RegisterDonateLogin

Has been known to make mistakes...from time to time...

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Targeting With Diplomat in the Way Options
DarthMaim
Posted: Sunday, May 7, 2017 7:53:27 PM
Groups: Member

So if I have a diplomat blocking los to another one of my guys without diplomat, and an enemy character, tries to shoot/target my guy without diplomat with blaster, missles, flame thrower, blast bugs, etc., does the attack or special ability just go through the diplomat, and connect to my guy without diplomat?
atmsalad
Posted: Sunday, May 7, 2017 8:12:44 PM
Groups: Member

Yes sir
FlyingArrow
Posted: Sunday, May 7, 2017 8:19:31 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

And the Diplomat would then be affected by the effect if it hits adjacent characters (grenades, flamethrower, missiles, etc).

Diplomats are particularly annoying, though, when adjacent. Diplomats do not count as the nearest enemy, but they do count as adjacent. Targeting rules say that the legal targets are:
* If any enemy is adjacent, only adjacent enemies
* If no enemy is adjacent, then the legal targets are the nearest enemy (or enemies if more than one ties for nearest) and any enemy without cover

Because Diplomats don't count as the nearest enemy, they have no effect on the second part (other than providing cover for allies). But if they are adjacent to an enemy, the enemy can only attack someone adjacent. If nobody else is adjacent, that enemy can't attack anyone (assuming they have line of sight to one the Diplmats allies so that Diplomat kicks in).