RegisterDonateLogin

Star Wars Miniatures has always been, at its heart, a drinking game.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Yuuzhan Vong War Coordinator + Coomb Spore vs YV?? Options
donnyrides
Posted: Thursday, May 25, 2017 11:25:45 AM
Groups: Member

The Characters and Abilities:
Nom Anor, Executor: - Coomb Spore
(Replaces attacks, range 6: Target enemy gets -1 Attack and -1 Defense for the rest of the skirmish and is infected. Each time an infected character activates, it must attempt a save 11. On a failure, that character gets -1 Attack and -1 Defense for the rest of the skirmish. On a success, that character is no longer infected. (This effect is cumulative.))

Yammosk War Coordinator: - Yuuzhan Vong War Coordinator (Special abilities that grant bonuses to Yuuzhan Vong within 6 squares or commander effects normally limited to 6 squares of characters in your squad (including this character) have unlimited range. You may not have more than one character with Yuuzhan Vong War Coordinator in your squad.)

The Question:
If a Nom Anor, Executor/Yammosk squad fought another Yuuzhan Vong squad, could Nom target any enemy on the board? -1 Attack and -1 Defense is technically still a bonus?

Or does Yammosk's YV War Coordinator only work with passive bonus handouts and not voluntary triggered abilities

I honestly don't need this answer, but I saw the question about the seer giving MR2 a 2 square bonus, so I thought I'd throw this out as well. BigGrin
Lord_Ball
Posted: Thursday, May 25, 2017 12:04:17 PM
Groups: Member

-1/-1 is not a bonus it is a penalty they are different.

From Bloomilk Glossary:
bonus

Bonuses are added to die rolls or to statistics. A bonus is a number with a "+" sign. Most bonuses stack with each other, but not with themselves. For example, if a character has cover from more than one source, it still gets only a +4 bonus to Defense. A Clone Trooper Commander can give nearby trooper followers a +3 bonus to Attack, but two Clone Trooper Commanders together can't give a trooper follower a +6 bonus.

emphasis added.
swinefeld
Posted: Thursday, May 25, 2017 8:12:21 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

+1