RegisterDonateLogin

Has the high ground.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Reboot Week 54 Jyn and Cassian Options
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, May 22, 2017 8:01:15 PM
Groups: Member

Alright going off of Sithbots suggestion, the challenge is doubled now. Which means you need to design two characters that compliment each other, and to give me Rogue One closure I'm choosing these two characters to be Jyn Erso and Cassian Andor. Create your best versions of these two characters, link them both and be sure to rate both characters together and also on how well these they compliment each other as well as design.

Rules

1. The character must be canon (Legends OK) and from the chosen faction when required. They can have affinity, but the character must start in the chosen faction.

2. You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

3. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

4. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

5. You do not have to enter the contest in order to vote. But unless you enter you must have at lest 10 forum posts.

6. To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. You must choose three characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

7.. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

8. You may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline.

You will have until Sat, May 27th, 2017 @8pm EST to get your submissions in. Anything submitted after this point will not be included in the voting.

Voting will start at 8pm on Saturday evening and end at 10pm EST on Monday, May 29th, 2017.
At the conclusion of the voting the scores will be tallied and the winner will start a new topic with his/her choice of theme.
donnyrides
Posted: Tuesday, May 23, 2017 6:18:41 AM

bump to clear bot adds from main page
SithBot
Posted: Tuesday, May 23, 2017 2:42:55 PM

Alright, can't wait, I have to refresh my rogue 1
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, May 23, 2017 3:03:34 PM

Thanks Donny! And looking forward to see what everyone comes up with.
Lord_Ball
Posted: Wednesday, May 24, 2017 11:57:16 AM

Been a long time... and I personally didn't like Rogue One from a Story perspective.

So to challenge myself I decided to try my hand and have come up with these:
Cassian Andor, Rebel Captain
Jyn Erso, Rebel
Kamikaze13
Posted: Wednesday, May 24, 2017 3:57:41 PM

General_Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, May 24, 2017 9:21:53 PM

Caedus
Posted: Thursday, May 25, 2017 6:15:44 AM

surf_rider56
Posted: Thursday, May 25, 2017 12:32:51 PM

... so I'm sick of grading papers, I had a half hour ... and you guys KNOW I hate uniques .....

Jyn Erso, Rebel

I'm not sure what you ment with half your directions, but she works better with Cassian as they feed off each other. Her Thief ability is also a royal pain .....

Captain Cassian Andor

As captain of Rogue One, he helps them as well as gives a lil boost, has a lil something for the enemy (Nerves) and can give Jyn a lil synergy too .... or whatever you were asking for .... and I STILL hate Uniques!!!!

PS - I made comments but haven't costed anybody elses. No time .... sorry. It was either cost'em or comment Blink
General_Grievous
Posted: Thursday, May 25, 2017 1:09:18 PM

Awesome Surf! And I appreciate that you took the time to make not one but two uniques! And they turned out awesome.
At first look I thought Jyn was overcosted, but after reading Thief I realized what a clever and powerful ability that is. If you can get her in there she can cripple the opposing team, which is pretty darn accurate and thematic.

And Cassian as well helps set Jyn up while being a true powerful Agent of the Alliance, including boosting up your Jyn's damage which was her weakest point. Wouldn't change a thing. Fantastic work!
SithBot
Posted: Friday, May 26, 2017 3:02:05 PM

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/27720/jyn-erso

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/27721/cassian-jeron-ander

Ok, so I made them companion pieces. They get stronger with eachother.
Jyn will gain Quick Shot from Cassian.
Cassian will gain I rebel from Jyn.
SithBot
Posted: Saturday, May 27, 2017 4:25:33 PM

surf_rider56 wrote:
... so I'm sick of grading papers, I had a half hour ... and you guys KNOW I hate uniques .....

Jyn Erso, Rebel

I'm not sure what you ment with half your directions, but she works better with Cassian as they feed off each other. Her Thief ability is also a royal pain .....

Captain Cassian Andor

As captain of Rogue One, he helps them as well as gives a lil boost, has a lil something for the enemy (Nerves) and can give Jyn a lil synergy too .... or whatever you were asking for .... and I STILL hate Uniques!!!!

PS - I made comments but haven't costed anybody elses. No time .... sorry. It was either cost'em or comment Blink

I do not quite understand why thief is warranted..
I like Impulsive Shot

Rebellions are built on Hope is cool.
double twin with built in evade and easy access to GMA? Intuition, gives out movement, and can shoot with nerves of steel with said twin, and gives out damage boost? very much stuff going on for 37. The biggest reason why it is not too much is the low attack rating.
blemelisk
Posted: Saturday, May 27, 2017 7:26:42 PM

Too late for me to enter mine. I had an idea just havent gotten around to building them. I pass this week, but at least I can share my idea.

