RegisterDonateLogin

It's too late. You should have paid it when you had the chance.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

most versatile mini Options
turkveal
Posted: Sunday, July 12, 2009 10:22:58 AM
Groups: Member

Which mini does everyone think is the most versatile? any faction, commons to very rares.

My vote is Jarael shes cheap, can move anywhere fast, has evade and parry defense, has shockstaff, force points and most commander effects work on her. All around good in any situation.
Eroschilles
Posted: Sunday, July 12, 2009 10:39:19 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Kyle Katarn, Battlemaster would be the most versatile in my opinion for all the different stuff he can do. I really like grenades 40 and disruptive. Blowing up Keldors has never been more fun.

Another versatile piece I like is Han Solo, Galactic Hero. His cost is prohibitive, but his disruptive and never tell me the odds make him worth it in a diverse tournament setting, in my opinion. That and the greater mobile accurate with double is kool. Shoot one guy in the back, and then a different one. Then run away.

But my opinion is biased, as I like the NR more than other factions.
Jester007
Posted: Sunday, July 12, 2009 10:45:08 AM

I really like the Elite Rebel Commando. For 16 points you have a guy that can survive an IG Lancer or Yobuck attack. Also, he's rolling with Override, Stealth, Ion Gun, and Twin. You can easily beef him up with Crix and Rieeken so that he now becomes a sizeable threat to living enemies and makes non-living enemies run away crying for their maker!

Sincerely,
Jester007
bigbro911
Posted: Sunday, July 12, 2009 10:45:10 AM

I play mostly Mandos, and I think the best figure for my faction is the Mando Captain. Along with Mouse Droids he really rocks granting Twin to followers within 6.

I also like Jolee for his points. A decent mid-beat, the cheap Force Valor is awesome.
scoundrel
Posted: Sunday, July 12, 2009 10:51:41 AM

Dash Rendar RS seems to get better and better. You can crank up his stats, give him force points, reroll saves and he can do 80 pts of damage in a round.
Yames2.0
Posted: Sunday, July 12, 2009 10:53:03 AM

turkveal wrote:
Which mini does everyone think is the most versatile? any faction, commons to very rares.

My vote is Jarael shes cheap, can move anywhere fast, has evade and parry defense, has shockstaff, force points and most commander effects work on her. All around good in any situation.

i agree plus shes fringe so she be in any squad
lukey84
Posted: Sunday, July 12, 2009 12:22:05 PM

lando DS, boba enforcer, bossk BH.
kenred2
Posted: Sunday, July 12, 2009 1:03:13 PM

Boba Fett, Bounty Hunter... YOU CAN'T GET ANY VERSATILE THAN THAT... other than General Obi-Wan Kenobi
saber1
Posted: Sunday, July 12, 2009 1:47:32 PM

You may have to rephrase the question, as it is currently biased towards Fringe. By definition, a Fringe piece will be most versatile as they can work in any faction. Perhaps the more pertinent question is, "who is the most versatile figure for their respective faction"?
ArtemisCFrog43
Posted: Sunday, July 12, 2009 2:11:32 PM

I'll add to the faction part of the discussion by talking about my two favorite Rebel pieces... Luke, Hoth Pilot Unleashed. He's got a decent attack, can push from anywhere and can get mobile and evade for just 28 points!!!

Second, but equally my fav is Shaak Ti, Jedi Master. She can also get mobile and evade and has stealth to keep her from taking damage until she can close to melee, but once she gets there she hits HARD with double cunning and can get boosted if she gets up to a big group and has Duelist to boost her defense. She also has Riposte and MOTF which makes her very dangerous for 47 points.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Sunday, July 12, 2009 2:59:08 PM

If by versatile you mean fits cohesively into the most varied squads, it's gotta be the Ugnaught Demolitionist. And not just because he's only 3 points. A lot of squads come down to the last 10 points and need door control. And even if Lobot or R2 are in the squad, a couple more activations and backup on the door control is always nice to have. Granted he doesn't *do* a whole lot, but what he does he does well. Mouse droids would come in close, but are not necessary if you don't have CEs with range 6 or if you have Mas.

I think they should reprint the Ugnaught's stats but use another race. Maybe a Jawa demolitionist.
joelker41
Posted: Sunday, July 12, 2009 3:32:03 PM

Juno Eclipse.

The most cost efficient figure in the game IMO. Even Dodonna only does one thing, she has Disruptive, Accurate, AND 40 HP for 8 points!
swinefeld
Posted: Sunday, July 12, 2009 4:28:03 PM

ArtemisCFrog43 wrote:

Second, but equally my fav is Shaak Ti, Jedi Master. She can also get mobile and evade and has stealth to keep her from taking damage until she can close to melee, but once she gets there she hits HARD with double cunning and can get boosted if she gets up to a big group and has Duelist to boost her defense. She also has Riposte and MOTF which makes her very dangerous for 47 points.

Shaak Ti JM is such a great piece! Heart

Thanks Artemis! BlooMilk
You just gave me the inspiration to build a 200-pointer with her for tomorrow night!
Hydrowhip
Posted: Sunday, July 12, 2009 4:32:59 PM

I'll throw in a new mini. The R4 droid from Jedi Academy.

For its cost, it seems pretty versatile. Sure Wicket would also be a nice choice, but I would lean toward a -4 def line of sight over 6 squares. My bias is based on my GGDAC use, and the fact that Battle Droids need help hitting the inside of a barn.
AdmiralAckbar
Posted: Sunday, July 12, 2009 4:49:49 PM

I think a great all around figure is R2 Astromech.

He has a decent life, and defense, can tow around big beat sticks or take someone out of a fight, has Overide and can do 10 auto damage to droids which helps kill basic battle droids.
DarthJak
Posted: Monday, July 13, 2009 1:25:56 AM

BigGrin I gotta go with Cade ,bounty hunter.he's a wicked shooter, mega healer, and he a follower so he can be boosted with a lot of CEsWoot
turkveal
Posted: Monday, July 13, 2009 3:25:02 AM

saber1 wrote:
You may have to rephrase the question, as it is currently biased towards Fringe. By definition, a Fringe piece will be most versatile as they can work in any faction. Perhaps the more pertinent question is, "who is the most versatile figure for their respective faction"?

I see what your saying and "who is the most versatile figure for their respective faction" would be a better way of saying it.

But on that note which is the most versatile faction in your opinion, which has the ability to effectively deal with everything. fringe does not count in this one. i would say Imps bc they have activation control, int control and a good variety of squad types like SS to BnB.
shatterpoint7
Posted: Monday, July 13, 2009 3:29:31 AM

Luke's snowspeeder. careful play can make him stay out of danger, and he has enough defense and hp to survive a few attacks.
Urza Planeswalker Jedi Master
Posted: Monday, July 13, 2009 12:21:30 PM

Keldor Bounty Hunters are pretty sweet. Stealth, Self Destruct 40 and Bounty Hunter +4 on top of a +12 is good. And can receive a plethora of CEs.
Jester007
Posted: Monday, July 13, 2009 3:42:51 PM

If we are going for "in faction" stuff, then I'm going to have to lean towards Kol Skywalker. For 38 points, you have a figure with VERY impressive stat lines and set of Force Powers, who can be helped out with CEs.

Sincerely,
Jester007