RegisterDonateLogin

Search your feelings. You know it to be Bloo.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Lothal Options
jen'ari
Posted: Friday, October 13, 2017 4:17:15 PM
Groups: Member

I don't know anything about this, but is there a way to get the rival or on to Vader of Lothal?
I think every single one of us has made the mistake of making a squad with someone he has rival with. Even after all this time we are still making those mistakes.
I don't know how hard it is or anything but would go a long way since he is such a tempting piece
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, October 13, 2017 5:45:01 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

All the squadbuilding restrictions require intervention from shinja, who hasn't been very present on the site.

He might be open to a 'bribe', though. You can donate to the site and then send him a note (shinja@live.com). It might prompt him to update the Rival/Affinity/Rapport functionality that hasn't been touched since about set 6. Then again, it might not.
jen'ari
Posted: Friday, October 13, 2017 5:48:05 PM

extortion eh?

Have we ever thought about buying the site from him?

Do you think we can do a fundraiser over say the course of a year, and just buy it off of him?
swinefeld
Posted: Saturday, October 14, 2017 2:27:22 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
All the squadbuilding restrictions require intervention from shinja, who hasn't been very present on the site.

He might be open to a 'bribe', though. You can donate to the site and then send him a note (shinja@live.com). It might prompt him to update the Rival/Affinity/Rapport functionality that hasn't been touched since about set 6. Then again, it might not.

That's not quite how any of this works. Though it's true that there are certain required tasks that only Shinja can perform, I've been doing the rest since set 3. Including the builder rules records.

Blame me, I've gotten way behind. Just understand that some things are more complicated than one might think.

A trivial example: Jedi Holocron's Affinity

Affinity for two factions (where WotC left it) works right out of the box using the character entry forms. But, now because of ONE piece, another field has to be added to the entry forms, and probably some code updated - or a separate rule added to pick up the extra faction (which will not display the other faction icon you would otherwise see when viewing the character).

A more fun one: Golden One's CE
This is a Rival situation, but functionally the reverse of how Rival is worded and handled in the builder. So again, new fields needed in the rules database, quite a few actually. For ONE character.

Every time the database changes, I have to update my own external tools as well.

I won't get into further discussion on it here, just wanted to shed a little light on some of the issues.

edit: this thread is totally off-topic for this forum, just sayin' Wink

swinefeld
Posted: Saturday, October 14, 2017 2:52:49 PM

Bump as thread moved...
jen'ari
Posted: Saturday, October 14, 2017 3:32:04 PM

Oh, is there someone who can share the load?

What about buying the site