RegisterDonateLogin

Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Milk the Bloo?

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Growing the game Options
Darth_Frenchy
Posted: Thursday, August 31, 2017 6:00:56 PM
Groups: Member

Hello fellow Bloomilk Comrades,

Presently our game and the community are in a great place! ThumbsUp

V-Set 15 Play Testing is in full swing, Bloomilk is having consistent traffic, the amount of abusive squads is trending downwards, Gencon and Regional numbers are trending upwards, and Vassal is growing in weekly activity.

What we need to start discussing as a community are ways that we as individuals can continue to support the game and grow the community. One way I plan on doing that is by expanding our Social Media footprint across multiple platforms. However, if we want this endeavor to be successful then I need your help!

First, I need several people that have an affinity for Social Media applications, Star Wars Memes, Miniatures Memes and would like to devote a couple minutes a day to posting on behalf of our community.

Second, I need everyone to help spread posts from these different applications. Whether it be our Hashtags, Facebook Posts, Twitter Posts, etc. Getting more followers/Friends for Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and so on. This is something rather simple that the majority of us can help to accomplish.

Third, Keeping the boards positive. We can and should discuss our issues with pieces, the game and the community! However, we all need to keep in mind that Forums are going to be the first look that outsiders get of our community. Lets all do our best to make it a good experience for new members.

Fourth, Brainstorm! Social Media is one tool we can use get more people involved, but it definitely is not the only one!

If you are interested in helping out please send me a Bloo Mail so we can discuss the details!! ThumpUp

Please keep this forum on topic and focused on ways we can "Grow The Game" and the SWM Community. BigGrin
Darth_Frenchy
Posted: Thursday, August 31, 2017 6:01:49 PM
Groups: Member

CorellianComedian wrote:
I've been thinking about doing something like this, but lack the cpu expertise (and now the time) to do it well:

What if we did YouTube tutorial videos? We could do a half-hour video laying out the basics and running through one of the starter pack battles via Vassal? (maybe the RotS starter pack).

We could do complex rules videos. For instance, we could have an in-depth video on targeting rules, and go through every nook and cranny of exceptions and weird interactions - i.e. Stealth, Cloaked, Super-Stealth, Accurate Shot, Accurate Shot vs. Stealth, etc. Most importantly with this part, we could run through the really complex things like choose vs. target, stacking (and exceptions), counting as Melee Attack, and so on.

On a similar note, we could do character run-downs to help with really complex characters, like Lord Scourge. We can explain when you have to make Shifting Loyalties saves, the chance of him turning to the other team, why you can break off making your attacks mid-turn. Or a Bastila tutorial.

We could do run-downs of good squads/squad bases; i.e. lay out a basic Thrawn Swap squad and explain how it works. Explain how OR Trooper squads work.

Analyses of squads that win tournaments, how they work, how to beat them, how you might play them against a counter squad.

This would be really tedious, but we could even do videos for each ability, showcasing not just the ability but cool things you can do with it - i.e. Lightsaber Sweep. Lightsaber Sweep with Twin. Lightsaber Sweep with Borsk or Leia, Rebel Hero.

And last idea, maybe a good foundation for understanding Minis rules, and helpful information to look for in the glossary.

That's enough stuff for about 500 videos at least, so I'm not suggesting we do ALL of the above, but some of it - even just a tutorial - could be awesome.

I completely agree! Darkdracul and myself talked yesterday about expanding into tutorial/introduction videos. Anyone that has a passion for this should definitely jump in! The more YouTube videos we have the better! ThumpUp

Any videos that are made could easily be linked to the different groups and pages representing the star wars community. ThumbsUp