RegisterDonateLogin

You truly belong here with us among the clouds.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Commander Effects Options
Zalkrie
Posted: Wednesday, July 8, 2009 10:52:50 PM
Groups: Member

I may have been playing this rule incorrectly and I need to be sure. I was under the impression that for all commander effects to work, you have to be able to draw an unbroken line from the commander to the follower. Is this correct?

I have been told that if the commander does not have a range to his effect that he can be locked in a room and his commander effect still works. I did not think it would.

I know this question has probably been brought up before, but I searched back about six pages or so and could not find anything. (I didn't want to search all 23 pages of the rules forum)
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Thursday, July 9, 2009 12:06:50 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

If the CE has a range listed (aka 6 squares or so), then neither character can be locked in a room. You have to be able to count the distance to a character and not have it impeded by a closed door or wall. You can count around walls/doors, but not thru them. Pits, low objects and difficult terrain have no affect on CE range. (this is all per the rulebook...since I just reread thru it the other night)

However, some CEs (aka GGDAC, Gen Wedge, Rieekan, etc) do not have a range listed and therefore are not limited by terrain. Those commanders can be locked in a room and it will not affect there CEs.
Zalkrie
Posted: Thursday, July 9, 2009 5:39:11 AM

So I have been playing it wrong.....Thanks Imyurhukaberry for the clarification. I have been putting my commanders in harms way at times when i didn't need to be. Thanks again for the update!!!.
seibermaki
Posted: Thursday, July 9, 2009 11:18:32 AM

If you have a Mouse Droid, you can have your Commanders in a locked room, so long as the Mouse Droid is within 6 of the followers you want to benefit from the CE.

Also, something I've been playing incorrectly that I realized with MAINEiac last night, is that the Mouse Droid does ALL of your Commanders Effects, not just one of them. So if you have 3 Commanders, all of their CEs are relayed through the Mouse Droid. Pretty nifty.
greentime
Posted: Thursday, July 9, 2009 1:21:57 PM

OK, to take the complexity up another level:

I have Xizor locked in a room. I have a mouse droid outside of the room. I also have Mas Ameda. So, does Xizor's CE have a range of 6 squares (from the mouse droid), or infinite?
swinefeld
Posted: Thursday, July 9, 2009 3:05:23 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

greentime wrote:

I have Xizor locked in a room. I have a mouse droid outside of the room. I also have Mas Ameda. So, does Xizor's CE have a range of 6 squares (from the mouse droid), or infinite?

Infinite in that case.
Sithborg
Posted: Thursday, July 9, 2009 5:07:42 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

greentime wrote:

Unlimited, as per Booming Voice. However, becuase of the Mouse Droid, it does not matter if Xizor is locked in a room.