RegisterDonateLogin

More cost effective than Chewbacca, Rebel Hero.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Avoid Defeat Options
DarthMaim
Posted: Friday, February 24, 2017 2:25:22 AM
Groups: Member

Scenario: Enemy character has twin attack, and with the first attack, hits and brings my character with avoid defeat to 0 hit points. My character avoids defeat, with 2 rolls of 11. Does the enemy get to attack again with the second half of it's twin? How about if the enemy has double attack? Or the ability to activate 2 special abilities in 1 action, such as overload, or using Tarpals commander effect?
kobayashimaru
Posted: Friday, February 24, 2017 4:09:39 AM

@darth maim
good question

I'm not quite the rules buff (and AFG/AFRB somewhat)
though, I believe that

attack #1 -> 0HP triggers Avoid Defeat, play is suspended -> pass 2 x save 11 -> attack # 2 -> potential 0HP and Avoid Defeat...

is the process which would occur.
so, yes, they could potentially attack with remaining attacks against
your character who possesses the Avoid Defeat SA again, and it may well be that they're the only legal target.
you might even get an AoO against them if they try to move after attacking you if they had Greater Mobile Attack etc, and you Avoid Defeat.
Strafe Attack and Avoid Defeat are interesting, as often if you avoided defeat against a strafer, it strands the strafer there if they can't attack any other adjacent legal targets hehe.

I think it also applies to 'self-defeat via nombomb/self-destruct or splash damage", from past rulings IIRC.
swinefeld
Posted: Friday, February 24, 2017 3:02:51 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

DarthMaim wrote:
Scenario: Enemy character has twin attack, and with the first attack, hits and brings my character with avoid defeat to 0 hit points. My character avoids defeat, with 2 rolls of 11. Does the enemy get to attack again with the second half of it's twin? How about if the enemy has double attack? Or the ability to activate 2 special abilities in 1 action, such as overload, or using Tarpals commander effect?

Twin: Yes, the attacker would automatically attack that character again to resolve Twin.

Double: Yes, or the attacker could choose another legal target if available.

Overload etc: Yes, or the attacker could choose another legal target if available.
DarthMaim
Posted: Thursday, June 1, 2017 4:34:20 AM

If the character with Avoid Defeat is defeated by a character with Rigged Detonators, does the character automatically fail it's avoid defeat saves?
swinefeld
Posted: Thursday, June 1, 2017 7:49:24 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

DarthMaim wrote:
If the character with Avoid Defeat is defeated by a character with Rigged Detonators, does the character automatically fail it's avoid defeat saves?

No.

At that point the character is no longer responding to the Rigged character's attacks or abilities.