016 list:

*Maps of Mastery Distant Frontiers Set:
https://maps-of-mastery-store.myshopify.com/collections/frontpage/products/distant-frontiers-deluxe-set

Although I'm not sure it's even worth including. 2 of the 8 are illegal - you can't even get from one side of the map to the other. 2 others have severe choke points - Open. 3 more are totally wide open - Open list. Only one looks like a map even for the Standard list, and it doesn't look like a contender for the Restricted list.

Maps of Mastery's most recent map pack is the castle map that looks to be based on Harry Potter. While a castle isn't out of place in the Star Wars universe, it lacks any of our terrain markings.

* Adventurers' Atlas Map Pack 7

I'll write them all down here later, but half of it is reprints of previous maps. Of the new ones, at least one looks really good for the Restricted List. A couple others might qualify.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, August 12, 2021 9:43:46 PM

Is there a newer complete visual list?