RegisterDonateLogin

Nothing keeps your activation count high like Bloo Milk.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Several things that have me confuzzled. Options
seibermaki
Posted: Tuesday, July 14, 2009 10:47:26 PM
Groups: Member

Just some things I'm confused about that are in the glossary, etc.

Mainly just want to clarify these and make sure I'm doing them right...

1. If a character has Double Attack and Greater Mobile Attack, can they move 6 and still do 2 attacks?

2. Same question, but with Mobile Attack instead of GMA.

3. Can Huge minis(Viper Droid) be used in a DCI Tournament?

4. If a character has Heavy Weapon and Greater Mobile Attack, can they move and fire?

5. When a Commander Effect refers to "allies", does that mean other characters with Commander Effects too? For example: Darth Sidious, Sith Master's CE says "At the end of this character's turn, 2 allies within 6 squares of this character who are the same size may switch positions." Does that mean a Twi'Lek Black Sun Vigo(has CE) can be switched with a Stormtrooper?

6. If character A has Sith Grip, and wants to use it on character C(who has Stealth), but character B is between the two, can character A still use Sith Grip on character C?(see diagram below)

A..........B...C

I'm confused about Line of Sight versus Stealth/Cover.

7. Also, can you Sith Grip someone who has Cloaked if they are in Cover?

8. Is someone with Cloaked who is adjacent to another character still considered cloaked to enemies who are not adjacent?

9. When a character is Savage, do you have to double move it and get it as close to an enemy as possible on it's turn? Or can you move it anywhere you want if an enemy isn't in line of sight?

That's it for now. Looking forward to responses :)
Sithborg
Posted: Tuesday, July 14, 2009 11:17:32 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

1. 6 and 0 (and vice versa) is perfectly valid movement options for Greater Mobile.
2. No. Only Greater Mobile gets around the move and one attack of the rules.
3. Yes, nothing bans them even if they are unpopular.
4. No. Both abilities must be obeyed, so Heavy Weapon wins.
5. Allies are all other characters in your squad.
6. No. Sight is a range, unless otherwise stated, such abilities use normal targetting rules.
7. No, see above.
8. Yes, if they still have cover.
9. LOS is not relevant to Savage. What is relevant to Savage is if you can base an enemy. You must double move to base an enemy if possible. If there is no enemy within range, the Savage character may move as normal.
DarthJak
Posted: Tuesday, July 14, 2009 11:27:41 PM

I'll answer the ones I know without looking it up in the BlooMilk glossary.

#1-yes, that's the great thing about mobile attack, tou can move and take all you attacks,...double,... triple,.... quadruple.

#2-no

#4-no

#5-yes, allies are all figures in your squad. followers do not have CEs

#6-no, sith grip follows normal targeting rules.

#7-no, see above

#8-if he has cover, then yes

#9-a savage character must move adjacent to an enemy if it can, if it can't it moves normal.
juice man
Posted: Wednesday, July 15, 2009 12:15:04 AM

One minor clarification for Greater Mobile and Mobile Attack. You may move up to your base speed and attack at any one point along your movement and then finish your move.
Jester007
Posted: Wednesday, July 15, 2009 2:31:01 AM

Hello seibermaki, and welcome to the forums! I am under the impression that you are new to the SWM forums, so please forgive me if I am incorrect. BigGrin

Well, here it goes:

#1. With Greater Mobile Attack (GMA), you can move and still make the use of Double Attack, Triple Attack, etc. You are allowed to do these attacks before, after, or in the middle of your movement; but you must resolve ALL attacks when you start shooting/swinging. You cannot move, shoot, move, and then shoot again.

#2. As someone stated earlier, Mobile Attack just lets you get around of having to move up, shoot and then stop. With Mobile, you move out from let's say behind a wall, shoot at a target, and then get back into cover. Other characters would not be able to move back. Now, even though Mobile Attack doesn't let you use Double or Triple Attacks, you can still use Twin Attack.

#3. The only pieces that have been banned from tournament play are these:

General Obi-Wan Kenobi (Clone Wars Starter) from all DCI Formats, and Bobba Fett Bounty Hunter from Dynamic Duo Tournaments. Every single other piece in the game is completely legal for any format.

#4. A character with Heavy Weapon may not move and shoot. There are ways to kind of get around this. If you put a character with Heavy Weapon inside a Desert Skiff or Rebel Troop Cart, they can move the character with Heavy Weapon around while it shoots.

#5. Yes. If a CE says "Allies" or "Characters", then everyone in your squad (with droids being an obvious exception) can benefit from it. An example is Darth Vader, Legacy of the Force. His CE says that Allies within 6 squares gain Extra Attack.

#6. Character A cannot Grip character C because unless an Special Ability that you use to affect enemy characters allows you to ignore cover, the ability follows all rules for targetting. Here's a link to a very comprehensive guide that I found of the WOTC forums: http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=641281&highlight=Stealth+Guide

#7. No. Cloaked specifically says that if that character has Cover, then you must be adjacent to target them. As mentioned above, only abilities that ignore cover will allow you to target these characters (or ones that don't target, like Force Repulse). Some abilities that can do this are: Fire Support Mission given to a Trooper by General Veers Hologram. Lightsaber Throw 5 by Darth Vader Unleashed, and Lightsaber Throw 3 from Grand Master Yoda.

#8. If the character that is adjacent to the person with Cloaked is providing cover, then you cannot target the character with Cloaked. Characters with the ability Sniper will ignore this because Sniper doesn't allow characters provide cover to your targets.

#9. If a character is affected by Savage, you must end your move next to an enemy if at all possible using your movement. You are not required to spend Force Points to get there if you have any to spend. Line of sight has no bearing on the interaction with Savage, just being able to get adjacent.

I know I'm propably beating a dead horse, but I hope this was helpful.

Sincerely,
Jester007
MAINEiac
Posted: Wednesday, July 15, 2009 7:41:43 AM

Thanks Jester and Darthjak and Sithborg.... and anyone else that has answered our questions...

Seibernaki and I are both new to the game and to the forums which is why we are asking a lot of questions. We do look things up in the rules and glossary when problems arise, but sometimes we just are not sure or outguess ourselves. Everytime we play, it seems something comes up!!
We really really appreciate all the answered questions.. I feel kinda guilty asking so many, but we try to only ask them if we really are NOT sure about the ruling.
We are hoping to make it to the Bloomilk tourney in October (10 hour drive) and want to be sure we have the game play correct.. anyhooo enough of the topic derailment...

thanks again, everyone
MAINEiac...

seibermaki
Posted: Wednesday, July 15, 2009 11:46:48 AM

Thanks guys. yeah, we're hoping to make it for the tournament. It'd be fun, although I'm pretty sure I'll get my droid bearings handed to me. So many minis, so many fun squads... not sure I've developed any "competetive" ones. take it easy on us guys lol.

Thanks again.