RegisterDonateLogin

Was a good friend.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

100 pt Bounty Hunter Minis Options
DarthMaim
Posted: Friday, September 8, 2017 2:08:35 PM
Groups: Member

Greetings SWM community!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A few members and I have had some personal discussions regarding the creation of additional 100 pt minis. This post is about generating some interest in trying to get 2 designed and released by the next GenCon. I wish that we could bring back some of the glory years by running a Bounty Hunter challenge, however, we are far from this being a reality. With this being said, can we just release a couple 100pt minis in time for GenCon 2018? I would love to spearhead the charge to making this happen. Jen'ari and myself have discussed a couple 100 pt minis options, and have even bounced the designs on 2 back and forth with each other. He and I are totally amped and geeked to go through the process and do whatever it takes time wise, to make it happen. Anyone else in the community that want to see more of these, and to see them actually playable and be able to be put in Tier 1 squads, playable in competition?

What say ye lads and lassies?

DarthMaim
Posted: Friday, September 8, 2017 2:13:48 PM

How about have them made to be included in set #17, part of the 30, or add them to the 6 card subset, making it an 8 card set, or just 2 of the 6?
chainparalysis
Posted: Friday, September 8, 2017 2:17:11 PM

I can't speak for anyone else, but, I LOVE HIGH COST UNIQUE MINIS MORE THAN ANYTHING. *ahem*
General_Grievous
Posted: Friday, September 8, 2017 4:30:48 PM

Speaking from the north where we allow Epics to be played in casual non-tournament 200 point squads (seriously try it they are too costly to be broken and are basically the same as 100 point pieces) I hugely support this idea. The Father, Dooku, Palps/Vader/Yoda 100 point are some of my favorite pieces in the game. Would love to see more
urbanjedi
Posted: Saturday, September 9, 2017 9:50:39 PM

DarthMaim wrote:
How about have them made to be included in set #17, part of the 30, or add them to the 6 card subset, making it an 8 card set, or just 2 of the 6?

That would be up to the design team for that set.

Obviously Revan and The Father are high cost uniques that have come out in recent sets.

kobayashimaru
Posted: Sunday, September 10, 2017 5:07:39 AM

yeah, that'd be fun for
"high stakes Dynamic Duos" in the ~ 2 mini 300pt open category.
(it might seem an oxymora, though some local clubs still allow 'reserves' etc, to count and function in 'dynamic duos', leading to more than 2 figures being on the board in some combos).

that's the awesome of dynamic duos,
if you set the price-cap right, having the highest cost figures won't necessarily win the dynamic duo
against a good duo-pairing. ambush-themed duo-squads can do quite well on some maps,
and that plays much more like "SW:Epic Duels" the board game too.

I'd agree and like to see,
a 100pt IG88, or a 100pt Jango (a good one hehe)
and, of course, C3PX, Zuckuss, and 4LOM.
a 100pt Komari Vosa or Guri and Winter would also be awesome.
do we as yet have a 100pt "melee-focused" Leia? from when she had the pink and orange lightsaber.
saber1
Posted: Sunday, September 10, 2017 1:24:14 PM

More well-designed 100 point pieces would be great. I have a few I've put together over the years. In fact, I just posted one I was developing when I noticed this topic yesterday. There are quite a few characters who lend themselves to this format. A few are mentioned directly above.

cough*Kyle Katarn*cough