RegisterDonateLogin

This party's over.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Being Smurfed on vassal Options
dnemiller
Posted: Thursday, July 9, 2009 7:39:14 AM
Groups: Member

well I am going to apologize first to anyone that my smurfer has offended. I dont know why people do this but I do know who is doing it.

Rannkonar is the screename and I believe a member here. He is a friend of Uggie Demo and apparently they think that this is good behavior and mature. It is not really cool.

I would also like to apologize to the guy in one of the Gowk threads that said he beat me. Well it is obvious to me that you could have beaten someone claiming to be me. I apologize because your claim seemed kind of full of it and you deserve an apology.

@Rannkonar my biggest problem with your smurfing is:

A. you were asked no to it by myself and one other.

B. After that you continued and then went into the main room and started typing stuff to make me look bad. Just totally immature.

It really was sad considering I was talking to Celestial Warrior. He is busy serving our country in Iraq at the moment and has very little time when on vassal to deal with people acting like asses. He had some questions about Gencon he needed answered as he will be home from Iraq in time. But you just had to act like an child didnt you
billiv15
Posted: Thursday, July 9, 2009 7:43:11 AM

I agree completely. I will also add that Uggie Demo should be played on Vassal with the following understanding going in, that he is very likely to quit the game, as soon as he is losing. I have personally witnessed it 4 different occasions. In one case, he claimed his mom was making him get off the computer, and then he spent an hour on here typing on bloomilk. How do I know? I was Pming him about it. His response was to laugh at me and tell me it wasn't my business.

So I suggest avoiding either of these kids on Vassal, or at least go into a game knowing that they are likely to do something like this.
danielmcdougall
Posted: Thursday, July 9, 2009 7:53:06 AM

Sucks to be famous...
Partof1
Posted: Thursday, July 9, 2009 11:16:24 AM

Not cool, guys, not cool.
If you want people to see you like they do Dean, this is not the way to go.
Uggie Demo
Posted: Thursday, July 9, 2009 12:24:31 PM

dnemiller wrote:
well I am going to apologize first to anyone that my smurfer has offended. I dont know why people do this but I do know who is doing it.

Rannkonar is the screename and I believe a member here. He is a friend of Uggie Demo and apparently they think that this is good behavior and mature. It is not really cool.

I would also like to apologize to the guy in one of the Gowk threads that said he beat me. Well it is obvious to me that you could have beaten someone claiming to be me. I apologize because your claim seemed kind of full of it and you deserve an apology.

@Rannkonar my biggest problem with your smurfing is:

A. you were asked no to it by myself and one other.

B. After that you continued and then went into the main room and started typing stuff to make me look bad. Just totally immature.

It really was sad considering I was talking to Celestial Warrior. He is busy serving our country in Iraq at the moment and has very little time when on vassal to deal with people acting like asses. He had some questions about Gencon he needed answered as he will be home from Iraq in time. But you just had to act like an child didnt you

Ok, i cant let be known as a smurfer on any site so:
Me and rannkonar were in the same room: yes
did I smurf you dean: no, it was rannkonar
Did i tell him to stop: yes(I will make him post it)
Do I think it is mature: absolutly not!
Dont go on posting this stuff, I told him to stop and he didn't listen to me, now that it's come to this Me and rannkornar are going to have a talk, I apologize if I offened you in any way dean, and I'm sorry that this had to happen, just please stop blamming me for something someone else did.
Eroschilles
Posted: Thursday, July 9, 2009 12:35:31 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Umm, feeling stupid here: what's smurfing?
markedman247
Posted: Thursday, July 9, 2009 12:38:30 PM

Using someone else's nickname online.

If I sign in with Eroschilles on Vassal and pretend to be you.

AKA: Identity theft :)

Eroschilles
Posted: Thursday, July 9, 2009 12:49:19 PM

Oh, why is it called smurfing? I don't remember smurfs pretending to be other smurfs.
Topher_Champion_Of_The_Force
Posted: Thursday, July 9, 2009 1:02:59 PM

dude you gotta know uggie wasn't in on it,
he called me today to talk about it.
i happen to know both uggie and rankhonnar.
rankhonnar's like 12 and he's always pullin crap
on this site, and i guess he broadened his scope
today to annoy people on vassal. he has like 4
accounts on bloomilk and is a real pest.
if your handin out apologies, you need to give one
to Uggie, he had nothin to do with it.
Gau
Posted: Thursday, July 9, 2009 1:45:44 PM

