RegisterDonateLogin

Voiced by Frank Oz.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Glitterstim and Respawn Options
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, January 23, 2018 10:10:34 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

For Glitterstim, do you have to have the hit points to reroll? If a character was just defeated and failed the roll from Hoth Leia (for example) to respawn, could you use Glitterstim to reroll the failed re-spawn save (assuming the Glitterstim Dealer is within range)?
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Tuesday, January 23, 2018 12:10:07 PM
Groups: Member

Interesting question. I assume you could just because you haven't been removed from the board yet, and I am not aware of anything that would prevent this from working. it doesn't say you have to have hit points, it just says you take damage. but would you come back to life then take the damage lol?
swinefeld
Posted: Tuesday, January 23, 2018 1:21:09 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
For Glitterstim, do you have to have the hit points to reroll? If a character was just defeated and failed the roll from Hoth Leia (for example) to respawn, could you use Glitterstim to reroll the failed re-spawn save (assuming the Glitterstim Dealer is within range)?

Is the character being defeated (AoO or whatever) and using Leia's CE on its own turn?

As to the hit points thing, I'm thinking about it. Glare
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, January 23, 2018 1:25:27 PM

Oh right - only on its own turn. That's probably why I never thought about this before. But an AoO or whatever would be a place where it could come into play. But even if it works, it's not going to be something I could effectively exploit in a squad. Oh well.

I'd still like to know the ruling, though.
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Tuesday, January 23, 2018 1:33:46 PM
Groups: Member

would this be similar interaction to something like a bodyguard dying from splash against say a wookie jedi, could it still bodyguard the damage from the original attack if the splash would remove it, or how do these abilities and damage play out?
swinefeld
Posted: Tuesday, January 23, 2018 6:37:28 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
Oh right - only on its own turn. That's probably why I never thought about this before. But an AoO or whatever would be a place where it could come into play. But even if it works, it's not going to be something I could effectively exploit in a squad. Oh well.

I'd still like to know the ruling, though.

For simplicity and common-sense sake, you can't use it if you are already at 0 or fewer HP, because step 12 is in effect at that point, and the ability does not trigger 'when defeated'.

Intent as I read it, is deliberately taking self-inflicted damage on your own turn to gain a potential benefit. If anyone wants to argue for more crazy in the game, go right ahead.

FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, January 23, 2018 8:12:57 PM

Good ruling.

ThumbsUp