RegisterDonateLogin

Routinely gets delusions of grandeur.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

NEW TN REGIONAL TOPIC Options
jen'ari
Posted: Saturday, August 5, 2017 12:04:46 PM
Groups: Member

Deaths_Baine wrote:
Jen'ari in the finals woot!!! Good job bro!!!

thanks bro, but the real thanks go to VADER!!
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Saturday, August 5, 2017 12:07:58 PM

jen'ari wrote:
Deaths_Baine wrote:

Nah I'll take the credit for teaching you how to play LOL. Nah seriously man it's a brilliant squad for your style
jen'ari
Posted: Saturday, August 5, 2017 12:17:47 PM

Deaths_Baine wrote:
jen'ari wrote:
Deaths_Baine wrote:

Nah I'll take the credit for teaching you how to play LOL. Nah seriously man it's a brilliant squad for your style

oh ya, but Bronson introduced me to Firefly. something you didn't care enough to do.
We need a Sith Vader that brings Imperial Tarkin into Sith to give all those commanders Extra Attack. and than my play style will be completed.
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Saturday, August 5, 2017 12:39:16 PM

jen'ari wrote:
Deaths_Baine wrote:
jen'ari wrote:
Deaths_Baine wrote:

oh ya, but Bronson introduced me to Firefly. something you didn't care enough to do.
We need a Sith Vader that brings Imperial Tarkin into Sith to give all those commanders Extra Attack. and than my play style will be completed.

Bronson introduced me to firefly as well and minis lol only reason i am good is because I played him so much. To this day he is the only one I play seriously but considering you made the finals undefeated.. you have been added to the list good sir.
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Saturday, August 5, 2017 12:42:26 PM

I heard its jenari spry finals
shmi15
Posted: Saturday, August 5, 2017 12:42:36 PM

Deaths_Baine wrote:
jen'ari wrote:
Deaths_Baine wrote:
jen'ari wrote:
Deaths_Baine wrote:

Bronson introduced me to firefly as well and minis lol only reason i am good is because I played him so much. To this day he is the only one I play seriously but considering you made the finals undefeated.. you have been added to the list good sir.

First off. I introduced EVERYONE to GoT. SO that trumps Firefly. 2nd. I let Jen'ari beat me! LOL Flapper Wub

No. not really. I shoudn't of wasted time with even setting the squads up against him. Good MEta call. And the championship begins now! My guy Sprguy, vs the invading Jenari
FlyingArrow
Posted: Saturday, August 5, 2017 1:04:29 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Deaths_Baine wrote:

Is this an announcement that he is in the finals or that he won the finals?
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Saturday, August 5, 2017 1:05:14 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
Deaths_Baine wrote:

Is this an announcement that he is in the finals or that he won the finals?

In good sir as in they are playing right now
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Saturday, August 5, 2017 1:15:21 PM

Currently 56-41 jenari in the lead lots of stuff near death what a game!!!
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Saturday, August 5, 2017 1:17:14 PM

Vader 6 attacks on satele... she parries 5 is that the turning point?
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Saturday, August 5, 2017 1:34:40 PM

AND JENARI GOES UNDEFEATED!!!!!
jen'ari
Posted: Saturday, August 5, 2017 2:11:54 PM

Yay! for Vader.
Well I had a huge day of battles. It was glorious. Running Vader everywhere with his 8 speed and Battle Ready. there was literally based people attacking in round 1 or 2 in every game. Played very fast and played well fast. I know the meta was just right or whatever, but man it was fun.
My squad is a no ozzel Imperial Squad (please take a moment to say that out loud since Ozzel has had a strangle hold on Imperials since the dawn of time).

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/176317/i-will-finish-what-you-started--no-ozzel-

My squad

Sidious, Sith Mastermind
Vader of Lothal
Kylo Ren
Dr. Evazan
Ponda Baba
Uggies x3

First round against Deaths_Baine.
He was running Thrawn, hethrir, jedi clone, vactyrl wrangler, embo, other stuff.
My map on Bothan Spynet. I battle readied to Gambit, literally every first round I had 1 or 2 people in gambit.

