RegisterDonateLogin

Thinks you need more Droids in your squads.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

I need some food for thought Options
BogaRider
Posted: Thursday, March 23, 2017 6:51:02 AM
Groups: Member

Hey, I was making some old school squads and I just wanted some other eye's to glance over these two squads and give your thoughts if any. They aren't the most competitive, but that wasn't my intentions it's a friendly game between my competitors.

--Don't GAQ--
55 Grand Master Yoda
35 Anakin Skywalker on STAP
34 Quinlan Vos, Infiltrator
9 R2-D2, Astromech Droid
8 Mas Amedda
9 Ugnaught Demolitionist x3

(150pts. 8 activations)

--Bucket of Chums--
35 Zuckuss, Bounty Hunter
33 Captain Rex
24 Qui-Gon Jinn, Jedi Trainer
21 The Dark Woman
18 Lando Calrissian, Dashing Scoundrel
9 R2-D2, Astromech Droid
9 Ugnaught Demolitionist x3

(149pts. 9 activations)

I wanted to try some combo's out that aren't to well known, so my opponent doesn't know exactly how my squad is ran so he can't already have a strategy that he has used before.
jak
Posted: Thursday, March 23, 2017 8:37:57 AM

making the squads public will certainly keep your opponent in the dark................Blink
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, March 23, 2017 8:44:29 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Are these two squads designed to face off against each other?
BogaRider
Posted: Friday, March 24, 2017 7:11:22 PM

I believe they are public. Either way no, they aren't designed to face each other. I just want to see other points of view on them both.
Don't G.A.Q. is a squad type I've never really ran, I'd tow AnStap late as I can in round, strafe, try to recon with Vos, Strafe again, die... get Vos momentum. Yoda can base or get towed n LT3 whatever. strong melee decent stats with yoda, anstap prolly won't do too much, what else besides rex could I use (35 points). Ani could help against swarms. LMK

Bucket of Chums. I kinda am excited to see how this one pans out, everyone gets plus 4 (except rex) can kinda do a bunch of little things. I think the key to a strong game would be play Zuckuss carefully, he kinda holds the group together. I like lando here with the FP by the Dark women. Rex can be used as a one time bomb or you can force sense n try to shoot from a far. Qui-Gon doesn't do much and can sacrifice himself to save someone or follow the dark women around a base my opponents best guy if possible and then try clean up with rex n lando with Zuckuss getting that anticipation in the clutch. Don't lose R2 early. It's nice to make a rep squad without Mas.