Mordantos
Posted: Thursday, July 9, 2009 2:03:13 PM

Eroschilles wrote:
Oh, why is it called smurfing? I don't remember smurfs pretending to be other smurfs.
According to Wikipedia (so take it with a grain of salt, or a whole shaker)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smurfing_(online_gaming) :
"The phrase first gained popularity in the game of Warcraft II. The term came about because the smurfs are seen by the human gargamel as inferior yet the smurfs continue to pound him into oblivion at every turn, its also known that the word smurf is used as a verb in the cartoon and it is also used as a verb here "Yeah, he smurfed me pretty good"."
luke hates thrawn
Posted: Thursday, July 9, 2009 3:00:21 PM

I was smurfed too, I would not have known if I hadn't talked to Uggie...... Topher you got smurfed too...RANNKONAR!!! IT'S TIME TO STOP! FIRST I REVEAL THAT YOU ARE USERNAME "SILLYBOY" THE SAME ONE WHO RAN AROUND GIVING 1'S TO PEOPLE'S SQUADS, AKA 'SQUAD RATING KILLER". AND NOW THIS!...QUIT!

thats all the caps. for today.
Partof1
Posted: Thursday, July 9, 2009 4:00:26 PM

luke hates thrawn wrote:
I was smurfed too, I would not have known if I hadn't talked to Uggie...... Topher you got smurfed too...RANNKONAR!!! IT'S TIME TO STOP! FIRST I REVEAL THAT YOU ARE USERNAME "SILLYBOY" THE SAME ONE WHO RAN AROUND GIVING 1'S TO PEOPLE'S SQUADS, AKA 'SQUAD RATING KILLER". AND NOW THIS!...QUIT!

thats all the caps. for today.

Really? Rann was that guy too? And I thought people like that were myths, only used in examples of rules violations. I have now heard of the Bad-Example King.
Darth_Decronus
Posted: Thursday, July 9, 2009 9:22:52 PM

Oh man that is smurfed up. You don't smurf another smurf like that. Now get on your smurfing computer and smurfing apologize. Jesus H. Smurf!
Darth Sarcasim
Posted: Friday, July 10, 2009 2:05:44 AM

Wow, Its sad when someone in a small gaming community resorts to this for entertainment... and then associating with the guy by choice.. that kind of immaturity is what id avoid.. a "friend" shouldnt get off on ruining others days and slandering their name.
Eroschilles
Posted: Friday, July 10, 2009 2:53:49 AM

A "friend" shouldn't, but politicians are still free to do so. Stupid Palpatine and his slanderous lies.
Uggie Demo
Posted: Friday, July 10, 2009 3:54:19 AM

Can we stop this agrument please, it's going now where except burning Rannkonar, yes what he did was not the best thing to do and not funny in any way, but still he is only 11 and he thought he was just joking around, I talked to him and he said he was sorry for what he did, now can we just move on and forget this whole thing? Common really what are you going to get from doing this, just the spite that he got what he deserved? revenge? it's not the jedi way... Sleep
Eroschilles
Posted: Friday, July 10, 2009 4:04:59 AM

I think the point of this thread is not only to admonish the offending party, but to let others know that may have been deceived by this kid's antics.
Uggie Demo
Posted: Friday, July 10, 2009 4:10:04 AM

Eroschilles wrote:
I think the point of this thread is not only to admonish the offending party, but to let others know that may have been deceived by this kid's antics.

He says he didn't pm any one besides dean, actually he said dean pm'd him first when he was under his User name, I'm not sure what was said in the pms but all I know is that he and dean were pming each other.
billiv15
Posted: Friday, July 10, 2009 4:21:43 AM

Uggie Demo wrote:
Eroschilles wrote:

He says he didn't pm any one besides dean, actually he said dean pm'd him first when he was under his User name, I'm not sure what was said in the pms but all I know is that he and dean were pming each other.

So either he is lying to you as well, or you are lying for him. Honestly, given what I know of you, either is quite plausible. I asked him to stop via PM as well, so if he says it was only Dean, that's an all out lie.

Point of the thread is to warn people that the two of you are engaging in behavior that is detrimental to the community. It doesn't matter what your ages are, you need to learn this is not acceptable. And neither is leaving Vassal games 5 minutes in because you are losing. "Burning" as you called it, is not applicable here. "Burning or flaming" is when you are staring fights with someone on the internet simple to argue, or to call them names and other insults using the annominity of the net as your protection. That is not the case here. It is a very legitimate thing to warn others that the two of you are engaging in these behaviors.

Personally, given that you lied to me before about quitting a game, I don't really believe most of what you say. So pardon me if you aren't high on my list of trusted children. Respect is earned and burned, you guys are burning it up fast. Making new screen names is a major issue as well, especially when you were using it to do stupid things.

I suggest the two of you leave the internet alone for a while and come back when you are capable of respecting others. This isn't meant to be a playground where you get to mess with other people.