He unleashed the force a lot and I killed Hethrir. Than Deaths_Baine with opportunity and Embo is a site to see. The guy is like a scalpel. But in the end I made a save and he missed an attack so I won.
Sidious was super low in health.

2nd round against shmi15. on Spynet
He was running the sith 5. Plageuis, Zannah, Revan, Amanoa, Squib Trader.
Gambit in first. he swapped out Zannah and force corrupted my Dr and Ponda. Verydangerous stuff. but it brought Zannah's Force poitns down and i damaged her real good so she ran away. I made BOTH corruption saves. Which led to him Chain lightning them and killing them, which allowed me to get close to Plageuis. Revan died somewhere along the way.

3rd Round against Spry (I might have gotten 2nd and 3rd round mixed up).
Spry is running
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/178096/or-balance

ON spynet.
I ran up with battl ready, he intuitioned out, I moved out and lightning Satele and than based her with Vader and tried to kill her. Literally in the first round. bastila was popped in the first round and everything. He swarmed Vader and killed him pretty quickly. I moved Sid and took two AoO attempts from Vima to sith rage and assault and kill Atton Rand (next round). After that it was kind of clean up as Satele died and Vima went. He pulled a clever move to get Bastila to Gambit so he can grab the 1 point he wanted.

4th round against Darc Dracul.

Fantastic game on Spynet again.
What you need to know. I didn't read Battering Charge and I left him open to Battering Charge my Ponda, Dr, Uggie all to death while hurting my Kylo Ren. Very very large game changer.
Before that happened he used Cognus to intuition and Surprise attack my vader. Vader died but did enough so that Cognus died easily after that.
After some messing around it became a Sid and his Parry vs Plag and his Dun Moch. All I have left is Sidious and he has a muun tactics broker, and r7, a sith recruit and Plageuis.
he attacks and gets me down to 40 HP. I unleash and get him down to 10 HP. end of round. I had over 200 points I won.
We played it out just to see, and Plageuis struck down his padawan.
tbh, I did not like accepting the win from just getting to 200 first, I think that is kind of stupid. I do not think that you should be rewarded for winning before you die type stuff, because I would have died. (and did when we played it out)

Semi-finals. against Shmi 15.
I won map roll but played on Spynet all day long so choose his map, outlaw city.

I set up on left he on the right.
He made a mistake and i got to move vader 8, hit Plageuis twice. than surprise attack him twice, and than won init and killed him.
Zannah had a hard time of it as well as she got lightning and surgeried to death. Richard, I think was playing hasty, maybe as a way to try to force an error on my part. or as he said. maybe just to let me win. but the match was over in like 15 minutes.

Finals vs. Spryguy. rematch on his turf (Outlaw City)

Of course he shoots 2 of my uggies. lame.
he comes in locks some doors, a bunch of other stuff but than wamy! force lightning Vima in the face. 50 and activated. Satele kills the good doctor. some locked door stuff. wam. In a replay of last game move 6, assault and sth rage and kill Atton Rand!
but Sokkan tears into Sidious hardcore with a senator pop too boot.
have to run Ponda adjacent. Surprise attack Satele, two hits two easy parry saves. Activate Vader, kill Satele. Vima attacks and kills Ponda drops Sids down to 10 (with help from xt droids and senator). Sidious kills Defender with lightning. Vader does something. a locked door. Vima has to kill Sid but no sokkan. Make the parry save, kill Vima. game over. 110 hp Vader does a victory dance.

Sidious never died for the whole tournament!! very very fun games. very epic. I think Sid was down to 20 or less in every match up.
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Saturday, August 5, 2017 7:46:02 PM

Apparently no one wants to congratulate you lol... welcome to the dark side bro.
shmi15
Posted: Saturday, August 5, 2017 8:03:14 PM

Just got back from work.... But in short for me

The Fab 5. Darth Revan, Darth Plageuis, Darth Zannah, Queen Amanoa, and Squib Trader

Round 1 Bye.

Round 2 I played Craig, and it was only close because I killed Pondo and the good Dr and all his Uggies. His big 3 ( Kylo Sideous and Vader) tore through my big 3 with ease. Zannah's SSM was worthless against his auto damage Sid and Kylo. Plageuis was almost worthless in the game, both times.

