RegisterDonateLogin

More cost effective than Chewbacca, Rebel Hero.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

The Last Jedi: A discussion for designers Options
jen'ari
Posted: Saturday, December 30, 2017 3:30:44 PM
Groups: Member

Hello all!

I think it might be a cool endeavor to kind of throw out some ideas on what aspect of the characters we would like to see in minis form. As well as the CCC for those characters it might help designers know how we feel about the characters as well.

I will start us off.

Finn:
I think Finn should be a very small piece and cost very little. He has not accomplished anything of worth at all.
He got beat by the guy in Force Awakens and than got destroyed by Kylo, now in Last Jedi he was holding his own for one second against Phasma, he umm...
I would like for him to have some kind of obscure ability to know something about the enemy, but not in any real powerful way.

Rose: Kind of the same thing. Maybe some kind of "hope" ability. and maybe helping Finn in some tiny way. She also did nothing.

DJ: Fringe piece some new awesome door control ability. I do not want to see any shifting loyalties or any of that stuff. He had no loyalties at all. straight Fringe as can be.

Luke: hmmm... I kind of think there should be two Luke's from the movie. Luke, exiled and Luke, Redeemed
Luke, Exiled should have some teacher qualities and some unique way to express being withdrawn from the force but also having the ability to use it when he wanted to (Throwing the rock wall)
Luke, Redeemed should have Emplacement and force protection. Which needs to be really cool and fun. It needs to make people target it in someway.

Snoke: needs powerful force powers and some temptation type ability

Kylo: I think he needs "brutal" attacks to showcase his raw strikes. I do not think it has to be Brutal Strike or anything, but Sith Rage 2 or Overwhelming Power. Synergy with Rey is very very tricky and designers need to be very cautious. Dooku and Anakin worked together one time as well but I do not see many Anakin synergy's with Dooku.
He also needs good defensive properties.

Rey: She is probably the most difficult to design imo. I do not know where to start to be honest. She can go different routes. She is a pilot. She should not have a lightsaber style until further study of her fighting style (if she ever has one). I think force powers are a strong possibility.
She does not need any temptation abilities either.

THOUGHTS:?

lifelike
Posted: Wednesday, January 3, 2018 5:11:17 AM

Yes, yes, but what about Porgs?

EDIT: A serious question. I think they could be used in large numbers to annoy the opponent. At least for casual games. With suitable miniatures.
jak
Posted: Wednesday, January 3, 2018 12:36:13 PM

lifelike wrote:

EDIT: A serious question. I think they could be used in large numbers to annoy the opponent. At least for casual games. With suitable miniatures.

ThumpUp http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28587/porg
CorellianComedian
Posted: Wednesday, January 3, 2018 1:22:02 PM

Maybe give Rose Bravado (+20), and Camaraderie to give it to Finn? Old Finn gets boosted to Bravado +20 instead of +10, and new Finn does not have it and gets it afterward? Plus some generic Repair ability, and maybe... MAYBE Manual Override.

Finn could be a movement breaker for Rey via the beacon... maybe just an SA where at the end of his turn, Rey can move up to her speed toward him. "Beacon" could be easily re-used for other characters, too.

I could see DJ getting False Identification or False Transmission. A new door control ability would be cool, but we do already have a ton of door control abilities.

I would almost say wait with Rey until Episode 9 comes out, but that's four sets away. I really don't feel like we have enough to go on to give her another mini already.

Snoke: I'd say wait. I do not believe for a moment that he just died like a redshirt. We need something else to go off of before he gets another mini.

No new Phasma. Under any circumstances.

I'd say a Holdo piece could almost be fun. Not that we need more act control, but she almost seems like the kind of person to have an Ozzel-like CE: it's really good, but sometimes can be an annoyance.

Porgs would be awesome, although maybe "flock of Porgs" would be a better piece. We don't need another 3-point spammer catastrophe, but I just can't justify putting 5 special abilities on a 3-point (or less) Porg just to keep it from being abused (that is not a slam on jak's custom. That is hilarious.)

Luke with some sort of projection ability would be cool - maybe almost a Yoda of Dagobah type character. At the same time... I think I'd be really okay with a Luke with some combat prowess, even though it wasn't explicitly shown.
jen'ari
Posted: Wednesday, January 3, 2018 2:09:58 PM

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28589/vulptex

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28590/fathier

Please let me know thoughts and which one you think should be officially submitted.
lifelike
Posted: Thursday, January 4, 2018 12:56:08 AM

jak wrote:
lifelike wrote:

ThumpUp http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28587/porg

Fantastic! Now I just need to find some good minis.
AceAce
Posted: Friday, January 5, 2018 4:10:54 AM

Okay, now that I have bought mine...the perfect proxy with very little work for the Porg is the Penguin Heroclix mini(s). Cheap, the one I bought has 3 small penguins with the Penguin. Just cut off the beak and paint and place on a base and you are ready!
kobayashimaru
Posted: Friday, January 5, 2018 5:44:13 AM

you could also use one of those themed
"attack of the zombie |x,y,z| " themed gashapon,
you get a pack of ~100 winter-zombies in a pack,
and there's like 20~30 penguins near to 1:52 scale.
you could use them as 'post-wookie encounter porg" BigGrin
jen'ari
Posted: Friday, January 5, 2018 6:04:54 AM

CorellianComedian wrote:
Maybe give Rose Bravado (+20), and Camaraderie to give it to Finn? Old Finn gets boosted to Bravado +20 instead of +10, and new Finn does not have it and gets it afterward? Plus some generic Repair ability, and maybe... MAYBE Manual Override.

I do not think Rose needs Bravado anything I don't think she attacked anyone, unless you count her own ally.

CorellianComedian wrote:

Finn could be a movement breaker for Rey via the beacon... maybe just an SA where at the end of his turn, Rey can move up to her speed toward him. "Beacon" could be easily re-used for other characters, too.

interesting, kind of like Lor San Tekka's CE
CorellianComedian wrote:

I could see DJ getting False Identification or False Transmission. A new door control ability would be cool, but we do already have a ton of door control abilities.

I would almost say wait with Rey until Episode 9 comes out, but that's four sets away. I really don't feel like we have enough to go on to give her another mini already.

i had similar thoughts about Rey, i i a difficult build.
CorellianComedian wrote:

Snoke: I'd say wait. I do not believe for a moment that he just died like a redshirt. We need something else to go off of before he gets another mini.

No new Phasma. Under any circumstances.

I think there can be a new Snoke since that is the last Snoke we are going to get via movie.

Phasma, absolutely no reason for a new one.
CorellianComedian wrote:

I'd say a Holdo piece could almost be fun. Not that we need more act control, but she almost seems like the kind of person to have an Ozzel-like CE: it's really good, but sometimes can be an annoyance.

I agree she is a sit back powerful ce type
CorellianComedian wrote:

Porgs would be awesome, although maybe "flock of Porgs" would be a better piece. We don't need another 3-point spammer catastrophe, but I just can't justify putting 5 special abilities on a 3-point (or less) Porg just to keep it from being abused (that is not a slam on jak's custom. That is hilarious.)

a fun Porg I think can be fun

CorellianComedian wrote:

Luke with some sort of projection ability would be cool - maybe almost a Yoda of Dagobah type character. At the same time... I think I'd be really okay with a Luke with some combat prowess, even though it wasn't explicitly shown.

what do you think the projection ability should look like? i have thought about it and it is Hard to translate it into the game