RegisterDonateLogin

Programmed for etiquette and protocol.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

SHHN topics Options
jen'ari
Posted: Friday, August 11, 2017 11:10:35 AM
Groups: Member

So I have been trying to listen to some of them when I get a chance.
I know gencon is going down and that will take up the next few weeks work of shhn.
But it might be cool for us to have like a discussion of the week on the boards and than have that as part of the podcast.
So everyone thoughts are on the forums and than it is discussed on the podcast with differing views being represented and yadda yadda.
It will make for some fun exchanges and get other people on.
Heck I would try to invite some of those guys looking for games that haven't played in a long time to come on the show with questions about vsets and things like that.

But let's say the discussion about lightsaber or the discussion about 3720 to 1 or the discussion about Gambit.
We can have those on shhn if the people passionate about it are available.
jen'ari
Posted: Friday, August 11, 2017 10:08:13 PM

So right now there are great discussions on the boards.

I feel like these can and should carry over to SHHN and invite the people discussing it onto the show.

It could make for some live debate (no fake news ;) and I would advertise the topic being discussed (not argument but a discussion).

people in chat can discuss too. I, for one, liked hearing from other people about a few things here and there. Sithbot said that they were discussing the way gencon is played and how it is so totally different than regionals so I got on and listened to it as well.
Things like if you do not declare your intentions from the start than you might not be allowed to do it. Or if you forget to take your AoO than you can't go back. Or if the person moves and you declare your AoO and roll for attack than they can't take it back before it is even set that they were going to move.
Those things were really good for me to hear. I would not have thought to "train myself" before gencon next year on how to make sure I am playing by gencon standards.
Sithbot said it makes people hard to deal with it. haha might be true, but gencon is supposed to be that way. Playing Magic the gathering at a real tournament is just the same. Playing casual is laid back and things but in magic you have to say everything step by step or else it doesn't work and people will call you out hardcore.
atmsalad
Posted: Friday, August 11, 2017 10:12:11 PM

I am liking where this is going Jen'ari. One thing to note, Gencon is a different atmosphere that the normal regional. Regionals don't really get intense until maybe the final tables, or against people we know well. Against new people we are very relaxed and willing​ to help you learn the game :)
urbanjedi
Posted: Friday, August 11, 2017 11:04:52 PM

atmsalad wrote:
I am liking where this is going Jen'ari. One thing to note, Gencon is a different atmosphere that the normal regional. Regionals don't really get intense until maybe the final tables, or against people we know well. Against new people we are very relaxed and willing​ to help you learn the game :)

+1

Regionals are much more relaxed than Gencon. And almost everything except the champs at gencon is pretty relaxed as well. Even the champs are sometimes are fairly relaxed although it is the highest level of play we offer and people should be held to the highest standards.
jen'ari
Posted: Monday, August 14, 2017 5:52:39 AM

After gencon results are in and discussed and everything I think this should be the next big discussion.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Forums/default.aspx?g=posts&t=21809

August 31st Control of the game. leadership committee.

Invite some of the big names to be there.

Some from Balance committee (atm, DarthJim), some from design team (timmerb), some from pt committee, some outsiders (deaths_bane), the staples (theHutts, Flying Arrow)

lots of people on the chat.

After Gencon is a great time to have the discussion. I think it is well worth it to look into. Like I said, following the success of the balance committee the leadership committee would be a great thing. But if not, at least discussing the direction everyone is trying to go.
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Monday, August 14, 2017 8:59:54 AM

I want to do it
atmsalad
Posted: Monday, August 14, 2017 10:22:08 AM

Given the right people this could be a pretty good idea, I am up for talking about it :)
jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, August 22, 2017 1:15:16 PM

I am excited about this weeks shhn.

As I do not fully understand all the events that are played.
Is there anyway someone can kind of break down the events before discussing them? Just like how it plays?

Very curious about what I might be playing next year.

Thanks!