RegisterDonateLogin

Who's scruffy-looking?

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Jedi Holocron and Hero of Onderon. Options
chainparalysis
Posted: Thursday, September 7, 2017 1:07:07 PM
Groups: Member

Say the holocron is allowing the attached character to use its force points to use lightsaber defense. Hero of Onderon allows allies once per turn to use their Lightsaber Defense Force power at no cost.
Can they still use their lightsaber defense force power at no cost? Because holocron says "...that ally may use this character's Force Powers as if its own by spending this character’s Force points".
swinefeld
Posted: Thursday, September 7, 2017 1:24:47 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

chainparalysis wrote:
Say the holocron is allowing the attached character to use its force points to use lightsaber defense. Hero of Onderon allows allies once per turn to use their Lightsaber Defense Force power at no cost.
Can they still use their lightsaber defense force power at no cost? Because holocron says "...that ally may use this character's Force Powers as if its own by spending this character’s Force points".

Excellent question. BlooMilk Some odd wrinkles to consider here. Hold, please.
shmi15
Posted: Thursday, September 7, 2017 2:44:58 PM

I would say yes. How would it not allow it? Exellent find I would say. Ven Zallow just became a MONSTER!
chainparalysis
Posted: Thursday, September 7, 2017 4:53:13 PM

My thinking was just that it says you have to spend the holocron's force points, which is probably just me being nitpicky, but hey, i thought id better check. Also, doesn't Ven Zallow already have LSD?
shmi15
Posted: Thursday, September 7, 2017 8:11:10 PM

He does, but I didn't even think of using him with her before you. Him getting to use LD for free once a round, is very good. Mixed with whatever else you can add in, and I bet you have come up with a very cometitive squad. I'll give you full credit for any squad I come up with using this!
chainparalysis
Posted: Thursday, September 7, 2017 10:55:11 PM

The only thing i really came up with (using my running theme of low activation unique squads) was http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/179035/ven-n--diagram- , i love Odan-urr's meditation with low act squads, and everyone get LSD except satele, poor girl. :P
swinefeld
Posted: Friday, September 8, 2017 10:07:20 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Ruling:

The Jedi Exile, Hero of Onderon's CE does not apply when using the Jedi Holocron's Lightsaber Defense power. Per the restrictions of the Holocron ability, characters only have access to it's Force powers when spending it's Force points.

When using the Exile's CE, no Force points are being spent for LS Defense.

Earlier precedent here about using the Exile's CE against a Force Immune character.
http://www.bloomilk.com/Forums/default.aspx?g=posts&t=17012&fref=gc&dti=874142529290106
chainparalysis
Posted: Friday, September 8, 2017 1:31:52 PM

Thanks swinefeld! Was considering it for a squad but yeah the ruling seemed a little iffy!