RegisterDonateLogin

Would never consciously betray the Rebellion.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

New maps! Only 4 days to go! Options
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, August 8, 2017 9:30:26 AM
Groups: Member

I haven't seen this posted anywhere else but only 4 days left to get in on some new maps!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mapmaker/distant-frontiers-poster-map-set/description
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, August 8, 2017 11:14:10 AM

The Base Camp seems like the best for competitive play, but I have used the space station and environmental ones for campaigns. As well engineering and cargo quadrant depending on terrain could be decent skirmish maps as well. Just nice to see some new paper products for our game
AceAce
Posted: Wednesday, August 9, 2017 2:04:14 PM

Can't wait!
General_Grievous
Posted: Thursday, August 10, 2017 2:03:07 PM

2 days remain, and he revealed the back of the final poster which connects with many of his previous Sci-fi maps. For those that don't know Chris originally designed and did the art for Wizards of the Coast and all of the official maps we play on minus the ones Matt Francella created. It's rare to get new product for our game and you can't do much better than these so check it out if you want to boost your battle scenes, campaigns or skirmishes.
bandersnee
Posted: Thursday, August 10, 2017 4:33:30 PM

Base Camp is totally something I would play on. This is an awesome project, and I'm looking forward to it getting fully funded.

The Alien Jungle is a real nod and wink and Felucia.

And let's be real, that space station is just impressive. I've got the Distant Outpost maps and just love them. To have a second deck would be amazing.
General_Grievous
Posted: Thursday, August 10, 2017 4:39:13 PM

It is, I actually have the massive vinyl space stations 4-maps-put-together piece from the last set and it's epic fun for campaigns and special scenerios. And I can totally see the Felucia angle, I was definitely thinking more Vong but the cool part is it could be either. Or both: Vong-formed Felucia!