Round 3 against TimmerB. This was one of the most fun matches I have played in a long time, and it shows that no matter how well you start, you should't get cocky. I caught him with a surprise sacking of Plageuis in round 2, and killed all his DW sabs, and some other filler, while dropping 30 on Kelborn, and Darth Maul. DP survived all the death shots, and I think even survived the assault from Kelborn. But he eventually fell to Maul. Then I ran Zannah in to SSM everything, thinking I culd just occupy his people with her while Revan picked off some other people.... But over excited me didn't ready his reserve pieces.... And I didn't realize when they combined fire within 6, it was unpreventable. Literally game changing, ans Zannah took some massive, unexpected damage, and eventually, he overwhelmed me as I couldn't get back into position to stop his assaults. He cleared the board , and I got like 150 or something. Fantastic game to play

Round 4 I played a very interesting NR Pilot squad vs Gizmo, and even with his lack of experience, he still played it very well. Unfortunate for him my squad was almost "designed" to beat something like his. His Self destructing was reduced in damage, I was able to pick off his pieces, and for the first time in the tournament, Queen Amonoa actually was useful, as she kept his Dash Rendar, and someone else at by for 2/3 rounds. Plagueis was MVP of that game, as I made every Soresu, and if I didn't make it, I made my absorb Energy. Including a Gut wrenching Crit that would've sent DP to 20HP, but instead put him at 120 Huh He got a couple good charging assaults off, and stuck damage on my pieces, but I was able to gain 10 HP a round, which was very useful, and kept me ahead of his charging self destructing squad.

Made the top 4, barely, and then proceeded to get absolutely demolished by the Imperial Squad again. I did play fast... And I was trying to get him to make some newbie errors, but he didn't and he even pulled off an epic Force Choke by Kylo on Zannah, pulled her close to Palps who dropped 50 with Lighting, and then was killed by the good Doctor himself. It was actually humiliating. I stood 0 chance from the moment we set the pieces down. But I fought it out, and took the defeat like a true champion.

Not once in any match did I ever give someone Satchel Charge. I always gave Queen Amonoa Relay Orders, and went about my business nuking squads. I felt accomplished running a 5 activation squad with no door control. If I would've had override I would of beat Timmer just by locking him out. But, unfortunately, its just not in me to do that. Plageuis and Zannah is a very useful combo against any and all shooter squads. Unfortunately, the damage output just isn't there, and Zannah's Corruption never stuck on anyone. Queen Amonoa was actually useless, except against Timmer, where she pro longed Zannahs life until the unpreventable damage came in.

Had a whole lot of fun, wish there would've been 1 more person to make it even, so I wouldn't of had a Bye and got a 3 point win :( ThumbDown We need to think about a new system for Byes. Congrats to Jenari on a fantastic tourney, and a great run to go undefeated!
DarkDracul
Posted: Saturday, August 5, 2017 9:26:26 PM

Thanks for hosting and running this TN Vassal Regional gentlemen!
It was highly competitive but also fun and efficiently run.
Congratulations to jen'ari for the win!

If jen'ari is free 10pm Thursday night we'd love to have him on the Sith Holo Podcast for a quick run down of his games and to congratulate him on the show. That would be immediately after our highly anticipated spoiling of UNKAR PLUTT!!! (shameless plug)
urbanjedi
Posted: Saturday, August 5, 2017 11:43:35 PM

Congrats jenari. Nice squad too
Darth_Jim
Posted: Sunday, August 6, 2017 6:05:06 AM

I was busy with the inlaws yesterday and totally forgot this was going on. Lou called and told me Jenari won with Vader. Well done and congratulations!
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Sunday, August 6, 2017 7:11:49 AM

Alright bro I have my squad ready to play now. Can't wait for the epicness that is about to go down.
jak
Posted: Sunday, August 6, 2017 1:47:24 PM

Congrats!
finally someone beat JasonCool
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Sunday, August 6, 2017 2:14:02 PM

jak wrote:
Congrats!
finally someone beat JasonCool

Jason didnt play lol.