RegisterDonateLogin

Quench the thirst you didn't even know you had.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Dominate Options
shmi15
Posted: Monday, June 19, 2017 4:03:46 AM
Groups: Member

I'm sure this has been asked before.... But I have a few questions.

Dominate - (Replaces turn: Target living character takes an immediate turn under your control, which does not count as one of your 2 activations this phase, even if it has already been activated this round; save 11. The target character cannot move this turn.)

So since the character is taking a turn, would you be able to use any SA or CE of that character? Two examples.

Example 1. Some Ghost Crew characters have Coordinated movement - at the end of their turn, one Ghost Crew Ally can move two squares. Would this ability trigger after If I dominated them?

Lets say I had a Ghost Crew in my squad, and so did the guy I was playing. Would I get to move one of mine? Would I get to move one of his? Or would neither of those trigger?

Example 2- I target a character with lets say Override, do I get to use that ability?

2nd question. If I were to dominate a swap piece, lets say Thrawn...

Example 1, Thrawn is in my squad, I use him and swap, then I dominate him, could I swap again?

Example 2, Thrawn is in my opponents squad, I target him, at the end of his turn, would I get to swap in my squad?

Final Question- If I dominate a Character with Force Renewal, does the Renewal kick in?

Example - I target Caedus, Sith Lord, would his Renewal kick in on the domination? and on his activation?

Lord_Ball
Posted: Monday, June 19, 2017 4:41:47 AM
Groups: Member

shmi15 wrote:
I'm sure this has been asked before.... But I have a few questions.

Dominate - (Replaces turn: Target living character takes an immediate turn under your control, which does not count as one of your 2 activations this phase, even if it has already been activated this round; save 11. The target character cannot move this turn.)

So since the character is taking a turn, would you be able to use any SA or CE of that character? Two examples.

Example 1. Some Ghost Crew characters have Coordinated movement - at the end of their turn, one Ghost Crew Ally can move two squares. Would this ability trigger after If I dominated them?
Yes, however, the key word is ally so if you do not have any Ghost Crew on your squad it wouldn't do anything

shmi15 wrote:
Lets say I had a Ghost Crew in my squad, and so did the guy I was playing. Would I get to move one of mine? Would I get to move one of his? Or would neither of those trigger?
As above it applies to allies when dominated the character becomes a temporary ally, therefore any ally abilities affect your squad only for that turn.

shmi15 wrote:
Example 2- I target a character with lets say Override, do I get to use that ability?
Yes

shmi15 wrote:
2nd question. If I were to dominate a swap piece, lets say Thrawn...

Example 1, Thrawn is in my squad, I use him and swap, then I dominate him, could I swap again?
Yes

shmi15 wrote:
Example 2, Thrawn is in my opponents squad, I target him, at the end of his turn, would I get to swap in my squad?
Yes

shmi15 wrote:
Final Question- If I dominate a Character with Force Renewal, does the Renewal kick in?

Example - I target Caedus, Sith Lord, would his Renewal kick in on the domination? and on his activation?

Yes, but Dominating a character activates it so you can only double renewal if he already activated that round. I stand corrected.

When successfully dominating a character, you would consider that character as part of your squad for that turn only(in the case of an opponents character) . Any at end of turn affects that can apply still do, as though it was one of your own characters.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, June 19, 2017 5:49:23 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

The last one is incorrect. Dominate generates a turn, but not an activation. So Force Renewal does not kick in.

On a normal turn, the first thing you do is consider the character activated (and anything that triggers on activation happens). Then you take the turn.

On a turn from Dominate, Aing-Tii, or Pawn, the turn does not count as an activation. Nothing that triggers on activation happens. The character's activated/unactivated status remains the same.