Ultimate Sacrifice: (If this character is defeated while in the same squad as X, other characters with commander affects can chose any number of commander affects of the enemy and use them as well as their own, enemy commanders lose their commander affects. Lasts one round.)

X is where you would but Cassian/Jyn's name on each others card. You can also use this ability on others from Rogue one. This ability could trigger a number of times in a skirmish, depending on how many unique characters from Rogue One that you have that have this ability.

Otherwise my 2 characters would have looked a lot like some of those already made, spec Cassian as a commando/pilot/snipper, possibly boosting commandos. Jyn would have been a semi loner unless cassian was with her that gave her a boost. But yea, they would have otherwise looked very much like what many of you have already put up.

I really wanted Ultimate Sacrifice to kinda reflect what they did (steel the death star plans, and paid for it with their lives) but that doesnt translate well onto the mini game really, so I came up with the above.

Grats to whomever wins!
surf_rider56
Posted: Sunday, May 28, 2017 5:39:08 AM

SithBot wrote:

double twin with built in evade and easy access to GMA? Intuition, gives out movement, and can shoot with nerves of steel with said twin, and gives out damage boost? very much stuff going on for 37. The biggest reason why it is not too much is the low attack rating.

Hard to translate "Suicide Mission" into game mechanics, but ultimetly why were they there? To steal the Death Star plans. My "thief" ability is as close to a suicide mission/stealing as I can get; its a one time theft thing and its taking away the most valuable thing a Commander has, his best CE. Is it tricky to use? Yeah, you have to time her being next to someone as your last turn, hopefully the last turn of the round. Plenty of ways the other guy can get out of this.

Regarding Cassian, yea he's a small tank, but he's not That cheap and he's got a relatievly small attack and has got a target on his back because of his damage capabilities.

Thanks for the comments.
SithBot
Posted: Sunday, May 28, 2017 10:11:37 AM

surf_rider56 wrote:
SithBot wrote:

Hard to translate "Suicide Mission" into game mechanics, but ultimetly why were they there? To steal the Death Star plans. My "thief" ability is as close to a suicide mission/stealing as I can get; its a one time theft thing and its taking away the most valuable thing a Commander has, his best CE. Is it tricky to use? Yeah, you have to time her being next to someone as your last turn, hopefully the last turn of the round. Plenty of ways the other guy can get out of this.

Regarding Cassian, yea he's a small tank, but he's not That cheap and he's got a relatievly small attack and has got a target on his back because of his damage capabilities.

Thanks for the comments.

I guess it does make some sense
SithBot
Posted: Sunday, May 28, 2017 10:24:54 AM

1. Caedus

2. Lord Ball

3. Surfrider56

I liked other designs a lot but these 3 had some form of companionship that i liked or their individual designs are just really really good.
General_Grievous
Posted: Sunday, May 28, 2017 4:58:42 PM

Surf, thief is genius and Cassian is a powerhouse

Kam, very strong and fitting boost for Cassian, and likewise for Jyn. Definitely the strongest direct boosts for each other.

Lord Ball pulled off a cool Mercenary combo with his two pieces and went for the subtle help for each other in that Jyn attracts recruits for Cassian to boost

Caedus, another subtle boost for each other, and baton attacks/how many do you need are super cool abilities.

Sithbot sorry I didn't get a chance to comment on yours before this weeks entry time came to a close, I think a couple things could be reworded/clarified like I Rebel and Master Shot. But they work really well together and the advantageous one Jyn and Opportunist on Cassian is a great combo.

Cool ideas all around and this week I'm going with:

1st Surf
2nd Kam
3rd Lord Ball
Kamikaze13
Posted: Sunday, May 28, 2017 6:46:58 PM

1st: General_Grievous

2nd: SithBot

3rd: surf_rider56
Lord_Ball
Posted: Monday, May 29, 2017 4:14:14 PM

This is tough, especially since I don't think these characters are high stat/cost characters (but since the costs are all pretty similar).

Based on that I have to go with
1:Surf
2:Caedus
3:Kamikaze

surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, May 29, 2017 4:15:33 PM

Lord_Ball wrote:
This is tough, especially since I don't think these characters are high stat/cost characters.

Based on that I have to go with
Surf
Caedus
Kamikaze

Ahhh, what order?