RegisterDonateLogin

Many Bothans died to bring us this Milk...

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Reboot Week 61 - Subfaction Re-Design Options
CorellianComedian
Posted: Tuesday, July 11, 2017 6:23:48 AM
Groups: Member

NOTE: If Spryguy happens to post a new thread, please disregard this contest entirely BigGrin

Subfactions add a lot to the game - they provide new squad-building challenges, encourage you to make theme-based squads, and and sometimes even allow those theme-based squads to hold their own in the competitive meta.

Your challenge today is to re-create a piece from a subfaction. Whether it's a good piece that you'd like to see a slightly different take on, or a piece so bad that it single-handedly prevents the subfaction from being playable (*cough cough* Clone Trooper), your only requirement is that (A) the piece must already exist (you can change the name up a little, but tell us who/what you're re-making) and (B) it must be part of a "subfaction" in some way, shape, or form (I'm not too strict on this, but it should be pretty straightforward).

Some ideas:
Ghost Crew
Any Yuuzhan Vong Domain
Various Troopers/Soldiers/Warriors that WotC butchered
The Hand of Judgment

Rules

1. The character must be canon (Legends OK) and from the chosen faction when required. They can have affinity, but the character must start in the chosen faction.

2. You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

3. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

4. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

5. You do not have to enter the contest in order to vote. But unless you enter you must have at lest 10 forum posts.

6. To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. You must choose three characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

7.. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

8. You may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline.

You will have until Sat, July 15, 2017 @8pm EST to get your submissions in. Anything submitted after this point will not be included in the voting.

Voting will start at 8pm on Saturday evening and end at 10pm EST on Monday, July 17, 2017.
At the conclusion of the voting the scores will be tallied and the winner will start a new topic with his/her choice of theme.
jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, July 11, 2017 7:16:52 AM

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28096/elite-imperial-knight

To replace the Imperial Knight Armorer.
spryguy1981
Posted: Tuesday, July 11, 2017 10:41:40 AM

Wait so I win and don't get to post the contest lol? I feel like we just did subfactions in all honestly that would be my only real gripe. I'm not sure though what I would do for a contest. Better idea we can do 2 CCC this week and the combined winner of both does it haha.
blemelisk
Posted: Tuesday, July 11, 2017 12:18:59 PM

spryguy1981 wrote:
Wait so I win and don't get to post the contest lol? I feel like we just did subfactions in all honestly that would be my only real gripe. I'm not sure though what I would do for a contest. Better idea we can do 2 CCC this week and the combined winner of both does it haha.

That sounds good to me, though this is def a different take on subfactions, this is more "fixing" a char in a subfaction. As I type this, I am having thoughts of ewoks to make them....somewhat useable (instead of not just my but others 33 ewoks in a 100 point squad for funzies). I dont know yet, im really gonna have to think about this one.
CorellianComedian
Posted: Tuesday, July 11, 2017 1:56:08 PM

spryguy1981 wrote:

Haha sorry Spry. I did post my confusion in Week 60 thread.

That said, thanks jen'ari for the cool entry, but I think I'll just go ahead and close this contest now. Maybe some other time ThumpUp
jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, July 11, 2017 2:16:57 PM

I am down for anything, but the double entry points contest sounds fun to me.
blemelisk
Posted: Tuesday, July 11, 2017 2:53:20 PM

CorellianComedian wrote:
spryguy1981 wrote:

Haha sorry Spry. I did post my confusion in Week 60 thread.

That said, thanks jen'ari for the cool entry, but I think I'll just go ahead and close this contest now. Maybe some other time ThumpUp

we can postpone this one, this def makes for a good one in case someone cant think of one in the future.