RegisterDonateLogin

Will not condone a course of action that will lead it's people to war.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

TN Regional Options
shmi15
Posted: Tuesday, July 4, 2017 11:04:43 AM
Groups: Member

I understand there has already been a vassal regional, but given the distance of Tennessee, and the lack of "physical" Minis here, is there a rule against having a Regional for Tennessee done Via Vassal?
TimmerB123
Posted: Tuesday, July 4, 2017 1:12:53 PM

shmi15 wrote:
I understand there has already been a vassal regional, but given the distance of Tennessee, and the lack of "physical" Minis here, is there a rule against having a Regional for Tennessee done Via Vassal?

There are no such rules. More tournaments are always a better thing and technically nothing is official these days.

Do it!
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Tuesday, July 4, 2017 2:11:32 PM

I mean if all of you want to lose to me sure let's do it.
blemelisk
Posted: Tuesday, July 4, 2017 2:59:16 PM

Being in NW GA, maybe I can represent Chattanooga? Tongue
shmi15
Posted: Tuesday, July 4, 2017 3:08:24 PM

Ok, so I will get with the quad head of Tennessee (Deaths Baine- Jennari Jameson- ultrastar, and myself,) and set a date for this.
jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, July 4, 2017 7:27:27 PM

Hmm... last TN regional I ran Mace, Master Yoda, Gowk, and R2.
I went for the sraight kill on Cay Qel-Droma with Mace and failed my saves. Mace was turned and it was instant game over. Against A Thon squad all I had to do was run Yoda away and I won off Gambit, but Yoda only runs from Sidious.. so run in and attack. Than the opponent gets lucky and Yoda dies. Than I play a 29 million act Poggle Bomb Squad. Tow GOWK 12, run Master speed and get close to Poggle. Next round base him and than kill him. I win!

In the first TN Regional I ran Vader, Legacy and ran into rooms of Rebels where there puny shots were reflected, missed, or Dark Armored. I ransacked Han Solo and Luke Skywalker, Leia, Dodonna, and c3PO. Than Went on to smack around The Kyle Katarn BattleMaster with MaraJade and Ganner and than lost to Black and Blue.

Looks like I will probably run No Ozzel Imperials or Sith this time round. (Really wish their was a friggin Sith Vader..)
Possibly, possibly Separatists with no vehicles or San Hill.
shmi15
Posted: Wednesday, July 5, 2017 3:48:01 AM

jen'ari wrote:
Hmm... last TN regional I ran Mace, Master Yoda, Gowk, and R2.
I went for the sraight kill on Cay Qel-Droma with Mace and failed my saves. Mace was turned and it was instant game over. Against A Thon squad all I had to do was run Yoda away and I won off Gambit, but Yoda only runs from Sidious.. so run in and attack. Than the opponent gets lucky and Yoda dies. Than I play a 29 million act Poggle Bomb Squad. Tow GOWK 12, run Master speed and get close to Poggle. Next round base him and than kill him. I win!

In the first TN Regional I ran Vader, Legacy and ran into rooms of Rebels where there puny shots were reflected, missed, or Dark Armored. I ransacked Han Solo and Luke Skywalker, Leia, Dodonna, and c3PO. Than Went on to smack around The Kyle Katarn BattleMaster with MaraJade and Ganner and than lost to Black and Blue.

Looks like I will probably run No Ozzel Imperials or Sith this time round. (Really wish their was a friggin Sith Vader..)
Possibly, possibly Separatists with no vehicles or San Hill.

Does the last weekend of the month work better or the first weekend in August?
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Wednesday, July 5, 2017 6:51:27 AM

Deaths_Baine wrote:

none of you wanted to touch this statement huh? bunch of wussies
shmi15
Posted: Wednesday, July 5, 2017 7:27:09 AM

Deaths_Baine wrote:
Deaths_Baine wrote:

I'm letting you pick the time! I've already picked the place! Whose wussing out now?!
jen'ari
Posted: Wednesday, July 5, 2017 7:31:33 AM

I cant do the last weekend of July because I will be in the wilderness with no access to anything other than my hammock and fire
jen'ari
Posted: Wednesday, July 5, 2017 7:38:45 AM

Deaths_Baine wrote:
Deaths_Baine wrote:

My line of thought, I did see the above^^

Facts:
You have a higher ceiling than I do when we both play for competition. As in you are a better player.

If I smack talk it might pique your interest and make you play hard.

If we both play it cool, but behind the scenes I am competitive, I might have my best chance. But I have done that in the past and you do just enough to win. It is kind of like when I used to coach the collegiate JV team and would play with them. I would do just enough to ensure that the team I was playing with would win, but to keep it interesting I would make sure the other team was competitive the whole time. I fear it is the worse feeling if the other knows.

