Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Factions (A discussion on Tier 1 options) Options
jen'ari
Posted: Saturday, August 19, 2017 4:04:45 PM
Groups: Member

Ok so Factions.

I believe that the top factions in the game right now are:
Imperial, New Republic, and Rebels.

I wonder what they all have in common...
Act control and cheap tech (NR is a tad more expensive)

Second tier factions are:

Republic, Mando, and Fringe all solid Movement breakers and very good individual pieces

Third tier Factions are:
Separatists, Sith, and OR

Movement is in issue and limited tech. OR is getting better and might have moved up with Zallow, time will tell.

I would love to "dethrone" Imperial, New Republic, and Rebels. I have been playing against them a lot recently and Act Control truly is a pain in the neck. but worse is the 8 pt disruption and diplomat with distraction and everyone has evade.... or simply Ysalamiri bubble and full board swap. Man those three factions kick butt.

So we do do to make Sith, Republic, Separatists, etc. be able to not just compete, but have a legitimate chance at winning. In college, my soccer team was really good we were ranked as high as 14th, but we were not true competitors, the difference between us and the top top players was almost insurmountable. even if we pull out a 1-0 loss. That is how I feel it is with these factions. They just have more answers for more things.

My question:
What does each faction need to bring it up to level without making a pendulum swing?

I think OR is on the right track. Time to assess them and see how much more, if warranted, is needed.

Separatists. I think they need to be able to survive. Cad Bane, BH is great, but dies quickly and so does Aurra Sing and even Hypori. There has to be a way to bring the good pieces together to make it playable.
I also think that droids need some help.

Sith. Sith need lots of things. Damage, Speed, tech. I think they need a scissor piece. Maybe some LT 3 or Spinning Blade Attack (sounds like a Sith Vader). they need damage on the move.

Republic. Tough because it seems they are almost there, but the tech of disruption and ysalmiri is very tough to deal with. and always being out activated.

Mando, they, like OR might have found what they needed in Venku. Not sure just yet.

Fringe, They do not need anything particular, but a decent melee piece could be fun.

Thoughts?
TheHutts
Posted: Saturday, August 19, 2017 6:44:19 PM

And what about Vong?
jen'ari
Posted: Saturday, August 19, 2017 7:10:46 PM

who?
swinefeld
Posted: Saturday, August 19, 2017 7:54:30 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

The only thing Vong needs is to not get more overly-complicated tricks, or too loosely scoped SA/CEs.
They're a mess, but making a bigger mess of SAs/CEs to fix them is not the answer either.

Hmm, they need something to make Vua Rapuung a serious threat. That piece deserves to be played. Bomb
gholli69
Posted: Saturday, August 19, 2017 8:05:45 PM

Looking at the 8th cortex shapers from set 14, unique Vong might just be a for real option next season, time will tell, but certainly looks like a push in the right direction.