RegisterDonateLogin

It does a Bothan good.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Self-Made Custom AT-TE Stat Card Options
BZNintendo
Posted: Saturday, May 20, 2017 11:31:16 AM
Groups: Member

I made my own custom stat card for the AT-TE Walker. I would like some feedback on it and if it is balanced and fair?

Here is the card itself: http://imgur.com/a/4n9Qb
blemelisk
Posted: Saturday, May 20, 2017 2:16:05 PM

Looks pretty good to me, but how come no Ignores Damage Reduction on its main cannon?
BZNintendo
Posted: Saturday, May 20, 2017 9:23:12 PM

blemelisk wrote:
Looks pretty good to me, but how come no Ignores Damage Reduction on its main cannon?

There is no ignoring Damage Reduction on its main canon because the card in mainly based off the AT-AT stat card and that one also had no ignoring damage reduction on its main canon attack either.
kobayashimaru
Posted: Saturday, May 20, 2017 10:07:39 PM

howdy BZNintendo;
thanks for sharing BlooMilk
any chance you could share the template and elements too? (the tokens for the staggered activation by themselves would be awesome!)
I've been searching for a fringe, republic and separatist staggered activation stat card for a while now.

I digress,
to the card itself. I note it says 2005 as the production date, that's a nice touch.
as to the balance and abilities, I will have to play test it.
I think, comparatively to WotC up to 2008 meta, this would be very well balanced.
as to postVSET present 'modern' meta, this thing is far too much of a points-sink and unbalanced to modern VSET power levels and all BigGrin
it would be stuck on a lot of maps, and then auto-missiled and direct damaged or vong'd to death hehe.

that said, I think it will prove a difficult adversary for the Crab droids and huge Octuptarra and other droids.
will you be making an LAAT or some separatist vehicles in the future too?
hows about an ATXT? BigGrin
General_Grievous
Posted: Saturday, May 20, 2017 10:28:23 PM

I think you could safely up DR to 20 and weak spots to 10
General_Grievous
Posted: Saturday, May 20, 2017 10:29:08 PM

And yes! What Koba said! AT-XT is so old school Xbox! Haha
BZNintendo
Posted: Tuesday, June 6, 2017 9:13:45 PM

kobayashimaru wrote:
howdy BZNintendo;
thanks for sharing BlooMilk
any chance you could share the template and elements too? (the tokens for the staggered activation by themselves would be awesome!)
I've been searching for a fringe, republic and separatist staggered activation stat card for a while now.

I digress,
to the card itself. I note it says 2005 as the production date, that's a nice touch.
as to the balance and abilities, I will have to play test it.
I think, comparatively to WotC up to 2008 meta, this would be very well balanced.
as to postVSET present 'modern' meta, this thing is far too much of a points-sink and unbalanced to modern VSET power levels and all BigGrin
it would be stuck on a lot of maps, and then auto-missiled and direct damaged or vong'd to death hehe.

that said, I think it will prove a difficult adversary for the Crab droids and huge Octuptarra and other droids.
will you be making an LAAT or some separatist vehicles in the future too?
hows about an ATXT? BigGrin

Hey sorry for getting back to you so late. Thanks for the feedback! To address your comments and questions, first off there is no blank template I used, it is all Photoshopped over the already existing AT-AT stat card image from rebelscum.com. It took me days to Photoshop all the details and pixies out of places to make it look as good as possible. The tokens for staggered activation were again all made on my own in Photoshop.

Thanks for the insight on the balance, that is exactly what I wanted to hear as I am not using Vsets or modern meta, just the already existing figures and re-creating famous clone war battles like Geonosis.

Yes, I am currently working on an LAAT but it is proving to be more difficult as for that one I do not have an already existing stat card to base it off of like the AT-TE had. No plans on any separatist vehicles or ATXT.
blemelisk
Posted: Wednesday, June 7, 2017 9:36:13 AM

I enjoy the regular games (100,150,200,250) on a 2x3 map, but I REALLY enjoy the bigger games using 40k etc type terrain. I am really big on using a 4x8 or so table and having the terrain set up in such a way like a city, or etc and 2-4 players set up on opposite ends and have at it with 500+ armies. It is why i created my vehicle thread to help create the vehicles and balance out the points and flavor of each vehicle.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Forums/default.aspx?g=posts&t=20639

you will notice I haven't done any of the colossal as yea, they very likely should be multi activation pieces. Right now, Id rather let you and Koba take care of them. It seems you both have a nack for it BigGrin