I know that you have the ability to beat me, so my philosophy is "Don't Poke the Bear".

That gives me the best shot at winning, while playing fun stuff.

^some might think that the above is enough and that I have "poked the bear" but I know that I haven't so it is all fine.
There is loneliness at the top (think One Punch Man). So I am fine with you lowering your playing to "force competition" because it makes me closer to winning. Even while playing fun competitive stuff. I can hope to get you involved with the game and forget that you could win if you do this or that.
shmi15
Posted: Wednesday, July 5, 2017 3:30:45 PM

Information coming in hot and Fast

TN REGIONAL ON VASSAL

DATE:AUGUST 5TH (MAYBE THE 6TH DEPENDING ON HOW MANY PEOPLE SIGN UP)

PLEASE, IF YOU CAN NOT DEDICATE A DAY TO PLAY, DO NOT SIGN UP.

MAP PACK- TBD

1. SHMI15
2. Spryguy
3. Janari

ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT ANYTHING PLEASE ASK ON HERE
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Wednesday, July 5, 2017 3:50:19 PM

jen'ari wrote:
Deaths_Baine wrote:
Deaths_Baine wrote:

Facts:
You have a higher ceiling than I do when we both play for competition. As in you are a better player.

If we both play it cool, but behind the scenes I am competitive, I might have my best chance. But I have done that in the past and you do just enough to win. It is kind of like when I used to coach the collegiate JV team and would play with them. I would do just enough to ensure that the team I was playing with would win, but to keep it interesting I would make sure the other team was competitive the whole time. I fear it is the worse feeling if the other knows.

I know that you have the ability to beat me, so my philosophy is "Don't Poke the Bear".

^some might think that the above is enough and that I have "poked the bear" but I know that I haven't so it is all fine.
There is loneliness at the top (think One Punch Man). So I am fine with you lowering your playing to "force competition" because it makes me closer to winning. Even while playing fun competitive stuff. I can hope to get you involved with the game and forget that you could win if you do this or that.

Yeah I'll decide day of tournament if I want to win... I may run all fringe or new republic it will for sure be one of the two either way. You've gotten better though bro, a lot better you just need to learn patience and just a little better placement and you'd be top tier
jen'ari
Posted: Wednesday, July 5, 2017 4:21:47 PM

Deaths_Baine wrote:
jen'ari wrote:
Deaths_Baine wrote:
Deaths_Baine wrote:

Facts:

Yeah I'll decide day of tournament if I want to win... I may run all fringe or new republic it will for sure be one of the two either way. You've gotten better though bro, a lot better you just need to learn patience and just a little better placement and you'd be top tier

Ya, patience.. difficult when you run VADER! he waits for no man!
TimmerB123
Posted: Thursday, July 6, 2017 8:38:27 PM

when does it start? The earlier the better for me. It's hard to get a Saturday (or Sunday) off work, but if I am a closer I don't have to be there until 6pm . .
shmi15
Posted: Friday, July 7, 2017 3:10:33 AM

TimmerB123 wrote:
when does it start? The earlier the better for me. It's hard to get a Saturday (or Sunday) off work, but if I am a closer I don't have to be there until 6pm . .

Good Question! The More the Merrier, so I guess if starting it later allows more people, than later it should be! My guess as of now would be 10AM Eastern, or, now 6pm... Eastern?
Darth O
Posted: Friday, July 7, 2017 3:44:59 AM

Inquiry: Is this limited to only TN players?
shmi15
Posted: Friday, July 7, 2017 4:10:19 AM

Darth O wrote:
Inquiry: Is this limited to only TN players?

Response- Absolutely Not, we just don't own any maps or figures, so we always play on Vassal. So outsiders are welcomed, and actually, input on a time that would work best would help also. Considering doing it over 2 days, only if if the finals/ top4/8 the next day.

Must be able to play multiple games in 1 day tho. If we get a low number, we will do 3/4 rounds. Higher numbers, will do until 1 Undefeated Player.

So Tell your friends! And give us input. Should have all the details figured out within the week.

P.S. Which Map List is Vassal friendly?
TimmerB123
Posted: Friday, July 7, 2017 4:36:53 AM

shmi15 wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:

Good Question! The More the Merrier, so I guess if starting it later allows more people, than later it should be! My guess as of now would be 10AM Eastern, or, now 6pm... Eastern?

Just to be clear - I work nights. I would have to be done by 6pm eastern.
UrbanShmi
Posted: Friday, July 7, 2017 7:15:22 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I would potentially be up for this. Earlier in the day works for me, but it doesn't matter much on a Saturday.